ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application after getting CON

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

churchholigan

Passport application after getting CON

Post by churchholigan » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:52 pm

Hi all. I was going to put this question in Citizenship Timeline Tracker but I guess it is not really related to it so I thought I should make a new topic for this.

I should be getting my CON sometime coming month or two because I just got my approval letter last week. I read the requirement to apply for Irish passport in Department of Foriegn affair website as following:

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=84782

******With a view to preventing identity theft and the circulation of falsified passports, additional safeguards are being introduced into the passport application procedure for adult first time applicants and for those adults seeking to replace a lost/stolen passport. With effect from 17 January 2011, adult applicants in these categories will be required to submit the following additional evidence in support of their passport application:

a completed and suitably witnessed passport application form and four photographs, two of which must be signed and stamped by an approved witness; and
the long form birth certificate of the applicant and a civil marriage certificate, if appropriate, and evidence of entitlement to Irish citizenship ,where applicable;
additional form of photo-identification; e.g. drivers licence, work ID; student card; social club membership; passport from other country etc.;
documentary evidence to show use of name, e.g. payslips; records of unemployment or disability payment; bank statement; college registration etc.;
evidence of residency at the application address, e.g. utility bills; official correspondence from public or private sector etc.

The above-mentioned should be submitted in original format.

In addition, applicants may also be required to provide further information and/or attend for interview at one of the Department’s offices. **********

It said "The above-mentioned should be submitted in original format". Does it mean that I have to give them my actual CON when I am applying in the post office or they will make a photocopy of my CON before the Anpost send off my application? Also, my original birth certificate is not in English and I had it translated into English and gave the official translated copy to INIS 4 years ago when I was applying for Naturalisation. I only had a scanned copy of official translated copy. Will the passport office accept a printout of it? Anyone has any idea? Thankx

dublintogalway

Re: Passport application after getting CON

Post by dublintogalway » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:43 pm

Hi,
u will need to submit original CON and anpost will not take photocopy of it..
i also did not have my original translation but my printout for scanned copy was not accepted as it was rejected because it did not look original.
I eventually forwarded the original email from translation company to passport office while talking on phone to the lady who had sent me letter for this issue.

cheers

churchholigan wrote:Hi all. I was going to put this question in Citizenship Timeline Tracker but I guess it is not really related to it so I thought I should make a new topic for this.

I should be getting my CON sometime coming month or two because I just got my approval letter last week. I read the requirement to apply for Irish passport in Department of Foriegn affair website as following:

******With a view to preventing identity theft and the circulation of falsified passports, additional safeguards are being introduced into the passport application procedure for adult first time applicants and for those adults seeking to replace a lost/stolen passport. With effect from 17 January 2011, adult applicants in these categories will be required to submit the following additional evidence in support of their passport application:

a completed and suitably witnessed passport application form and four photographs, two of which must be signed and stamped by an approved witness; and
the long form birth certificate of the applicant and a civil marriage certificate, if appropriate, and evidence of entitlement to Irish citizenship ,where applicable;
additional form of photo-identification; e.g. drivers licence, work ID; student card; social club membership; passport from other country etc.;
documentary evidence to show use of name, e.g. payslips; records of unemployment or disability payment; bank statement; college registration etc.;
evidence of residency at the application address, e.g. utility bills; official correspondence from public or private sector etc.

In addition, applicants may also be required to provide further information and/or attend for interview at one of the Department’s offices. **********

It said "The above-mentioned should be submitted in original format". Does it mean that I have to give them my actual CON when I am applying in the post office or they will make a photocopy of my CON before the Anpost send off my application? Also, my original birth certificate is not in English and I had it translated into English and gave the official translated copy to INIS 4 years ago when I was applying for Naturalisation. I only had a scanned copy of official translated copy. Will the passport office accept a printout of it? Anyone has any idea? Thankx

churchholigan

Re: Passport application after getting CON

Post by churchholigan » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:56 pm

dublintogalway wrote:Hi,
u will need to submit original CON and anpost will not take photocopy of it..
i also did not have my original translation but my printout for scanned copy was not accepted as it was rejected because it did not look original.
I eventually forwarded the original email from translation company to passport office while talking on phone to the lady who had sent me letter for this issue.

cheers
churchholigan wrote:Hi all. I was going to put this question in Citizenship Timeline Tracker but I guess it is not really related to it so I thought I should make a new topic for this.

I have two foreign passports (Canadian and British National Oversea). Will they accept this instead of translated Birth Cert?

Also, what about photo-identification? Do I have to give them my actual driver licence or passport??? What did you do with photo-identification?

Thx for the information.

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:15 pm

No they would not accept Passport instead of Birth Cert, if you don't have Birth Cert then try to make a new one you have more than one month to apply for Passport.
Send all the Original Documents they would send you back every thing.
We sent them the same documents as they mentioned in examples including Driver's Licence and also attached the List of Documents on separate paper. But when two of our Friends went to Post Office after us the Lady on the counter said to them that just copy of your Driver's Licence is sufficient there is no need to send the Original Licence, so you can check this with your local Post Office.
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:27 pm

Another thing if in case you have sent your Original Birth Cert to INIS then you can write them a letter to send your Original Birth Cert back they would send it back to you, our neighbor did that when his Passport Application was returned and got his Birth Cert back from INIS in 3 days. GOOD LUCK
PIKKA

churchholigan

Post by churchholigan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:29 pm

PIKKA wrote:Another thing if in case you have sent your Original Birth Cert to INIS then you can write them a letter to send your Original Birth Cert back they would send it back to you, our neighbor did that when his Passport Application was returned and got his Birth Cert back from INIS in 3 days. GOOD LUCK
Thx for the information. I will write to them tomorrow!