ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gd_chandrasekar

Citizenship Ceremony

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:45 pm

Hi

I applied naturalization thru NCS hounslow. I got naturalization approval letter and in that it mentioned to contact them and book for ceremony appointment.

I really struggling to get their appointment. Is there anyway I can book with some other council for ceremony?

Thanks
C

Nazia88

Re: Citizenship Ceremony

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:52 pm

gd_chandrasekar wrote:Hi

I applied naturalization thru NCS hounslow. I got naturalization approval letter and in that it mentioned to contact them and book for ceremony appointment.

I really struggling to get their appointment. Is there anyway I can book with some other council for ceremony?

Thanks
C
what you mean by struggling?? relax and if you want bit earlier then book a private one otherwise just wait and counci will give you a date. i dont think you can book with any other council at this time. take care and gooluck.
NAZIA XX

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:02 pm

You can request Hounslow council to pass this over to your chosen alternative.

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:41 pm

how much is cost for private and public one?
Nazia88 wrote:

Thanks
C
what you mean by struggling?? relax and if you want bit earlier then book a private one otherwise just wait and counci will give you a date. i dont think you can book with any other council at this time. take care and gooluck.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:59 pm

gd_chandrasekar wrote:how much is cost for private and public one?
Public ceremony = free (the cost is included in your application).
Private ceremony = charges differ from council to council, so check with the council(s).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gg234

Post by gg234 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:10 pm

Call hounslow council number 020 8583 2090 to book your ceremony.Private ceremony would cost 200GBP from hounslow council
gd_chandrasekar wrote:how much is cost for private and public one?
Nazia88 wrote:

Thanks
C

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:17 pm

Thanks Guys

Is there any time limit by which I should apply for Ceremony? In the letter it says 21 days, I am not sure what is that.

I am planning to go to India during Christmas. Look like I wont be able to sort out the ceremony, british passport, indian passsport surrender and tourist visa.

If I attend the ceremony and get my certificate next month. Is it okay if I can use my Indian passport to go n come back and then applly for British Passport and other process. I know while surrendering Indian passport there is a 145£ charge if I used my Indian passport after getting British citizenship, which I am ready to bear, becuase already I have spent 2000+ £ on ticket to india during christmas, so I am not worried abt the charges. But want to know will there be problem in immigration in India or UK ?

Thanks
C

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:31 pm

You must book a ceremony within 3 weeks, and must attend a ceremony within 3 months - unless there are compelling circumstances (6.11).

UK immigration will have no problem with you travelling on an Indian passport (in or out). As for Indian authorities, see point 4 under clarifications.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:04 pm

Thanks

Point 4 says Penalty for misuse of Indian passport would be imposed if 'the PIO travelled on this passport beyond the grace period of three months '. which means, in my situation I would be travelling with-in 1 month, and i will surrender the indian passport within 3 months. So I believe it should be fine.
sushdmehta wrote:You must book a ceremony within 3 weeks, and must attend a ceremony within 3 months - unless there are compelling circumstances (6.11).

UK immigration will have no problem with you travelling on an Indian passport (in or out). As for Indian authorities, see point 4 under clarifications.

Bobthemoggie

Post by Bobthemoggie » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:06 pm

Hi

On which day of the week, does Hounslow council arrange regular public ceremony?

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:08 pm

Why not call them and ask? This thread is over 4 years old! :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.