ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[resolved] Help regarding family visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pied_piper

[resolved] Help regarding family visitor visa

Post by pied_piper » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:05 pm

My spouse and I live in a two bed rented flat with our baby. We want to invite my parents in law and a sister in law to the U.K. My questions is:

Can this accomodation be considered sufficient for us all for the visa purposes, or is it better to book some hotel accomodation for them?
Last edited by pied_piper on Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:55 pm

Can somebody kindly advise about this, as I am running out of the time now.
Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:11 pm

pied_piper wrote:My spouse and I live in a two bed rented flat with our baby.
"Two bed" or "two bedroom"?

Two bed - book hotel accommodation.
Two bedroom - may not be considered sufficient to accommodate 5 adults, unless there is a living room which can accommodate an adult.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:33 am

Thanks very much sushdmehta. You came to rescue as always :) It is a rented flat with two double-bed big rooms and a big lounge.

Do I need something else apart from a copy of tenancy agreement, letting agent's report about flat, and the land lord's permission?

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:48 pm

An update for the forum members that my parents in law and a sister in law have been granted family vistor visas for six months.

The applications were submitted on 14th of November and they recieved the visa on 24th of November. The passports were stamped on 17th of November, merely three days after the submission.

I submitted the hotel reservation for two weeks along with the tenancy agreement documents stating that the flat would be sufficient to accomodate the guests in case of emergency though they would stay in the hotel.

Sushdmehta, I really want to thank you so much for your support and help. God bless you with the best of everything.