ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple Entry and Location change - do these effect ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ppothuraju
Newly Registered

Multiple Entry and Location change - do these effect ILR?

Post by ppothuraju » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:39 pm

Hi Gurus,
1. My first entry to UK is on 9 NOV 2006 on multiple entry work permit visa. After working for 6 months I returned back and same company applied for a normal work permit. I re-entered UK on 29 JUL 2007 after 84 days.

Is multiple entry work permit is valid immigration visa for ILR, do my first entry start from 9 NOV 2006 or its starts from 29 JUL 2007.

2. After working for an year on work permit, my location has changed. I received location change letter from UKBA. I been informed by then HR that along with my location my clock got reset. This transfer happened while I am resident of UK. The location change notification letter is dated as 10 AUG 2008.

If my clock got reset due to location change, do I loose the period I stayed earlier? If so is my new eligible date is from 10 AUG 2008?

I have already booked a PEO appointment assuming NOV 2006 is my first start date. A prompt response is highly appreciated

Thanks -- Pavan

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Multiple Entry and Location change - do these effect ILR

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:34 am

ppothuraju wrote:Is multiple entry work permit is valid immigration visa for ILR
No, unless this FOI request is responded to by UKBA confirming otherwise.
ppothuraju wrote:After working for an year on work permit, my location has changed. I received location change letter from UKBA. I been informed by then HR that along with my location my clock got reset.
This is a technical change in employment, and therefore should not reset the ILR clock.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ppothuraju
Newly Registered

Post by ppothuraju » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:38 pm

sushdmehta, Many thanks for your reply. I never thought of MEP scenario until last minute, I typed this query while travelling to Solihull for next day appointment. I haven't seen your response, I went on with the appointment with insanity believing that Solihull office is charging only if eligible. I may have not dared if it is not Solihull office.

My case is successful and I got my ILR stamped. I applied my ILR as a Tier 1 (general) immigrant. May be there is a genuine difference between 245CD(c), 245CD(e) and 245GF(c), 245HF(c).

Solihull PEO office is quite good, there customer service is outstanding and ask you to pay only if ILR can be granted (at least as per my experience on my appointment day). When I was around atleast 3 people are rejected due to insufficient evidence or other and asked to leave with out paying. One lady who was asked to leave without paying said to my wife that they haven't given a reason, but said her that her application may not be successful and if she want a reason she can pay the fee and her case will be processed and if unsuccessful will give a official letter with reasons. The lady came out without paying. Overall Solihull process is good, the process flowchart is drawn on wall clearly indicating what will happen at every stage.

I will post a different post sharing my success.

Many thanks for you and all your moderators and Gurus. You guys are doing a great job.

Cheers
Pothuraju

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:46 pm

All I can say is that you are lucky and that, in my opinion, caseworkers at PEO Solihull are probably the worst trained amongst UKBA staff with regards to immigration rules and their interpretation.

See MEWP - ILR qualification.

ppothuraju
Newly Registered

Post by ppothuraju » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:36 pm

Read that. Hope myself lucky. Thanks to God.

I don't think just by one incidence we can judge Solihull office. I see few posts here who got ILR with MEWP from various other offices. I remember reading a successful case at forums where an interpreter is used at Croydon office. And there are other lucky incidents of various nature.

I strongly believe one should not carry away with these and must do what is technically correct. As I said earlier, if I have known about this as sure as the post just read I wouldn't have applied, I went in with insanity and got out lucky. I don't think mine is a great example to take.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:50 pm

ppothuraju wrote:I don't think just by one incidence we can judge Solihull office.
My remark about Solihull was not on the basis of just your case (though your post did act as a catalyst for me to comment) but based on both my personal knowledge and also the various posts on the forum - not just of approvals but also about refusals. Just my personal opinion, it was.