ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sac

Post by sac » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:22 am

0114 207 4074 - i got through within half a minute

scot
Newly Registered

hsmp extension

Post by scot » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:19 pm

hi guys, I just received the passports back.

Application posted: 05 Aug
Reference number received: 10 Aug (dated on 7 August)
Extension granted: 11 Sep (4 years)
Documents received: 15 Sep

Many thanks for this forum.

ameba
Newly Registered

Post by ameba » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:23 pm

Hi there guys!

I applied for an HSMP extension and sent my fiance's (she was in the UK on her own ECAA visa) docs to apply as dependent. For those interested, I supplied:

2 letters from the council with both our names on it (one 2 years ago and one a year ago)

3 water bills - both names on it

Since we have no joint bank accounts we each sent 3 statements as a proof of living on the same address for 2 years.

also sent some NHS letters and I think the TV license

Time lines:

Applications sent on 02/08/2006
Passports Received on 14/09/2006
We both got visas granted by Oct 2010.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

HSMP Extension

Post by iyanu » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:24 pm

My Extension will be due on 19 october 2006. I have recently just submitted my application with the following timelines:

Application sent: 9th September
Application received: 11th September
Payment (postal order) confirmed: 11th September
Reference no. received: 14th September

I am presently waiting! I believe it is gonna be okay by God's grace.

I'll keep you guys posted and Thank you all.
Last edited by iyanu on Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

darn
Newly Registered

Post by darn » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:10 pm

Hello, where I can find the urgent treatment form and do they really consider it?
And what number do I need to fax it ??/.thanks

KingSD
Newly Registered

Post by KingSD » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:17 pm

And a followup to Darn's question. Do they frown upon an Urgent Treatment being filed? The reason I ask is that I can't physically file earlier than 6 November, but I have to return to the States on 26 November for the holidays. Of course I would say that I have a business trip back to the states.

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:44 am

I am also waiting for my extension results and just being a li'l curious on when can I expect the result, I called up Home Office and asked them the status of my application and they told me that it is still not reflected into the system and hence means still in the queue. I asked them that I have a travel booked in the second week of October and hence need the passport before that and they said at this point in time they have a backlog and they are only considering the Urgent Treatment if there is some urgent business travel or some family bereavement...and i told them that it is a imp. family funcion for me. She said it cud be imp. for u but not a well enough reason for me but call us up before 2 weeks of ur travel date and inquire the status....
she said they have backlog and it cud take any sort of time which has put me into doubt for my travel which is extremely imp...i can wait till 3rd or 4th Oct and i have sent my application on 2nd Sep....i wish i don't have to face much trouble...i have sent a prepaid SD envelope so i will receive the docs next day...
please keep me posted on the timelines so that I can have the fair idea...i still think the application is on average taking 1 month (4 weeks)...anybody disagree????

KingSD
Newly Registered

Post by KingSD » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:46 pm

Ashekt, you can send a prepaid envelope to get your documents and passport back? Wow. I did not realize that.

I looked online and it seems that you can either buy a 5 pack of Special Delivery 9AM envelopes for £52.50 or a 5 pack of Special Delivery Next Day envelopes for £22.50.

Has anyone else done this? And does the Home Office use them? Or do they like to use their own items. I am a bit worried that 15 working business days is not enough time for them to process my documents.

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:22 pm

Yes you can send the envelope and it is also mentioned in the Guidance Booklet of the FLR (IED) and i did not purchased the envelopes which u r saying but just purchased 2 of them, one to send it and another for HO to return my docs. You just need to pay as per the weight of ur docs and i had to pay 7.40 for each. As they mention it in the guidance notes, i guess there is no doubts about it.
I am just worried as it has suddenly started taking too long now....they were pretty quick couple of months back....wish i receive my docs in time as I can't send the Urgent Treatment Form. I have a very imp. personal reason but that is not imp. for them for urgent treatment of my case.
Will keep this forum posted about the progress!!

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:37 am

Can any body help me out with my question...

I want to ask the procedure of filing the Urgent Treatment form for FLR (IED)...what all do they need...there is a possibility of me travelling to New York for a week for some business reasons in the first week of Oct, and my passport already have a multiple entry US Business Visa stamped.

What all are required as proof by Home Office to consider my case an 'Urgent'...if i fax the form, will that be enough??...they can look at my passport for the US Visa...I have still not got the tickets booked as I am not too sure when will my passport return.

darn
Newly Registered

Post by darn » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:40 am

Hi, as u said u had applied on 2nd sep and your visa is going to expire on last week of November, i think u will get your passport back on 14 or 15 of October,
Urgent treatment form will make difference it they consider it a genuine reason; the best way is just to fax it.

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:44 am

I will fax the form but then i have to be sure that they will consider it...all i want to know is what all papers (proof) do they require if when u submit the form or is the form itslef is OK...they can check the visa from my passport...

Anybody who has done that will know about it!!!

shez
Newly Registered

Please help, you would know the answer

Post by shez » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:47 pm

G'day all,

I am living and working in the UK since Jan 2006 on HSMP, the first year of the visa will expire on the 7th Dec 2006. I’ll be sending my and my wife’s passports for the extension along the documents including Passports, bank statements, home address proof, letter from work etc. I just wanted to ask you that when should I send the passports?? I have booked the holidays in the 2nd week of Nov 2006, can I send the passports toward the start of the 4th week of Nov 2006??? My visa expires on 7th Dec 2006 though? Please can anyone tell me from their experience if its possible and I should not have any issues?

darn
Newly Registered

Post by darn » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:44 am

application sent on 4th sep.
payment was taken on 7th eptember,
ref number taken by me on the phone because did not recieved in mail
called today and they suggested that now a days we are taking 8 weeks

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:23 pm

Can anybody tell me how can we know that the home office have accepted ur Urgent Treatment Request??
Do they call to confirm or do thay call or correspond to say that they have not accepted it....Anybody with any such experience...i m taking about the FLR application...

angel1241

Post by angel1241 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:44 pm

Hi,

Got my (+ my wife's & baby's) passports back today from HO - with the 4yrs stamp running till 2010.

Details as follows:-
22nd August Application sent
23rd August Payment debited (Credit Card)
26th August received the reference number
7th September - Sent the urgent treatment form - (reason my dad was having surgery back in Pakistan and I needed to be with him)
15th September - Called to know that my urgent treatment request has been accepted however, the work on my app hasn't started yet.
22nd September received the stammped passports.

A whole month from the day I sent the app. to the day I received it.

:arrow: Thanks to this forum for all the help & guidance.

hammer
Newly Registered

Post by hammer » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:26 pm

Hi,
Can any one please advice me on this?

I received my passport with FLR(IED) extension for next four years.

However, my sons middle name is Misspelled on the visa stamp? where as I am going to my home country with in 3 weeks now.

What should I do?
Does Home Office have any procedure for it to done it quickly.
What implications will it have ?

I thank you.

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:18 am

Hammer, Sorry to hear that...I have no idea with the kind of problem you are facing but I am sure somebody in the forum would definately help you out...

I would be grateful if you could please let me know your timelines as I am awaiting my FLR(IED) application results and have to travel urgently after 2 weeks....how long does it took for your application....

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:15 am

I have got my extension till 2010...received my passport today morning by SD... :lol:

I guess I have been a li'l lucky with this as a week back they said 9 weeks to me and I sent an Urgent Treatment Form on 20th Sep and the decision was made on 22nd Sep....it took just 20 days for my application...

carlito
Newly Registered

HSMP FLR processing time..

Post by carlito » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:15 am

Hello all,

i posted my FLR application for HSMP extension on Aug 16th,i got my reference no on 20th Aug. still i am waiting for my passport and documents. is there any delay in processing? any 1 waiting like this?

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:40 am

This link will answer all ur questions...

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... tions.html

ofmyown
Newly Registered

HSMP Extension time lines

Post by ofmyown » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:45 pm

My HSMP extension was recieved at home office on 12th Sept, 2006. I called them today but they said it is not yet even assigned to case worker and I have to fly back India during last week of october, 206 at any cost.

The recent announcement about delay in processing has really put me in difficult situation.

sac

Post by sac » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:28 pm

i suggest you don't take their estimates as the gospel truth because sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.
there are many cases on this thread to prove it.
booked travel is a fair case for an Urgent Treatment request. fax them the form and see what happens.
don't lose heart. i completely understand your tension, but have faith!

darn
Newly Registered

Post by darn » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:21 pm

:D RECIEVED MY PASSPORT BACK WITH 4 YEAR EXTENSION
HAD SENT ON 4TH SEPTEMBER

carlito
Newly Registered

Post by carlito » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:19 am

today i rang workpermits (UK) and they said still my details yet to be processed,now a days they take 9 weeks to process applications and i shoud be patient. :x

Application sent :15th Aug 2006

Reference no received on :20th Aug 2006

still waiting....!! i didt send any urgent treatment so far ..will it work? any suggestions?