ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (G) Extension (Documentation + Additional Query)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pearldew
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (G) Extension (Documentation + Additional Query)

Post by pearldew » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:49 am

Hi,

I have a query about Tier 1 General Extension and am wondering if someone would be able to guide me and put me on the right track.

Initial Application - 29th March, 2009
Visa Start Date - 15 April, 2009
Visa Expiry Date - 15th April, 2012
Date first entered - 01 June, 2009

I have a couple of questions regarding the Documents required for the extension. Have done my homework and have been diligently going through the UKBA website.

1) The website asks for Qualification Documentation. Initially when I had applied for the Tier 1, I had not received my degree from the University (even though i completed the same in 2006) I had at that point of time applied to receive the degree from the university and for the time I had used a provisional document from the Uni stating the degree awarded and the year i passed out and my original transcripts.

2) Since then I have been repeatedly been sending my sister to check on the status as I have yet in 2011!! To receive my degree from the University. They keep saying that the previous one was lost in the post and I have to wait till Dec 2011 and there is no guarantee I will receive it then either.

My query here is as per the documentation required they ask for Evidence of your qualifications (If you have been awarded a qualification, you must provide the original certificate of award)

I do not have the original certificate as I have yet to receive it from the University. How do I go about showing this to the IO? Can I use the same documents I initially used?

My Additional query is regarding the FLR (When it comes about in 2 years) I fall short of the 4 year 11 months rule to qualify for FLR. Will I have to make a second extension of my visa and will it be the same process and fees all over again (depending on if they increase the fee *cringe*)

Thank you for any help given and I appreciate any words of advice.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:11 pm

1. Instead of looking for information on the website, read the policy guidance which (clearly) explains what is expected from you, given the circumstances.
2. Cross the bridge when you get to it .... in 3 years time. You'll know what the rules will be when you get closer to the time in question (2014).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

pearldew
Newly Registered

Post by pearldew » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:59 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. Instead of looking for information on the website, read the policy guidance which (clearly) explains what is expected from you, given the circumstances.
2. Cross the bridge when you get to it .... in 3 years time. You'll know what the rules will be when you get closer to the time in question (2014).
Hi Sush,

Yes I agree with you, I have been reading through the policy Guidance but as it was ambivalent I thought it would be prudent to ask those who have more knowledge than I do :oops:

69. An applicant who has previously
been given permission to stay in the United
Kingdom under Tier 1 (General) or the Highly
Skilled Migrant Programme, and previously
scored points for the same qualifi cation for
which he/she wishes to claim points in his/
her current application, does not need to send
evidence of his/her qualification again.

70. Paragraph 245A of the Immigration
Rules states that we will only award points
when an applicant provides the specifi ed
evidence that he/she meets the requirements
for this category.