ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Entry Clearance for my child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

whitbrown2012
Newly Registered

Applying for Entry Clearance for my child

Post by whitbrown2012 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:00 pm

I want to apply for my daughter to join me in the Uk and I would be extremely grateful if anyone could clarify for me the following:

Am I correct that I can collect public funds in my own right, i.e. housing benefit; what I have to do is prove to the ECO that I would not need to collect additional benefits if I were to take me child here?

My position is I am collecting housing benefit currently, and the property that I live in has adequate space, therefore, I would not need to look for a larger property or collect additional PF if my daughter were to join me.

Thanks in advance for your response.

whitbrown2012
Newly Registered

Post by whitbrown2012 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:59 am

Any Advise Please?

Asali

Post by Asali » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:55 am

Hello

Have a look on the below link, there was alot of advise offed on sole responsibility,finances etc etc..hope it helps

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ight=asali

Good luck

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:34 pm

given your daughter has been living overseas for so long sole responsibility is going to be a greater issue than your finances
pennyless

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:23 pm

18 months ago you posted on this board :-
I came to the UK in Dec 1999 and received a 6 months visiting visa. Before it expired, I applied as a student and was given 13 months extension, that expired in August 2001. During that time I met my husband and became pregnant.
And now you are trying to get a Child Settlement visa for your 12yo daughter, who must have been born shortly before you got your 6-month visitor visa. Correct?

If that is the case I agree with pennylessinindia, the issue of Sole Responsibility is the main issue here. Do not confuse Sole Custody with Sole Responsibility.
John

whitbrown2012
Newly Registered

Post by whitbrown2012 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Thanks for your responses. I left my daughter in the care of my mother, who died a year later. She has since lived with three of my brothers and sisters - all for different periods over the years. She is currently saying with a my other son's aunt, who is of no blood relationship to me or my daughter, with the understanding that it is temporary until I can get her here. I have years of money transfer slips and have left substantial amount of money for her care each time I go back home. I have applied for visas for other countries for her and I have taken her on holiday. We do not know where her father is, the last we heard he was in prison. My daughter does not know who he is. I have sent a number of parcels over the years for her. I have also managed to get letters from her school stating that I am involved in her care and other supporting letters from the community back home and my family her in the UK that I have sole responsibility for her care. I have also send proof of regular telephone contact with my daughter. Plus when I was on DLR I applied for her 3 times all were refused for various reasons which I have now addressed in this application. For example, we are unsure if your mother will obtain ILR; there is no legislation under which we can refer the case, and we do not see any compassionate circumstances in which we should grant entry. I hope this enough enough to prove sole responsibility?

I am aware that determining sole responsibly is very subjective, so I've submitted all that I possibly can. I am just worried about collecting HB. I have read MM2 Entry Clearance guidance which states that what the ECO has to take into consideration is if additional benefits would be need if the visa was to be granted. However, I am unclear if this is the case for all applications, or for specific one and if children comes under this guidance?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have now made the application, paid the fees and my daughter is due to submit the documents next week. So I am aware that there is nothing I can do now, however, it would ease my anxiety greatly if anyone have any insight into this, especially since I might be waiting a long time for a decision.

Asali

Post by Asali » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:05 am

whitbrown2012 I do understand how hard it is being separated from your daughter for that long period of time. But you know what it will be well.

On 3/10/11 I submitted my daughters Settlement Visa,and we were granted 20/10/11. Prior to that I had applied for a visiting Visa and we got a refusal that was last year. The reason for refusal was I was settled in the UK and why was I applying for her to visit. Which I could clearly understand the ECOs point. However the reason for applying a Visit Visa was, when we went for TB Scan it never came out clear, my daughter had suffered Phenuomia the and symptoms are similar. We had to wait the 12weeks TB Scan which thankfully came out clear. To cut the story short we got denied the Visit VISA at that time.

A year later gone back and we were granted. However must say I did gather alot of prove of Sole Responsibility ie letter from Schools since baby class and now she is in high school.letter from my mother saying she was not able to look after her as she is Diabetic, Western Union, birth cards, emails, I mean alot of things. It was a big bundle but it was worth it.

Hope this helps

whitbrown2012
Newly Registered

Post by whitbrown2012 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:52 pm

Thanks Asali for your kind words. My daughter will be submitting her details and the supporting documents on Wends. All we can do now is wait and have faith!

whitbrown2012
Newly Registered

Documents collection

Post by whitbrown2012 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:53 pm

I have just received an email stating that my daughters documents are ready for collection. I am very worried as I am not in the country where we applied, and it is going to take awhile for me to get someone to collect the documents.

Do you think I can email them to find the outcome? I worried has it has only been under 6 weeks since I submitted it, so my gut feelings is telling me that they have refused it.

Does anyone know when the appeal timeline starts? Is it once you collect the documents or once the decision has been made?

Any comments would be great

Thanks

whitbrown2012
Newly Registered

Post by whitbrown2012 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Hello everyone, my daughter just received her documents and she was granted ILE. I want to thank everyone for their encouraging comments. It look just under six weeks for the application to be processed.

Could anyone tell me if she now can fly to the UK on her own, or does she have to be accompanied?

Thanks again to everyone who commented. I has been a difficult 12 years!