ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:58 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:Just to inform you guys,
Today my wife got her approval letter.
We applied together on July 2009 as residing for 5 years and my wife was accompanying me.
further document requested on early May 2011.
they were waiting for garda report since May 2011
I updated them with my CON and Passport a month ago but no acknowledgement received.
I got my approval on June 2011 and my wife today.
Waiting for my son's approval as I applied for him a s a minor last month.
Thanks for all who supported me and best of wishes to the others who are waiting, yours are coming for sure.
Congrats!! I know you have been waiting anxiously for a long time!!

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:02 pm

strongbow wrote:
We applied together on July 2009 as residing for 5 years and my wife was accompanying me.
further document requested on early May 2011.
they were waiting for garda report since May 2011
I updated them with my CON and Passport a month ago but no acknowledgement received.
Thanks for all who supported me and best of wishes to the others who are waiting, yours are coming for sure.
Congrats!! I know you have been waiting anxiously for a long time!!
yes Strongbow, thank you very much and congratulations to your wife's approval.
peace on you

irishtobe

Post by irishtobe » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:31 pm

CONGRAT TO ALL , IT HAPENING LETS PRAY SO THE DELAY WIL END, AND GUD LUK FOR NEW APPLICANT :P

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:35 pm

This wave of approvals is reminding me with the same of last June.
so please all of you be optimistic
peace on you

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:40 pm

aliak7777 wrote:I got it 2day as well.July 2009.
Wife got approval last friday.July 2009 too.
Looks like they cleared all 2009's July's backlog.
Good luck to all waiting
CONGRATULATIONS!
I think a very large number of people applied in 2009, they are clearing applications from each year RANDOMLY but more from 2009??????
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:45 pm

We applied together on July 2009 as residing (working visa) for 5 years and my wife was accompanying me.
further document requested on early May 2011 for both of us.

they were waiting for garda report since May 2011 (regarding my wife's application)

CONGRATULATIONS!
Oh! that is such a relief I remember you and your wife had reference numbers together but she waited 4 more months, but at last wait is paid off. GOOD LUCK and best wishes for your son's application. :D
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:52 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:This wave of approvals is reminding me with the same of last June.
Yes I am agree with you, in June there were 5 more people excluding my hubby just from our town and now up till today there are 5 people in total have received approval letters
2 from 2011
1 from 2009
1 from 2008
1 from 2007
lets see what is going to happen next................But one thing is clear this is the Last wave of approvals for this year because some body mentioned on this forum that the Next Ceremony is on 9th Dec..........
PIKKA

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:14 pm

PIKKA wrote:
IRISH PHAROE wrote:This wave of approvals is reminding me with the same of last June.
Yes I am agree with you, in June there were 5 more people excluding my hubby just from our town and now up till today there are 5 people in total have received approval letters
2 from 2011
1 from 2009
1 from 2008
1 from 2007
lets see what is going to happen next................But one thing is clear this is the Last wave of approvals for this year because some body mentioned on this forum that the Next Ceremony is on 9th Dec..........

Congrats to all who have received the citizenship approvals. Can you all please update the excel sheet of scrudu on the time lines. It would do a world of good for all of the ones who are waiting for the approvals.

once again, congrats to all.

thanks
*$

Sohanjanvi
Newly Registered

HI

Post by Sohanjanvi » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:25 pm

Congrats to all new approvals. Any idea about ceremonies in November or December?

Naija

Re: HI

Post by Naija » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:53 pm

[quote="Sohanjanvi"]Congrats to all new approvals. Any idea about ceremonies in November or December?[/quote]

Hey,

em i'm not too sure myself,but i read few posts here,where people say that when they rang INIS,they were told,oficially on 9th of December.So there's still hope for the ones who are expecting approvals. :)

agbaman
BANNED

Post by agbaman » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:53 pm

nettan wrote:Congratulations to people that got their citizenship approval. I got my approval letter today 24th Oct 9.32 AM

Applied - July 2009
Acknowlegment - July 2009
No further document was sent
Approval - 24th Oct 2011

2 points on licence for not using seat belt

A very special thanks to God and the Mr Alan Shatter T D

To those still waiting .. don't give up
In fact Alan shatter has demonstrated his jurisprudence as a family law lawyer in actual fact, more blessing to him and his government, all the best. :D :D

linn
Newly Registered

Post by linn » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:44 pm

A friend of mine and myself both received citizenship approved letters today.

Me: applied July 2010
Me friend: applied Mar 2011

Both were not asked for additional documents.

It seems the governments are doing something, I am sure those who are still waiting will receive reply soon.

950 euro per person is not a small amount. :wink:

wandererz

Post by wandererz » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:46 am

agbaman wrote:
In fact Alan shatter has demonstrated his jurisprudence as a family law lawyer in actual fact, more blessing to him and his government, all the best. :D :D
Sorry Angelcountry, but you are due yet another ban.
There's no use playing the sympathetic card now.

Go read my reasons why you were banned previously and
Go annoy people on some other forum instead will you.

None of your comments (good or bad) are appreciated here.

agbaman
BANNED

Post by agbaman » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:46 am

wandererz wrote:
agbaman wrote:
Sorry Angelcountry, but you are due yet another ban.
There's no use playing the sympathetic card now.

Go read my reasons why you were banned previously and
Go annoy people on some other forum instead will you.

None of your comments (good or bad) are appreciated here.
Once again i will like to thank the present Irish government most especially fine gael and labour party of ireland.

You're crying now aren't you daddy showkey ? :lol:

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:15 am

You're crying now aren't you daddy showkey ? :lol:[/quote]

:lol:
Its never too late

dodo123
Newly Registered

Post by dodo123 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:14 am

agbaman is angelcountry,moderator take note.

churchholigan

Citizenship Ceremony

Post by churchholigan » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:33 am

I spoke to INIS helpline today. The lady over the phone would not tell me when is the next citizenship ceremony date. Does anyone has any info from INIS about next Citizenship Ceremony Date please?

Naija

Re: Citizenship Ceremony

Post by Naija » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:13 pm

[quote="churchholigan"]I spoke to INIS helpline today. The lady over the phone would not tell me when is the next citizenship ceremony date. Does anyone has any info from INIS about next Citizenship Ceremony Date please?[/quote]

Don't rely on my words too much,but few people posted on this forum that when they rang INIS, they were told oficially,on 9th of December.Go back few pages here and you will see it yourself.

One day

Post by One day » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi

Can anyone help please

I rang the INIS today and they told me they are waiting for Garda report I told her this is ongoing since feb 2011 , I hang up and rang again a nice lady answered and said hold on let me check , she went and came back and told me we have received one Garda report but awaiting on a second one has any one heard of such thing , I asked the lady she couldn't answer me , I'm really stressed at this stage

Please if any knows anything about this if you could kindly share the info

Thanks

Green land

Post by Green land » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:53 pm

I think they request 2 garda reports - one from Ireland from your current Garda station and one from your home country.

Usually takes about a month to get the one from Ireland. However the report from the home country depends on the particular country.

ihk
Newly Registered

Re: Update from DOJ

Post by ihk » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:56 pm

ihk wrote:I rang the DOJ Tipperary office today.
My details are as follow;
Applied aug 2009 acknowledgment sept 2009
Applied based on work authorisation stamp 4
I do not have LTR as I work as a doctor and LTR requirements for doctors
Is nearly 8 years
I do not have Irish born child
The lady told me 'your application is currently in process and this department is determining whether you meet the statutory requirements or not'
Then she said, it is in the final processing stages and once the above is determined it will be sent to minister for approval.
When I asked how much will the process take, she said she cannot give a time frame, but it should not be too long and you will here from us.
I don't know what to make of all this, in one way it is reassuring that at least the processing has commenced as feedback from this forum about application progress has been disappointing lately as very few approvals.
On the other hand, my concern is that whether determination to meet statutory criteria is done at early stage of processing or late. What about clearance from outside agencies? As that takes the most time, from this lady reply should I presume that all that has been done?
Your feedback and comments please
Thank you
Rang today again 25th October 2011 to see what answer I get and was the information provided correct,
Another lady answered the phone after waiting for 50 minutes
She said, there is not a lot coming about you on our system, just your name comes up and that you have applied and there are two checks marked which will be routine for any application. But I don't know any more than that as there is no more information on the system, I asked if the out side agencies checks have been completed , said I don't know exactly as information on the screen does not tell me any thing. Then I asked how will I know the status of my application, said we are transferring all the information to a new IT system and ring back then we will have uptodate information on you. She said she was sorry that she could not provide me with any more information.
Compare this answer with the last week when I was told my application was in final stages.
I think there is no up to date information on their system, as they are switching to new system and they can't update every thing on the current system with the pace applications are being processed. I think your application could be at more advanced stage than their current system tell you. Howevere, you can see how quickly their answers can change, so don't take every thing they say, always re confirm
Thanks

One day

Post by One day » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:03 pm

Thanks Greenland

I don't think my country will reply as I have already inquired and they told me they don't send any outside reports to other countries I'm from the middle east

Really getting confused they are not giving me straight answers at there helpline

Thanks for the info

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:36 pm

One day wrote:Thanks Greenland

I don't think my country will reply as I have already inquired and they told me they don't send any outside reports to other countries I'm from the middle east

Really getting confused they are not giving me straight answers at there helpline

Thanks for the info
take it easy my friend, I'm from middle east as well and I got the approval back on June and my wife got her approval yesterday and she is from middle east as well they were waitting for her garda report since May.
so be optimistic and do not loose the hope, yours is coming soon
peace on you

babaemperor
BANNED

Post by babaemperor » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:54 pm

[quote="One day"]Thanks Greenland

Maybe they have tried many ways, but they couldn't find a way to refuse you, and they said to themselves, hey o.k we will start doing their country to observe further delay, when they can give themselves a kick from each and every applicant embassy in Dublin to know if we have a conviction on our head that, they have to be asking us everywhere we go, if we have been in any trouble recently, a country of trouble. :D

Naija

Post by Naija » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Em, can someone help me out with their number and the days when you can ring them?I know i've seen it somewhere on this forum quite some time ago,but I was looking again and i can't find it.Can someone be kind enough to provide me with the number and the days and hours when i can ring them?I'm impatient a bit,so i want to ring them.My first time.Hope i'll get some luck. :) Thanks.