ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR P-60 and tax history query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vjs8in

ILR P-60 and tax history query

Post by vjs8in » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:25 am

The situation is as below. I have an appointment scheduled next week for my ILR. Over the past 5 years i have been on WP for approx 2.5 years and on Tier-1 for the rest. Currently on the tier-1 employment.

My question is about the P-60 validity. All the P-60's i received in the first 3 years of my employment i.e FY 2006-07 to 2008-09 are basically P-60's issued to me on email. In Jan 2010 i changed employment and since then my new employer have been issuing P-60's in original and also filing tax for me.

Having read the forums I thought that it might be better to just get the tax history from HMRC for my ILR application. I did this and i notice that for FY 2006-2007, my earnings and Tax details are not available with HMRC ( though employment details are available). The reason for this is that my NI number was not used by my employer when they filed these details. I spoke to an advisor in HMRC who advsed that I could file a tax now with the P-60 copy i have, however it may take upto 10 weeks for them to acknowledge this and be visible in their files. I am planning to do this ASAP though.

I am in a dilemma now, do i

- use the P-60's, even though 3 of these are print outs, as they are the only ones issued to me by my employer.

- Use the tax history doc from HMRC for 4 years FY 2007-2011, and use my P-60 for 2006,along with a copy of letter that i am planning to send to HMRC with my tax return.

THe only document i have to prove that i was employed for period 2006-07 is a employee letter that was issued in 2009 confirming that i was employed in UK(when i applied for my Tier-1). I also have copies of my WP's. I could ask my bank to send my previous statements.but these only prove i was employed not the fact that tax was paid correctly.

Any advise from seniors would be appreciated

vjs8in

Post by vjs8in » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:00 am

Folks/senior members any suggestions?
Has anyone had any problems with P-60's that were printed out? are the P-60's normally asked for those from a WP+Tier-1 route?

vjs8in

Post by vjs8in » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:38 am

Sushad/ other seniors, any suggestions.. I am desperateto get views on this.. i would appreciate any help.

nmaj
Newly Registered

Post by nmaj » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:04 am

I was on the same route.I was asked to prove my employment with them.Not specfically asked for P60.

I provided only the letter from that employer, P45 and WP document. I have had payslips of this employment.But not produced.

If you have payslips, bank statements confirming the pay of that employment & employer letter ( old letter doesn't matter as long as that person who provided that letter still with that company) then thats enough
vjs8in wrote:Folks/senior members any suggestions?
Has anyone had any problems with P-60's that were printed out? are the P-60's normally asked for those from a WP+Tier-1 route?