ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation with past FPN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

OldHsmp-JR
Newly Registered

Naturalisation with past FPN

Post by OldHsmp-JR » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi All,

Firstly thanks for your kind guidance on all our immigration questions, this forum has been really helpful during all my past applications.

Currently I am planning to apply for my British Citizenship sometime this month as I have completed my 1 year from ILR. My question is regarding a Fixed Penalty Notice that I have received last year October (2010) for getting into a Bus Lane (Bus Lane Contravention), I was just given a FPN with a 30 pound fine which I paid promptly.

But in the month of September this year (2011) I had a parking fine (PCN) again which I paid promptly.

Do you think if any of the above would affect my application now or am I OK to go ahead.

Note: I had to attend court (for driving without insurance) way back in 2004 but was never convicted and didnt pay any fine or got any points on license as it was a mistake from the insurance company. Hope this will have no bearing on my application.

Thanks in advance.

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:32 pm

The guidance (and also NCS) asks you to confirm that you don't have 2 fiexed penalties or more in the last 12 months.
Not sure that the PCN counts as an FPN but in any case your FPN was given sometimes in October 2010 so it might be better to apply when you are 12 months clear of that one.

OldHsmp-JR
Newly Registered

Post by OldHsmp-JR » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:47 pm

Thanks Backer, I will only apply to end of this month which would cross 12 month period of the FPN.

Any second opinion on this please as I am not sure if the PCN will also count.

Thanks again.