ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NON eea Spouse on Joint Bank Account

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tanabrennan
BANNED

NON eea Spouse on Joint Bank Account

Post by tanabrennan » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Hello everyone, I need your advice here as I have been going through your forum, My husband is a non eea and I am an eea Germany, I am about to apply for eea residence card for my husband, I want to open a joint bank account for us, I will like to know if anyone here have the knowledge of that as my eea spouse is not a residence, his passport is with the home office on his previous application which is not under the eu route, but we have all copies of his documents.
Will the Bank allow me to open a joint bank account with him with the copy of his passport and our marriage certificate, this I don’t know but I really need it to show our cohabitation financially if that may arise in the future or is there any other way to show cohabitation financially, I know of the rest documents on cohabitation but I want a financial document like Bank on both name as this is stronger.
Anyone with useful experience about this should advice me on how to go about that if it is possible to open a joint bank account with the available document he has, a copy of his passport not original and our marriage certificate and I have my original passport and all other necessary documents needed to open a bank account here in uk. All I just need is help that we are financially cohabitating.
I want this because of the way HO will say later, it was a marriage of convenience; this will help be shut that up.
Hope to hear from you, thanks.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:25 pm

All UK banks have to comply with anti-money laundering laws. Each bank has its own rules and you'd have to check with each. The base case though is a passport and they'll probably want to see the original.

I don't believe that having a joint bank account would add any weight to an application you make.