ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Reset

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier1extend
India

ILR Reset

Post by tier1extend » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:42 pm

I saw few posts which mention about the 'ILR reset' if continous residency is broken. But couldnt find any such term in UKBA official documents.

I arrived in UK in sep 2011 ( very late after EC) and also got my tier 1 extended. So effectively my ILR clock started from Sep 2011.
But I need to move out of UK for 4 months and come back around Feb 2012. So I will break my continous stay ( more than 90 days in a single trip). This will push my ILR date to Feb 2017 instead of Sept 2016.
This is ofcourse assuming the current rules stay the same in future If I ever become eligible for ILR :D

I need to know the following

1. Is ILR reset defined in any official ukba documents ?

2. Will the continous stay date- range be considered from Entry date to UK + 5 years OR will it be the most recent previous 5 years from the date of ILR application ie ( ILR application date - 5 years )

3. I know multiple extentsions are allowed as per current rules. Can a visa holder opt for extention and not ILR if he has not met the continous stay requirement. can he then later apply for ILR once he has acheived the 5 yr continous stay.

any personal experience related to this will also help.
Thanks.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:11 pm

Refer to Calculating continuous period in UK:
No single absence abroad must be for more than
three months at a time and they must not total more than six months.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Reset

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:57 pm

tier1extend wrote:2. Will the continous stay date- range be considered from Entry date to UK + 5 years OR will it be the most recent previous 5 years from the date of ILR application ie ( ILR application date - 5 years )
The "qualifying residential period" is the 5 years preceding the settlement application.
tier1extend wrote:3. I know multiple extentsions are allowed as per current rules. Can a visa holder opt for extention and not ILR if he has not met the continous stay requirement. can he then later apply for ILR once he has acheived the 5 yr continous stay.
Under current rules, applying for settlement is a choice, not a compulsion.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tier1extend
India

Post by tier1extend » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:20 pm

thanks. But I couldnt find this detail on the UKBA site. Any pointers ?
or Do you remember any such member in this forum whose ILR was reset and then he/she could apply for the qualifying stay period was completed again after the reset.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:55 pm

Refer to the link I posted. It is a home office document.

tier1extend
India

Post by tier1extend » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:09 pm

thanks but this official document does not have the detail i was looking for.