ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Case and fees..illegal?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:07 pm

Morrisj wrote:oh gat it..Its Dereci and others vs Austria whatever that has got nothing to do with Ireland,doesnt mean Austria made a reference and b'cos of that member states should start misinterpreting Eu laws,they only have to wait and see if it favours the side of memberstates which is very clear it wont thats why other memberstates are not making any reference b'cos if it goes against Austr means only Austria will ve to bear the charges for breaching.Dnt ve a tie with ur arguments just the non eu/eu parent thingy
oh lord stop showing your absolute ignorance of the law. (ie the case having nothing to do with Ireland)If you are going to come out with such nonsense, please at least provide back up, because you are only making it up as you go along.

Where is the interpretation? Zambrano dealt with two non eu parents, it spoke of genuine deprivation of one's rights to stay with in the Union.
Deccie raises a novel situation, which, maybe if the courts had answered properly in Zambrano, there would be no need for Deccie

That is not the case if one of parent's are also from the EU. I envisage that any pro family decision in Deccie will simply look at the importance of uniting the family as per article 8 of echr and the charter, and will ignore the genuine risk of not being able to live in eu as espoused by zambrano.

Zambrano had nothing to do with Ireland. Yet the decision is clearly binding on all Member States, including Ireland. Something ye love to hammer home The same as Decci and any other preliminary reference case under Article 267 TFEU. You have just shown how ignorant people are about the importance of 267 TFEU type cases and how all Member States have an interest in the outcome of the case. However, the fact is, austria are not the only country who takes such a view, and the Commission and your pals Solvit have said little. So its unfair, until its declared by the courts, that there is a misinterpretation.

Article 267 TFEU brought by Austria, which other Member States will take a keen interest, is to ask for the Interpretation of Article 20 and 21 TFEU on situations, common to their country (and certainty common to some cases in Ireland) regarding the scope of Zambrano in cases which are factually different. McCarthy case for example slightly touched on the possibility of Zambrano like case applying to McCarthy if she was able to show that she could not genuinely exercise her EU rights in Europe.

Relevancy of Ireland, many people won't be effected by the result of Deccie one way or another. But some will, if it was dealt with tomorrow. That is all thats being pointed out. For now, people need not worry too much, until the first large batches of decisions come out. Again to emphaise, who many people, where one parent is an eu national and in their own state, have got any decision?

The point of the question is to see what the state are actually doing as oppose to what they are thinking about. of course. I clearly said the state can't do a wait and see approach - decisions must be given by the end of the year. As usual, you take it in a different way,go on the defensive, refuse to think in a rational matter and refuse to deal with what is actually said. And to put insult to injury, refuse to engage with any evidendence to support your contention.

this is was that case is asking, by the way. If i was a reader, i would not loose much sleep over it. there is nothing stopping ireland from saying yes, under domestic law. ( i previously heard that the department was interpreting zambrano to refuse residency on basis of zambrano if it was found that the parents and child had "voluntarily" left ireland in the past. is that true? - that at least sounds like a step too far)

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=ca ... OrFi8biEog

Muttsnuts

Re: Zambrano Case and fees..illegal?

Post by Muttsnuts » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:28 pm

walrusgumble wrote: 1. You can't comment on what the Member States did and did not intend when they decided to enact Directive 2004 /38 EC. This is because, as the Courts themselves consistently point out, the minutes and preparation documents are not published. Even the Courts don't pretend that they can or do. The interpretation given, comes solely from the Courts, themselves. They have no power to legislate. The fact that in the Zambrano case, a substantial number of States (ie States of genuine standing) and the COMMISSION itself argue against the applicant's clearly suggests that the view held by you is not one shared by the law makers. Going by what the Directive actually says, its clear what the directive deals with. The fact that another Member State, one not known to be entirely bad boys when it comes to Free movement, has put questions to the Court, regarding fees and what the Treaty and Directive would say, is another clear indication that is not a black and white matter. There is doubt, that is all that's being said.
I don't disagree that there is doubt on the consequences of Zambrano. From that point of view the judgement is a bad one as it does not go far enough to make clear who can rely on Zambrano and under what conditions. And yes, I don't have details of the preliminary views/minutes etc, but based on the preamble, notably part 4) referring to Citizenship as the fundamental status of the Union, I would say that the aim was clearly to make the 2004/38 Directive a "one stop shop" for the exercise of the freedom of movement. As is often the case, not every conceivable scenario was foreseen so we have subsequent cases that you mentioned. e.g. CHen, Metock, etc.

This is even seen in Irish domestic legislation where the Article 26 procedure is not used on potentially unconstitutional legislation as it is preferable to wait until some individual ends up in circumstances that infringe his/her constitutional rights and a constitutional challenge needs to be taken, this person's cirxumstances arising out of a set of circumstances that are not foreseen.
walrusgumble wrote: 2. The Fact that the Court in Zambrano said that that the Directive is NOT RELEVANT and refused to rule on that side of the argument, is also a similar conclusion in the Chen case, which considered similar Directives (now repealed by Directive 2004 but substantially containing the exact same provisions). You may have an argument in the Treaty itself, but not on this Directive. That is all that is being pointed out. So you are wrong.
I never said that Directive 2004/38 should have decided Zambrano. It is clear that the Directive did not apply. I've never said otherwise other than to say that ideally, this scenario perhaps should have been dealt with by the Directive (when they were drafting the Directive).
walrusgumble wrote: 3. Returning to what was and what was not intended, I put it to you that you may be wrong. There was plenty of cases before Directive 2004 (which came in 2006, and enacted before Chen) such as Chen case to suggest that the Member States had plenty of foresight to know what it was dealing with ie Non Nationals coming into a country taking advantage of laxed citizenship rules. (I don't in any way suggest anything sinster there). The Directive is crystal clear that unless there is actual movement, the matter maybe an internal issue. If its an internal issue, EU law don't apply. Zambrano , is a once off exception.

Secondly, cases like Baumbast, D'Hoop, Bidar concerned social welfare entitlements and student fees involving EU citizens, many of whom would in future, due to an increasing influx of immigration, come from third countries (again, I say nothing adverse). In 2004, (remember some of the cases came shortly before and after the directive,) the Directive dealt with over ruling these judgment in some (but not all instances)at Article 24(2) of the Directive. See Forster 2008 as an example.

So to say that Member States did not foresee these problems is arguably not well founded. Moreover, you speak of codifying previous legislation. You are correct, but the previous legislation did not deal with this either, and Chen, a case where the Child (who could not rely on legislation) had to, as a last gasp and last resort, had to rely upon the COURT's interpretation , however creative, on the Treaty Articles themselves.

The Member States could easily have enacted a Separate Directive to deal with your issues, because they fall outside Directive 2004 / 38 EC and previous. It had plenty of warning from Ireland. Chen after all was one of the few cases actually heard by the full composition of judges in the ECJ, and Ireland got a lot of stick from the Commission over the laws. It did not do so.
It's often happened that where a law has been said to be on dodgy ground such as the defence of "honest mistake" in statutory rape in Ireland. That law was flagged for years as potentialyl a problem prior to the "A" case but the Government ignored it. The fallout from Chen and other challenges flagging problems with the "purely internal situations" were red flags to the Member States and the EU but as per usual, a wait and see approach was adopted, hence we have Zambrano and the problems with its' implementation (also due to lack of dicussion in the Zambrano ruling itself though).
walrusgumble wrote: You are advocating a stance that the Directive 2004/38 EC does not purport and a stance that the Court themselves don't accept. And you are saying I am wrong? Point out the legal basis for such a contention.

The fact that Zambrano argued on the Treaty does not equate that Directive is now to be interpreted in the way you suggests. There are many other Directives out there. (well, in this case, not really) The Court specifically and expressly ruled out Directive 2004 / 38 EC. It applied the Treaty itself as a stand alone basis. For you to suggest what you have said, would suggest a lack of understanding of the nuances of law. (I am not trying to have a go at you)
Once again, I am not saying that the Directive supports Zambrano, it does not. If you read my post I confirmed that Zambrano was based on the TFEU. What I said was that I was of the view that this type of scenario should have been dealt with in the Directive.

As for you not trying to have a go at me....I respectfully suggest that you are but that's ok, maybe that's your thing. I can take it.
walrusgumble wrote: 3. No one is saying Zambrano rules out anything. I was responding to a posters reference to the Directive, and pointing out that that Directive, as per the case itself, is irrelevant. Its the Treaty Article itself that is relevant.
That's what I said. Don't see the disagreement there.
walrusgumble wrote: 4. To say Zambrano is legally obvious as oppose to politically or morally (which you might be right) is nonsense. There was no legal basis, as per the precedent of the Courts itself or Treaty to go that far. The Advocate General's Opinion was a political one and not legal. A political one, that clearly was not supported by the Member States and COMMISSION who made submissions at the hearing. However, at least it was a decent explanation that would have given some credibility of the Court actually addressed the issue and ruled in favour. There is an understanding as per Chalmers, that when a Court makes no reference to Advocate General's comments on a issue, it indicates that it ignores or rejects their contention. By the way, this notion that Courts nearly always agrees with Advocate General is entirely bollox and completely unfounded, something academics are realistizing. People who say that actually clearly never reading both, and simply presume just because both read to the same conclusion. That in law is an entirely unsatisfactory response, its the reasoning, from a legal perspective that counts.

The major criticism in The Courts decision, is not per se the actual decision, but the complete lack of expressed reasoning and failure to deal with issues raised by the Advocate General. It suggests that the AG completely wasted her time and giving an interesting account of her view.
I agree that at the time, perhaps a Zambrano type scenario was not obvious but in hindsight I think it clearly was. It possibly did not come up until now as countries were not inclined to deport their own citizens, no matter how they obtained the passport of that State. Normally, Zambrano type scenarios were dealt with by national law but it was conceivable that someone might, as a last throw of the dice attempt to argue a legal point based on EU Law. The greatest legal minds in Europe should have seen it coming is all I'm saying.

I agree with your sentiments on the lack of detail and discussion in relation to Zambrano itself. It is of no help to formulate and state a bald rule without elucidating on the details of same.
walrusgumble wrote: Again, for Zambrano, I don't expect that you will appreciate this, because it does not, for one iota, affect you or others, and ye have genuine self interests that it does not.
Presumptuous. I have no personal interest in the Zambrano case other than curiosity.
walrusgumble wrote: 5. The Court made no comment whatsoever, that Zambrano type cases fall under the Directive. The Court clearly said it did not. So too, did the AG. In McCarthy the Court said that even adults who are in a better position than a child to exercise rights, don't fall within the Directive if they don't comply with it. The Directive is irrelevant. It is the Treaty Article itself that is relevant. The Treaty Article, as a stand alone provision, which would make any reference to any Directive or Regulation irrelevant.

Zambrano does not in any way effect the application and interpretation of Directive 2004. To suggest such,is ignorant of law. I am now calling on you to cite the explicit quotes from Zambrano and subsequent (and relevant cases) that supports your contention.
AGAIN, I have not suggested that Zambrano involves the application of Directive 2004/38 in ANY WAY. It was based on Article 20 of the TFEU. That's what I said in all of my posts on this subject.
walrusgumble wrote: 6. Regarding Ireland and your argument, you have completely misinterpreted what I have said. I made the distinction of where both parents are non Irish / Non EU parents (like Zambrano) and the cases where at least one parent is in fact an EU citizen. There is questions coming from the Department about this, and it will be interesting what the department do while Deccie case is being considered, because, the department can not delay 1-2 years while that case goes through the CJEU. It was also a comment made by our own Courts previously, as it was influenced by McCarthy (though that was an adults case)

In the cases involving where one parent is an EU national, how many posters here, have got a decision yet, and how many have succeeded?

I had mentioned the case where both parents are non eu but one had legal status, what happens then (after all, one of the parents can stay - thus not like Zambrano) it appears, from what I have heard from friends, that Zambrano applies regardless.

The issues regarding splitting, clearly shows that you did not read or understand what I said. At no time have I ever said that that would hurt. At worse, I said, it was an issue that the Minister is looking at. In my previous posts on other threads I have clearly pointed out that as seen in the IBC cases, that that issue is irrelevant, and thus, you are correct.

However, in all cases, and this is what I was getting at here; it is not relevant if parents like each other or are with each other. What is relevant is the question of whether the parent at risk, normally the father, is playing a role in the child's life. Zambrano itself actually talks about "carer". Fathers can show that as per Article 8 ECHR, that he does play a role, without relationship with mother. You are making an argument that I never raised. I hope this confirms that.

The question in Zambrano type cases, where one parent is a eu citizen and the other is not, as per Deccie, asks about whether the child is genuinely dependent on the non eu parent, who may have no right under eu law(eg can't rely on relationship with eu mother and can't work in eu until he gets rights via child . That I don't have an answer for, because I believe that dependence is more than financial. The Spirit of this in EU law is quite. I won't be surprised that Deccie will favour the parent on this and rely on ECHR to do so. At the same time, I won't be too surprised if they rule against

Again. what you said regarding Ireland is correct, but I never said anything about that.
You made a comment referring to whether Zambrano applies "in general" and you suggested that there's a question as to whether it applies only to situations "where both parents are non-EU". In response, I told you that the INIS are appling Zambrano liberally and in the circumstances I mentioned. It's not an argument I'm raising, you mentioned it first and I addressed it with a statement of fact.
walrusgumble wrote: 7. I also responded to the nonsense that the fee, assuming that it was correct to apply if EU law is not relevant ( I say if. I don't say that this fee is legal, I have doubts) would be an obstacle. The reasoning was, if the fee is legal, (again, remember, I have only responded to the reasoning of others, which I do not agreeing with ie invocation of the Directive, not the result) then how come so many came up with the money under the domestic ibc schme and were able to , rightly, afford lawyers to go to the high court to deal with bode and dimbo?
Ever hear of no foal no fee. Plenty of solicitors would take such a case based on this arrangement.
walrusgumble wrote: You don't address that (but to be fair, you simply say that this fee is illegal, you might be correct - but remember i am only critical of the reasoning given - zambrano says nothing and others wrongly talk about the directive)
Don't believe I said anything about whether the fee is illegal. As it stands, the fee is definitely legal. Whether it constitutes a barrier to free movement is debatable given that its' only €150. Again this is a scenario that has to be teased out.

Fair enough, the work permit holder here for 3 years having an Irish child should be able to afford €150 if he's been working but what's the scenario if he lost his job and has been unemployed for 6 months prior to the birth? He has no access to social welfare and can;t get a job in the current climate. €150 to him is a large sum but he clearly qualifies under Zambrano. The real question is if there is anyone with a hard enough neck to risk a high court costs order against them over the sum of €150! 99.99999% of people will scrimp and save to get the €150 as the reward for doing so is worth more than ten times this sum.

To round this all off and to anser the OP's question, while there is a question to be asked as to the validity of this charge, I don't see it getting challenged in court. Too much risk for the sake of €150!

ZambranoCase
Newly Registered

Post by ZambranoCase » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:14 pm

@ Walrus you said

Relevancy of Ireland, many people won't be effected by the result of Deccie one way or another. But some will, if it was dealt with tomorrow. That is all thats being pointed out. For now, people need not worry too much, until the first large batches of decisions come out. Again to emphaise, who many people, where one parent is an eu national and in their own state, have got any decision?

I just will like to bring your attention to :

http://www.hoc.ie/nigerian-mother-of-ir ... -republic/

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 79701.html

http://www.brophysolicitors.ie/news/pos ... URLEY.aspx

Based on Caroline Hurley's case, the Irish immigration cannot therefore deny people on the basis that one parent is EU and the other isnt...what are your thoughts on this? :?
Last edited by ZambranoCase on Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Morrisj
- thin ice -

Post by Morrisj » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:15 pm

@wals i dont blame u,u r jobless thats y u sit allday typing shit, linking the non eu/eu parent issue with dereci(not deccie) was just a question or you been smart?what has Austria interpretation gat to do with Ireland u dumb shit,The case of Hauley made a mistake earlier usin crawley,they were irish/non eu or should i say white Irish to suit u better?they had a daugther Abigail,still the non eu parent was threatned with deportation until Zambrano ruling came out and they were granted 3years
We are nothing but like pencil in the hands of our creator God Almighty

Morrisj
- thin ice -

Post by Morrisj » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:27 pm

the way u put words portrays the real you, ..memberstates will take a keen view?the word will,sound as if u cant wait for that to happen but lemme be honest wiv u,a memberstate with a right mind just like Ireland and Uk are doing will not take such a keen view on the reference made by Austria instead they have better and genuine clarification to be referred to ECJ
tho 150 is not a serious issue but what about people who genuinely dnt have it?their right to work was denied in the 1st place.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:37 am

Morrisj wrote:@wals i dont blame u,u r jobless thats y u sit allday typing shit, linking the non eu/eu parent issue with dereci(not deccie) was just a question or you been smart?what has Austria interpretation gat to do with Ireland u dumb shit,The case of Hauley made a mistake earlier usin crawley,they were irish/non eu or should i say white Irish to suit u better?they had a daugther Abigail,still the non eu parent was threatned with deportation until Zambrano ruling came out and they were granted 3years
Please guys lets try and be civil and respectful to each other, and remember that we are here to help each other in anyway we can and not to antagonise or incite discord.

In future, i shall be editing offensive languages from posts. If it persist, i shall either close the thread, or consider following consultation, whether to ban individuals or put them on thin ice.

This warning applies to everyone on this thread.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

walrusgumble
BANNED

Re: Zambrano Case and fees..illegal?

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:21 am

Muttsnuts wrote:
I don't disagree that there is doubt on the consequences of Zambrano. From that point of view the judgement is a bad one as it does not go far enough to make clear who can rely on Zambrano and under what conditions. And yes, I don't have details of the preliminary views/minutes etc, but based on the preamble, notably part 4) referring to Citizenship as the fundamental status of the Union, I would say that the aim was clearly to make the 2004/38 Directive a "one stop shop" for the exercise of the freedom of movement. As is often the case, not every conceivable scenario was foreseen so we have subsequent cases that you mentioned. e.g. CHen, Metock, etc.

A 12 year old would have grasps this issue alot faster. The premable also clearly speaks of the requirement to move to another country. The Zambrano case itself, whether the AG or Court, considered that very Directive (its provisions and preamble), they ruled that the Directive does not apply - A matter which was made clear.

A preamble of any piece of legislation is not binding, it is what is contained in the Articles that count. Everything in the preamble is clearly dealt with in the Directive. If anyone knew nothing about the Directive, the only real provisions that they need to know as to whether they apply or not (lets ignore the registration/permission to entry and the exclusion order provisions for one second) is Articles 2,3,6 and 7. If you don't meet them, you can't rely on the Directive. What part of that do you not understand. You are really going nowhere with that line of argument. The Courts have constantly confirmed this, whether it was the Directive itself or its previous legislation. That is why so many had to turn to the Treaty provision itself.

As far as the Directive itself is concerned, the Directive only applies when there is actual movement to another State. That phrase you used (which is used to justify Article 20 and 21 TFEU as a stand alone remedy), has applied as only a last ditch saver when all other laws of the EU fail to assist those like Zambrano. The limits of the phrase and Article 20 and 21 are clear in cases like McCarthy (which merely confirms previous cases in the Jacquet case of 1997) However, with regard to McCarthy, if there is the slightest indication of free movement like Carpenter or actual dangers as oppose to potential dangers (something the Court in McCarthy accepted) then EU law applies.

Chen case was a once off, that was rarely cited by applicants due to its limitation ie (1) It required residence in another EU state other than the child's citizenship of birth (2) More importantly, the parents must be financially self sufficient. Chen greatly differs to Zambrano (but has influenced it) as Zambrano concerns the right to live in Country of one's citizenship and it would make sense that the courts drop all requirement of self sufficiency in Zambrano. It does not over rule Chen however.

Your use of Metock in a case that concerns Zambrano type cases, also highlights either utter ignorance of logical legal discussion or a clear desperation to grasp onto ideas of others you clearly don't understand, despite the case law, you purport to have read has clearly suggested other wise. Metock actually concerns the Directive (Zambrano does not) there was actual movement to another state, (Zambrano don't)

Muttsnuts wrote:
This is even seen in Irish domestic legislation where the Article 26 procedure is not used on potentially unconstitutional legislation as it is preferable to wait until some individual ends up in circumstances that infringe his/her constitutional rights and a constitutional challenge needs to be taken, this person's cirxumstances arising out of a set of circumstances that are not foreseen.
There is very good reason for not using Article 26 so much.

First, there is an inherent danger and inadequacy of Article 26 procedure. Within 60 days the courts are asked to deal with hypothetical questions (which would be more easily dealt with by the applicant) second, more importantly, if the legislation is Constitutional, it can never be challenged again. It would be better to let ordinary applicants go to court if they are affected as they maybe able to present a better case. (something that you have mentioned)

Thirdly, under domestic law, the courts give a wide margin of appreciation to the minister. This, like social welfare or socio economic rights, is an area that is always changing as so long as the Minister acts within fair procedures and legislation, the court may not intervene. So that gets rid of the notion that something is Unconstitutional. By the way, the Irish Courts have always said, when EU law does not apply, no non Irish national has a god given right to live here. Alan Shatter complained bitterly about the level of Ministerial discretion provided to by legislation, while in Opposition. Will he change that , now that he is Minister? I highly doubt it.

Modern Immigration legislation has only being struck down as Unconstitutional in very few cases ie when the Act did not contain proper guidelines for Minister's discretion ie Laurentiu 1999. What makes you think that you will actually find a finding of Unconstitutionality in the substance of the legislation in the first place?

One of the most controversial piece of legislation - Immigrants Act of 2000 was upheld by an Article 26 by the Supreme Court in 1999! (so that theory of yours goes straight out the widow.)
Muttsnuts wrote: I never said that Directive 2004/38 should have decided Zambrano. It is clear that the Directive did not apply. I've never said otherwise other than to say that ideally, this scenario perhaps should have been dealt with by the Directive (when they were drafting the Directive).
No you did not. But I never said that you did. You said, despite I making it clear (by citing Zambrano as one example - you never cited anything bar your mere opinion) that Directive contains a spirit that cases like Zambrano should be able to avail of the Directive. "Ideally" is not good enough for a discussion. You have pointed out that my detailed post was wrong, despite showing my sources. It is now clear that you are making up the law as you go along and expressing opinion. At this point, I should not be wasting my time with you. The only reason that I will continue to respond is simply to respond to erroneous interpretations of the law.
Muttsnuts wrote: It's often happened that where a law has been said to be on dodgy ground such as the defence of "honest mistake" in statutory rape in Ireland. That law was flagged for years as potentialyl a problem prior to the "A" case but the Government ignored it. The fallout from Chen and other challenges flagging problems with the "purely internal situations" were red flags to the Member States and the EU but as per usual, a wait and see approach was adopted, hence we have Zambrano and the problems with its' implementation (also due to lack of dicussion in the Zambrano ruling itself though).
Cite the EU law and Case law that supports your contention. I put it to you that you are speculating. You are also completely trying to shift goals here.

Unlike the Irish example that you pathetically provide, EU law provides wide and general principles and policies. It has be to mindful of its Treaty Provision that it must not overstep the limits of its powers (Article 5 TEU) Europe has clear realization of the trend of movement into the Union for since 2000. It has actually commented on it before 2004. The Irish example was not only a piece of legislation dating over 60 years (a time when attitudes were different) but it was also specific. As for the A case, that case primarily concerned the effect of a finding of Constitutionality - unlike the C case, the A case actually could never have relied upon the defense as he admitted guilt.It had nothing to do with whether the act was unconstitutional, that was already confirmed in the C case.

Moreover, there would be many people out there, if asked tomorrow via referendum, that would seek to over rule that judgment. (I would vote in favour of upholding C case) Those were issues that had concern even in 1935. It was decided then, not simply to ignore it but to deter men from getting involved with girls of a questionable age and making sure that they knew. Bear in mind, sex before marriage was a "moral sin" back then, and such attitudes , though less influential, continued even up the the 1980's! (well at least when the unmarried woman became pregnant)

The Internal issue, at least you talk some sense. But, you can't legislate on that (read Article 5 TEU). The legislation is clear. The words require movement. Its not the legislators (ie Member States) fault when the COURTS decide that it too wants to be a law maker, and interpret the legislation with the facts of a case and completely ignore the internal issue, which the Member States clearly said, was a non runner. The fact that Member States have argued against this in Court, and the fact that the COMMISSION said no, clearly shows that the attitude of the Courts does not match the people who actually legislate. Hopefully, from a legal and certainty point of view, McCarthy puts a halt to this unprincipled judicial creativity.

Chen, at least, actually concerned a person of a different citizenship who went to live or was born in an area that was not the country of citizenship. There was at least some movement. The criticism is how she got it . The criticism is not directed at the Court by the way.
Muttsnuts wrote: Once again, I am not saying that the Directive supports Zambrano, it does not. If you read my post I confirmed that Zambrano was based on the TFEU. What I said was that I was of the view that this type of scenario should have been dealt with in the Directive.

As for you not trying to have a go at me....I respectfully suggest that you are but that's ok, maybe that's your thing. I can take it. [ /quote]

You are clearly saying that "that this type of scenario" ie Zambrano "should" have been dealt with in the Directive.

Why? The EU clearly does not want baby boom tourism. More to the point, bar the Court, all the rest of the Institutions and many of the Significant Member States actually did not accept that Zambrano type cases apply, because it would infringe a State's right to deal with its citizens. Despite the lofty notions of EU citizenship being a fundamental....... it clearly has not being taken seriously by member states (something academics note) and that is especially so when it effects their interests. That phrase by the way only talks about WHEN EU LAW ACTUALLY APPLIES. No State of self worth (Belgium i exclude) would truly tolerate such an interpretation to apply in Non EU areas. The somewhat harmless (when you consider Lisbon) Constitution Treaty Referendum refusals in France and Holland suggest this.

[
Muttsnuts wrote: Ever hear of no foal no fee. Plenty of solicitors would take such a case based on this arrangement.

That still does not mean that Solicitors don't catch them for some "administrative" fee to cover basic expenses such as stamp duty etc. You think, particularly in this day and age, when its clear what the domestic courts view immigration laws, that lawyers are doing it completely free, you are off your rocker.

They also don't get free service for the making of the applications themselves, which are later refused.

The example you gave does not answer the ability to pay or borrow for legit fees in order to 1st register. Long before a job is got.

Your example, the work permit holder was required to be here only for so long as there was work available. There is nothing on the card that guarantees him a right to stay forever. If he has a child, that is a new ground to stay. Not our problem about his problems, our country has its own problems and like any other country, its expected to look after its own. €150 is not exactly a burden, it is achievable (there are far more advantages than burdens - ie social welfare - fair enough - and same access to jobs). And it clearly has being achievable.

Fair point about the Courts, though
Last edited by walrusgumble on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:29 am

Morrisj wrote:@wals i dont blame u,u r jobless thats y u sit allday typing shit, linking the non eu/eu parent issue with dereci(not deccie) was just a question or you been smart?what has Austria interpretation gat to do with Ireland u dumb shit,The case of Hauley made a mistake earlier usin crawley,they were irish/non eu or should i say white Irish to suit u better?they had a daugther Abigail,still the non eu parent was threatned with deportation until Zambrano ruling came out and they were granted 3years
1. I am far from being jobless. I will never have difficulties in getting a job. I have my own business and I dictate what I can and can not do (well, consumers. When you spend alot of your time travelling on trains and planes, you can't always be reading papers! Sadly, I wished I did not bother. I would have more success in discussing with the dog next to me, than you, but at least other readers will take heed to the context of the discussion.

2. Conveniently, you attack the man and not the ball. You show, at times, absolute ignorance of the laws that you purport that you know yet fail to support your contention, yet feel you have the capability to crap on other posts who provide detail and substance, simply because, it suggests that one's rights might be threatened. Worse, you proceed despite the fact that you are left with nothing to say when corrected. You also show the capacity of your people as to why there is so much hostility towards your people in this country. You don't like home truths and get pissy when the truth is put to you, and actually supported by evidence.

3. The fact that you are asking what the Austrian case has got to do with Ireland, and I'm a dumb shit? Do you like embarrassing yourself?

Listen you ignorant prat, if you incapable of dealing with basic principles, maybe you should go back to the rock that you came from .No body wants your sort in this country (ie ignorant, self serving and righteous, and ridiculous self righteousness) , and you will never achieve anything here with that attitude, no matter how you protest self serving victimization trite.

If you can't enter a debate, when valid, proven and sourced facts are pointed to you, or if you are not able to deal with valid criticisms of your posts which you felt the need to comment on mine, then don't comment, or at least don't address them the manner that you do, as you are far from knowledgeable on the laws. Ye lot tried this shite with me before, and ye got egg on yer face when ye were proven wrong. I would suggest that you know stop while your ahead.

However, if you are intelligent, that is a different story, one hopes that you do well and that everyone helps you, including my self (que self righteous, "i don't need..........."

go and research why its relevant. I have given you a pointer. Go and understand what Article 267 TFEU means and its purpose.

Like it or not, I am 100% correct on my its relevant to Ireland and to all States. Even case like Metock confirm the importance of Preliminary References (old 230 EC now 267 TFEU)

4. I have lost what you are ranting about thereafter.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:17 pm

ZambranoCase wrote:@ Walrus you said

I just will like to bring your attention to :

http://www.hoc.ie/nigerian-mother-of-ir ... -republic/

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 79701.html

http://www.brophysolicitors.ie/news/pos ... URLEY.aspx

Based on Caroline Hurley's case, the Irish immigration cannot therefore deny people on the basis that one parent is EU and the other isnt...what are your thoughts on this? :?
Thanks for that

I had simply asked, for examples, because the Department have being giving different signals on what it will actually do.

Do you know if this status was granted under EU Stamp 4 or normal Stamp 4? If its the latter, it completely craps on the other poster's comments, as Decrie could still rule in favour of state, but still not effect parents.

Those cases where high profile cases, so that does not guarantee that others in the departmental will do the right thing for other cases. What has being the position of other posters here?

Morrisj
- thin ice -

Post by Morrisj » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:08 pm

@wals thanks am ignorant,self righteous e.t.c as u said but one thing i know and am sure of is no1 should judge except God perharps i know what you are thinking,am either an asylum seeker or illegal foreigner cos u hate such declining to talk about illegal Irish in America,now tell me who is acting self righteousness here u or me?anyways you are wrong,cos my records are clean in both Ireland&Nigeria,my records are clean so i can as well visit the Uk,U.s.a,Sweden again when i have the money and time Mr wal

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:31 pm

Morrisj wrote:@wals thanks am ignorant,self righteous e.t.c as u said but one thing i know and am sure of is no1 should judge except God perharps i know what you are thinking,am either an asylum seeker or illegal foreigner cos u hate such declining to talk about illegal Irish in America,now tell me who is acting self righteousness here u or me?anyways you are wrong,cos my records are clean in both Ireland&Nigeria,my records are clean so i can as well visit the Uk,U.s.a,Sweden again when i have the money and time Mr wal
1. There is no god, just a figment of one's imagination.

2. I have never ever ever, denied the issue of Illegal Irish. I have never refused to discuss it. You won't find a post on this site to say the contrary. I have always addressed that issue with anyone who raises it up. Even the people who really dislike me, will accept, unless they are born liars, that I have always being happy to address the issue.

3. The issue of illegal Irish is always raised as a last gasp last resort ammunition when all their other arguments were assessed and some getting completely twarted It has become an absolute straw man argument. It in no way assists your argument. You are clutching at straws. leave it alone, because you are going into a discussion very few immigrants are capable of getting out of with any credibility.

4. The US and Australia could not give a fiddlers how Ireland treats others, so long as their people get preferential treatment in this country. If it was not for the work of the Illegal Irish Immigrant Groups in America and their strong connections with big time politicians (they used each other) , other Illegal Immigrants would have GOT NO WHERE in seeking amnesties etc.

I make no bones about the illegal Irish, they should not be there in another country, illegally. They should have been here, in Ireland during the boom. (Just remember, for those on permits dying to get a dig in on this, if this had occurred, so many would never have got into Ireland legally)

5. There are major differences between illegal Irish and failed asylum seekers. The former never went off and lied about their country. (I actually don't include the small number whose case was factually acceptable but did not meet the strict criteria of asylum). That does not make it alright, of course. If America can't control its influx that is there problem. We can and should. You should really ask the question of why is it perceived that illegal Irish get a lenient time than say the Mexicans etc.

6.Here is a tip for you, when you make a comment, back it up. You will find previous posts dealing with this. I am repeating my self.

7. I will never get this question answered, but ask yourself, who does your country deal with people of other nationalities, most especially illegals. Ireland has in fact being reasonable to illegals. IBC Scheme is an excellent example. It had no obligation to do it. It has a lazidazical enforcement of deportation order, thus letting other side step this by a new found interest in family life. (that is by accident)
Last edited by walrusgumble on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Morrisj
- thin ice -

Post by Morrisj » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:33 pm

@wals U seriously need to get it out from ur head that ur ''type'' as an Irish is more superior than the Asians,Africans and people from the middle east.Why dont you go to Ecj and start a war with them,maybe you can help pass the clarification i really need,perharps ur last reply to the id user-zambranocase contradicts what you said previously about Doj,eu/non eu parent,Dereci,i hope u dont go back editing words or done that already?cos thats what u do when u get hit by a point heavier than M.Ali's punch

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:50 pm

Morrisj wrote:@wals U seriously need to get it out from ur head that ur ''type'' as an Irish is more superior than the Asians,Africans and people from the middle east.Why dont you go to Ecj and start a war with them,maybe you can help pass the clarification i really need,perharps ur last reply to the id user-zambranocase contradicts what you said previously about Doj,eu/non eu parent,Dereci,i hope u dont go back editing words or done that already?cos thats what u do when u get hit by a point heavier than M.Ali's punch
Were did you get the notion that I have suggested Irish are superior.? Coming down with the seasonal persecution complex are we?

Is this another post where you draw conclusions that are not already there?

I am dealing with someone I consider a clown because of the nonsense that he is typing. For all I know your Irish. I have a genuine knowledge in Irish and EU law, that is it. You persist trying to counter argue what I am saying. I respond and back it up, you continue to fight on the issue, with no back up. You waste people's time. If you bothered to educate your self you will see you are wrong. If this was in public you would be naturally dying of embarrassment by now. .

Speaking of which, the continents you mentioned are not exactly the leaders of equality of its own people, never mind how it itself treats its neighbors.

",i hope u dont go back editing words or done that already?cos thats what u do when u get hit by a point heavier than M.Ali's punch"

What are you insinuating by that? Editing words? Care to explain yourself. Yes i edit, because it initially comes out muddled or words are badly spelt.

so what?. Unlike you and most posters on this boards, i try to reply to every issue raised by posters who respond to my comments.

This another allegation thrown without any foundation. You seem to be a natural at doing that.

The last line, is an absolute joke. If i had to deal with the mentality of the likes of yours (strictly going by what you say on this board and no more), It's effortless to beat off anything you have to say.

The major difference is, when I am wrong, I have the humanity to publicly type and accept that fact.

Nice to see that you completely ignore what was said in my last post.
As for Zambrano case's helpful intervention. I, in my first post, asked for information on this, I was simply explaining what the state where thinking. I have clearly given my view as to what I think would happen in Dercei. When I asked for that information, some other clown got defensive for no good reason

Zambrano , I will be grateful if you could tell us more about the cases ie what basis was the status given, eu fam or domestic (the whole point of the topic)

Morrisj
- thin ice -

Post by Morrisj » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:03 pm

well am glad cos even if when i sometimes cant put up link to back my statement,joy comes into my heart to see other posters putting up the link means they understand what am saying unlike u,anyways u dont believe theres God,now i know the reason behind ur arguments and ur kind of person,well i have myself to blame.keep the arguments to urself,you won.U said you prefer discussing with ur dog than me pls do cos theres a big similarity with you &your lovely dog.Best nobel prize to yous congratulations bye

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:12 pm

I believe Zambranocase's question has been answered to an acceptable level, within out limited ability and expertise.

This thread is facing a downward spiral, in light of this, and the fact that continued offensive posting is not in anyone's interest, i believe this thread should be closed.

It is arguable that anyone can add more than what has been said.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors