ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA ON BASIS OF 3 MONTHS BANK STATEMENT

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:05 pm

this sms update thingie which otherwise costs rs. 200 but is free for premium lounge users is pretty cool. they keep sending u automated messags about where ur application is and whats being done to it. though im still unsure if the updates will also be given once the application has left pakistan. tney cannot be this efficient, can they?

does anyone have a clue???

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:47 pm

applied for spouse settlement visa on 25th sep, got the visa on 18th oct and its been stamped till 11th oct. thats practically 2 weeks only:)...i am soooooooooooooooooooo happy!! flying to my husband on the 29th

thanks to everyone who helped on the forum. its been very informative!!

jeetu25
Newly Registered

Post by jeetu25 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:52 am

Dear doc.amby4
Heartiest Congatulations to you for getting your visa.

I want to clarify with you regarding English Language Requirement. Could you please advise me if you had only submitted your Bachelor's degree to meet that requirement or any additional letter from university along to meet the purpose.

Regards
Jeetu25

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:46 am

"Letter from university" certifying anything related to "applicant fulfilling English language requirement" is - useless.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

jeetu25
Newly Registered

Post by jeetu25 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:57 am

Dear doc.amby4
I have also applied for UK Spouse visa with original copy of my Bachelor's degree from Panjab University, Chandigarh which fetches me 10 points as per PBS calculator available on UKBA website.

I could not take university letter as I have not been to Chandigarh for so long.

I hope this will work for me.

Dear Batley Khan
Please carify.

jeetu25
Newly Registered

Post by jeetu25 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:03 am

Dear sushdmehta

Thanks for your reply.

So, I hope there wont be any issue if I could not submit university certificate as I have already submitted original copy of my Bachelor's degree certificate.

Regards

Jeetu25

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:34 am

she's right. a letter is useless. my degree gave me 30 points in PBS but i didn't wanna take a risk so i didn't even use that method. i applied to NARIC for statement of comparability. if the name of ur uni is listed in PBS System, you can go to NARIC website and and get all the info from there. unless u have the eng test result or the statement from naric, u do not meet the english language requirment....and trust me, its such a stressful time, u dont wanna take a gamble with it!!

wish u all the best!!

jeetu25
Newly Registered

Post by jeetu25 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:08 pm

Dear Doc.amby4
Thanks for your reply and best wishes.

Wish u a very Happy Married life ahead with your hubby...

brandnew

Post by brandnew » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:59 pm

Jeetu,
I am in the same situation as you except that i provided letter from Uni confirming that the course was taught in English.

Looks like we need to have Plan B. Get the degree assessed by UKNARIC and be ready for fresh application/appeal.

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:08 pm

i got the language certificate from my uni as well. the general medical council of the UK even exempted me from taking IELTS cuz of my degree. i did attach a copy of these documents in my file yet none of those things work, im sure. u have to get NARIC Cert or sit the english exam(an exemption could be sheer luck).....

thanks a lot for the wishes and good luck to both of u. i hope u unite with ur spouses soon!! amen