ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tax credit claim for non EU spouse on a EU family permit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mutarara
Newly Registered

tax credit claim for non EU spouse on a EU family permit

Post by mutarara » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:58 pm

I'm Belgian, resident in the UK since 1997. My wife is Mozambican and moved to the UK on a EU family permit in January 2011, together with my (step) daughter.

We applied for tax credits and child benefit the 31st of March.

In July our little son was born, who was added to the claim.

We received a decision and were refused tax credits as HMRC "can not find a record for one of the adults on my claim" (which can only be my wife)

Am I right to assume this is because she has no NI number?

We received a letter from the HMRC in July they could only proceed with our claim AFTER a NI number for my wife was issued. Our case was being forwarded to the DWP, so she could get an interview at the Jobcentre Plus.

We never received this invitation, and the DWP always refers us back to the HMRC, who in turn refer us back to the DWP.

Under what grounds can we appeal?

Thank you
Last edited by mutarara on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

hi

Post by toni34 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:38 am

then book an appoitment yourself to get NI it is ur right
NON EU national with RC

mutarara
Newly Registered

Post by mutarara » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:17 am

That's exactly the problem, we tried to book one but the DWP refuses as the application should come from the HMRC. HMRC sends us to DWP, DWP sends us back to HMRC

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

hi

Post by toni34 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:02 am

dont think so,i initially got an appointment via hmrc for ni but i didnt go cause i was working away,later i booked my appointment with being refered by the dwp.so you should go to your local job centre then make an appointment.
NON EU national with RC