ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MY TIER 1 VISA RENEWAL- MAINTENANCE FUND NOT UP TO 90 DAYS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MikkySoft
Newly Registered

MY TIER 1 VISA RENEWAL- MAINTENANCE FUND NOT UP TO 90 DAYS

Post by MikkySoft » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:32 pm

My Tier 1 Visa will expire on 06/11/2011 and would be due for renewal. I made a mistake instead of putting maintenance fund on the 6/08/2011, I put it there on 15/08/2011.

My question now is: My visa would expire on 06/11/2011, should I wait untill maintenace fee is 90 days and my visa would have expired 10 days or should I submit on or before 6/11/2001.

Please what is my best option ?

I was told by some lawyers 2 different things:One said I should submit before expiration of current leave and that I may be fortunate to be given appeal by that time, the money would have spent that 10 extra days and I can present that statement on appeal.

Another told me to wait untill 10 days after my current leave expires and would have made it 90 days for maintenance fund. He explained that there is a law that I can still submit my visa for renewal about 28 days after expiration.

I am not really sure about all these. Please can you help? Anyone with similar problem in the past ? Please your honest advise backed up with necessary legal quotes and where they can be found would be much appreciated.

Mikky

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:44 pm

hmm, tough one! Sorry, cant help.

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: MY TIER 1 VISA RENEWAL- MAINTENANCE FUND NOT UP TO 90 DA

Post by ScopeD » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:57 pm

MikkySoft wrote:Another told me to wait untill 10 days after my current leave expires and would have made it 90 days for maintenance fund. He explained that there is a law that I can still submit my visa for renewal about 28 days after expiration.
Sorry I do not know much about such circumstances but I had a quick look at the application form and there is this question:

D29. Has the date of the applicant’s leave, as stated in his/her passport, now passed?
Yes
- the applicant is not able to submit a further fresh application. However, they can, if they wish, vary the grounds of the existing application. Go to the help text.

It may be worthy digging into the said "help text" to find out more about the grounds for variation. But if i were in your situation I would probably go by the first lawyer's advice i.e. submit application before current leave expires (and then hope that caseworker doesn't penalise). It just sounds like the correct way of doing it than to leave it to expire in order to wait for a full 90 days.

MikkySoft
Newly Registered

Post by MikkySoft » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:06 pm

MikkySoft wrote:My Tier 1 Visa will expire on 06/11/2011 and would be due for renewal. I made a mistake instead of putting maintenance fund on the 6/08/2011, I put it there on 15/08/2011.

My question now is: My visa would expire on 06/11/2011, should I wait untill maintenace fee is 90 days and my visa would have expired 10 days or should I submit on or before 6/11/2001.

I was told by some lawyers 2 different things:One said I should submit before expiration of current leave and that I may be fortunate to be given appeal by that time, the money would have spent that 10 extra days and I can present that statement on appeal.

Another told me to wait untill 10 days after my current leave expires and would have made it 90 days for maintenance fund. He explained that there is a law that I can still submit my visa for renewal about 28 days after expiration.

I am not really sure about all these. Please can you help? Anyone with similar problem in the past ? Please your honest advise backed up with necessary legal quotes and where they can be found would be much appreciated.

Mikky
Dear member, during my researches, I came up with this new development as stated below on the www.parliament.co.uk website.

Please can any immigration lawyer in the house please help us if this will hold any water. The site is below and make note of columns 97-98.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 7-0014.htm

"One possible alternative approach worth highlighting is to make use of the 28 day concession announced by Lord Bassam at the time of the debates on the PBS in Parliament (see here at column 97-98). The Home Office will consider applications submitted within 28 days of the expiry of a person’s leave as if the application had been made in time. Well, because of section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971, if an applicant under the PBS is rejected by the Home Office and appeals, that person’s leave only expires when his or her appeal rights are exhausted. Some lawyers report that PBS applications made within 28 days of the end of the appeal process have been accepted and granted"

nick999
Newly Registered

Post by nick999 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:19 pm

Hi mikysoft,

There is Thumb Rule my friend, "You can not stay in this country after the expiration of your visa".

I think the best solution is to call to Home Office and confirm from them. If you have your ISA a/c or having any other saving a/c with the required amount from the last 90 days.

Cheeers,

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:35 pm

i am not sure there is a solution for this, Section 3 -c i think only applies if you have an outstanding application in the system which you will not have

do you not have some other bank accoutn that you had in that first 10 days somewhere else that you can use as proof of maintenance
Keep it simple!

MikkySoft
Newly Registered

Post by MikkySoft » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:36 am

MikkySoft wrote:My Tier 1 Visa will expire on 06/11/2011 and would be due for renewal. I made a mistake instead of putting maintenance fund on the 6/08/2011, I put it there on 15/08/2011.

Mikky

Dear All,

I have good news for you. My Tier1 Has been extended successfully despite initial bottle-neck as explained above.

I want to believe it was an act of God, neither my wisdom nor my soilicitor's my expertese, but purely because God decided to smile at me. From all indications above, this case was hopeless, but to the glory of God, it went in first time, not even an option of appeal !!! I give glory to God...

Mikkysoft
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:43 pm

MikkySoft wrote:I was told by some lawyers 2 different things:One said I should submit before expiration of current leave and that I may be fortunate to be given appeal by that time, the money would have spent that 10 extra days and I can present that statement on appeal.

What may help others is knowing which option did you go for?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

MikkySoft
Newly Registered

Post by MikkySoft » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:34 am

sushdmehta wrote:
MikkySoft wrote:I was told by some lawyers 2 different things:One said I should submit before expiration of current leave and that I may be fortunate to be given appeal by that time, the money would have spent that 10 extra days and I can present that statement on appeal.

What may help others is knowing which option did you go for?
Friends,
If you have followed my post from the beginning, two conditions needed to be met. However, I could only meet 1 at a time and those two options were vital to the success of my application. Having consulted widely both on the net with law firms and some legal colleagues (though with contradicting pieces of advice). I sat down and picked the best options that I felt would help my situation.
As a reminder - I need to meet the first condition of Maintenance fee of £800 in my account for 90 consecutive days and the second option was that my application should be submitted before the expiration of my current leave to remain. I made a mistake of putting maintenance fee of £800 in my account 10 days less before the expiration of my current leave.

Then I asked myself, since I could only meet one condition at a time, which one is more important than the other?
1. To wait until I have the £800 for 90 day and let me current leave expire and submit 10 day after expiration or submit 10 day earlier thereby submitting before the expiration of my current leave and then be 10 days short of the 90 days maintenance.

Then I decided to submit before the expiration of my leave, because if I submit after the expiration, I would be staying illegally and my application would be declined immediately.
I then approached a lawyer to help me to draft a letter to Home office to explain why the maintenance fund of mandatory 90 days was not met and also to explain that I was ready to put the money in my account an extra 10 days after the submission of the application. To also ask that the application be treated with discretion since I have a very clean immigration history since 2001 I have been coming to the UK.
MORE IMPORTANTLY: My unmarried partner is a British citizen and we have a son together (1 and a half years old) who is also a British citizen. I included his original birth certificate where I was named as the father of the son, a photocopy of his British passport and also a photocopy of his mother British passport, couples of family pictures.
I also asked my lawyer to include it in his letter to Home office that if the leave could not be granted under HSMP/Tier1 conditions, that it should be granted under Human Right Acts article 8 or thereabout (right to family life) since my partner and son are both British and asking me to leave the country would disallow me from looking after my son.
In their reply, the home office however reminded me of the need to meet maintenance and other important conditions of Tier1 in future applications and said my leave was granted with discretion.
When my lawyer opened the letter and read it he said to me that this must be an act of God because maintenance and past earnings are important conditions that need to be met before leave can be granted and according to his words, he said “My God must be looking after me” and I replied him that He (God) always look after me !!!!
Thank you.