ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appointment In-person Application at PEO : Tier-1 extension

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

315cool
Newly Registered

Appointment In-person Application at PEO : Tier-1 extension

Post by 315cool » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:25 pm

For in-person application at PEO for Tier-1 extension, the appointment booking was made 45 days in advance. However, the available date of appointment is a day before current leave period, i.e. a day before visa expires.

Could someone guide whether -
(a) to wait till the scheduled appointment or
(b) opt for the postal application route to extend the visa, i.e. extension of leave to remain. Hesitating to go through this route to avoid documents getting misplaced
(c) what about processing the postal application through immigration lawyer ?

Cheers,

ajf773

Re: Appointment In-person Application at PEO : Tier-1 extens

Post by ajf773 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:29 pm

315cool wrote:For in-person application at PEO for Tier-1 extension, the appointment booking was made 45 days in advance. However, the available date of appointment is a day before current leave period, i.e. a day before visa expires.

Could someone guide whether -
(a) to wait till the scheduled appointment or
(b) opt for the postal application route to extend the visa, i.e. extension of leave to remain. Hesitating to go through this route to avoid documents getting misplaced
(c) what about processing the postal application through immigration lawyer ?

Cheers,
My advice is to take your appointment on the day you booked it as it falls within the period of existing leave... just hope for the best there are no unforeseen circumstances that prevent you from attending.

315cool
Newly Registered

Post by 315cool » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:27 pm

ajf773 wrote:
315cool wrote: My advice is to take your appointment on the day you booked it as it falls within the period of existing leave... just hope for the best there are no unforeseen circumstances that prevent you from attending.

Thanks ajf773 for your advice. The date of appointment is just a day before the expiry of current visa. The location offered is Glasgow. Considering the last year's winter and snowfall experience, I am concerned about it.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:04 pm

315cool wrote:what about processing the postal application through immigration lawyer ?
What's the advantage of this option? ... as compared to posting it on your own?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

315cool
Newly Registered

Post by 315cool » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:31 pm

Thank indeed. Your question appears very much valid.

My perspective is, as follows :
In case of, the in-person application the result would be known in reasonbly short time. Whereas, the postal application could be a long process. By the time result is available and if it is not positve, then there is no time left out to act. The only sort of possible relief I thought was that the lawyer will perhaps guide and try to guide on any shortfalls in the postal route application.

Please confirm/correct my understanding.

Cheers,