ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Proof of contact?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Destiny08
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - Proof of contact?

Post by Destiny08 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:19 am

Hi,
I'm going to be taking in documents relating to my spouse visa on monday to officially start the application.

I've included a lot of proof of relationship - plane tickets, photos etc, and I've taken screenshots of my email inbox from when I left the UK and my then fiance in May. we don't really...have contact any other way. we dont have the spare money to be spending on phonebills, and we both have pre-paid phones. internet here isnt great, and i dont have the extra bandwidth to be using on skype etc...
will screenies of my email inbox for the time I've been away be enough to prove we're in constant contact every day? (i have several emails from him every day.)

thanks in advance for any help :)

archipelago

Post by archipelago » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:30 pm

In which country are you applying? Some seem to be stricter than others. It may be enough if they feel the application is genuine.

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:35 pm

I think its a country thing, me and my hubby were apart for just over 3 months and all I showed were emails, there was 6 pages of them, I noted that we did keep in touch with skype but on different computers, otherwise we included lots of pictures and lots of tickets of our travel together

nadiii

Post by nadiii » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:09 pm

i think saying "we dont have the spare money to be spending on phonebills" will not be favourable in your case/application. if you cannot afford to phone each other how will they look upon your spouse supporting you when you arrive in the UK. If you can afford it then why didnt you phone each other or text each other. That is how they will look at it i think.

If you have alot of daily emails that could be enough on its own but a married/engaged couple would send the odd birthday/celebration card or written letter in 6/7 months apart. I think you will need more than just screenshots of emails.

Plane tickets and photos are not proof of a relationship but can be helpful. They will be more interested in your time apart and how you stayed in contact.

Destiny08
Newly Registered

Post by Destiny08 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:41 am

thats not something i'll say to them lol, but we recently had a baby and we're saving up to put a deposit down on our own apartment. so anything we dont have to spend, we wont.

I do have text messages, and proof of some phonecalls on my phone, but like I said, they're pre-paid. so i have no way of proving it without showing them my phone (which of course, i'll do if i get the chance)

i disagree. why would we send written letters/cards? we're both very into our technological stuff - we're both gamers. if the internet works so well, why try trusting south african post with not losing it - we've tried before and the letters/parcels have just gotten lost.

that said! i'm applying from South Africa. I have printed off several emails to show what KIND of correspondence we've had as well as screen shots from my inbox of all the emails we've sent since I left the UK.

Thanks for all the replies :) hopefully it'll be enough!