ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2(Gen)application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Richard007
Barbados

Tier2(Gen)application

Post by Richard007 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:24 pm

Please I need some advice or Opinion regarding my Tier2(Gen)application.

My employer recently requested a COS for me and filled in my SOC code as “2132â€

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:37 pm

in UKBA dictionary, "new graduate" is someone who got degree in last 12 months or less.

Well, technically speaking you can no longer be assigned that job title cuz you have been in the role for more than 6 months.

Having said that, if you absolutely dependent on this job title than you can argue,internally, that you ONLY started doing "programming" less than 6 months ago. Before that you were dealing with other aspects of the role.

Include that in Sponsors note and you are good to go.

This still can be a source of problem if UKBA disagrees with your logic.

I am not a lawyer and that is what i would do if i were absolutely reliant on this COS.

To the best of my knowledge, your sponsor can add notes to the COS even after the assignment of COS

Wait for other replies too

Richard007
Barbados

Post by Richard007 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Thank for your advice. I only have a couple of days before I make my application so I would gladly appreciate anymore suggestion please.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:24 pm

arsenal49 is right ! You're not a "graduate developer" now as you been in this role for more than 6 months. My personal feeling is that after working for 6 months as a graduate developer you should automatically become a "system developer or System programmer" as you gain more experience.

You can get a new COS for Systems Developer but you have to earn around 30-31K or something..Even a Software Engineer requires 31K If I'm correct. How much you earn now anyways ? When is your PSW expires ?

Also Sponsor notes are there to add minor changes, e.g: Spelling mistakes etc, As Job title & SOC is very important its not recommended to use notes to add changes.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

Richard007
Barbados

Post by Richard007 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:40 pm

I am currently earning £24,000. Which is a far cry from the £30,000K band.
On my Cos it does not state how long I have been working for my employer but states that I am exempt from the RLMT as I have worked for the minimum of six months with them and with the Job title noted I meet the minimum pay for graduate role. As arsenal49 asked I am totally dependent on this job role because my visa expires 29/04/2012 and my pay is not due to change before then.

I really need some help with this guys thanks.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:18 pm

Richard007 wrote:I am currently earning £24,000. Which is a far cry from the £30,000K band.
On my Cos it does not state how long I have been working for my employer but states that I am exempt from the RLMT as I have worked for the minimum of six months with them and with the Job title noted I meet the minimum pay for graduate role. As arsenal49 asked I am totally dependent on this job role because my visa expires 29/04/2012 and my pay is not due to change before then.

I really need some help with this guys thanks.
It's a bit tricky brov given that your company has already got you a COS as a Graduate Developer. There is no other way to get around this brov, You have to either find a job description -> Job Title which matches with your job and Salary or Ask your employer to increase your pay and promote you.

But I still think "Graduate" doesn't applies to you as you have over 1 year experience. Why don't you sit down with your Boss and explain him the situation and see whether he/she interested in giving you a increase ? (Show them the SOC, Thats what I did and my Boss had a look at it then asked me to send a copy, He then forwarded it to the Board recommending my work etc, It was approved and they increased my pay by upto 4K to match the SOC, So its worth a shot) You can always withdraw the COS and apply for a fresh COS with the new details.

Keep in mind I'm only speculating here within my knowledge. You could seek professional advise from a Solicitor and see how it goes ? But a solicitor can only tell right or wrong he can't help you with your Pay or COS cause it depends on your company.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:11 pm

Also Sponsor notes are there to add minor changes, e.g: Spelling mistakes etc, As Job title & SOC is very important its not recommended to use notes to add changes.
i disagree with the bold sentence.

IF you choose a job title based on the job description, in code of practice, and it seems to be very convoluted job title then your sponsor may add notes to COS to say that while your job desc is exactly same as xyz job title, you will be using much simpler job title in practice.

this advice was straight from the mouth of ukba caseworker!

rka9b
India

Post by rka9b » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:09 pm

arsenal49 wrote:in UKBA dictionary, "new graduate" is someone who got degree in last 12 months or less.

Well, technically speaking you can no longer be assigned that job title cuz you have been in the role for more than 6 months.

Having said that, if you absolutely dependent on this job title than you can argue,internally, that you ONLY started doing "programming" less than 6 months ago. Before that you were dealing with other aspects of the role.

Include that in Sponsors note and you are good to go.

This still can be a source of problem if UKBA disagrees with your logic.

I am not a lawyer and that is what i would do if i were absolutely reliant on this COS.

To the best of my knowledge, your sponsor can add notes to the COS even after the assignment of COS

Wait for other replies too
Hi mate
Same problem
I started working as Draughtsmen in Manufacturing company , end of this year i will get promotion as graduate design engineer. My company is happy to pay graduate salary. But i am confused whether UKBA will consider me as Graduate or not
Any suggestions
Info:
Graduated : 2009
Psw : Jan 2010-Jan 2012
Job started: Jan 2011-present

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:40 am

arsenal49 wrote:
i disagree with the bold sentence.

IF you choose a job title based on the job description, in code of practice, and it seems to be very convoluted job title then your sponsor may add notes to COS to say that while your job desc is exactly same as xyz job title, you will be using much simpler job title in practice.

this advice was straight from the mouth of ukba caseworker!
Arsenal when my HR called UKBA they were told not to use the note for anything other than making small changes..

Richard007
Barbados

Post by Richard007 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi Guys,
I just got a letter from the UKBA that they have approved my application of which I was unable to make any changes to. Thanks for your help and it does seem like the UKBA understood the situation as a Graduate developer.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:24 pm

Richard007 wrote:Hi Guys,
I just got a letter from the UKBA that they have approved my application of which I was unable to make any changes to. Thanks for your help and it does seem like the UKBA understood the situation as a Graduate developer.
Congrats dude. :D :D