ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wp+Tier1(but one year gap without salary,tax and NI). ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kumar_0178a
Newly Registered

wp+Tier1(but one year gap without salary,tax and NI). ILR?

Post by kumar_0178a » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi,

I want to know if for the five years before we are eligible for ILR, whether do we need to work and get salary (and pay tax and NI) for all the 5 year period?
Like example, if there was a year, where I had no job and did not pay any tax or NI , but for the last 15 months, I am getting good salary (better than initial application, thus scoring better points) and I am paying NI and TAX, will there be still a chance to submit the ILR application? (for the period where I had no job/salary I was not giving any NI or TAX). But, for that period where I was not having the job /salary, I was in the UK. Will this be a problem if I am seeking to apply for ILR, or should I now need to wait for the full 5 year period, where I was never out of a job for applying.

Please can you share your experience or let me know on this.

Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:24 pm

Please continue in your previous topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!