ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nettan
Newly Registered

Post by nettan » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:30 pm

Guys i need your input here.

Got the approval letter 2days ago and GNIB card is required by INIS for the Citizenship ceremony processing.

How else can i confirm the official date for the citizen ceremony? (I tried calling INIS without success today)

How soon can i obtain the irish passport after the ceremony? is there anything like express passport application?

i have to travel on the 12th of December. If i release my green card now i may not be able to come back in if the irish passport is not ready.

I need your suggestions. Thanks

Naija

Post by Naija » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:14 pm

[quote="nettan"]Guys i need your input here.

Got the approval letter 2days ago and GNIB card is required by INIS for the Citizenship ceremony processing.

How else can i confirm the official date for the citizen ceremony? (I tried calling INIS without success today)

How soon can i obtain the irish passport after the ceremony? is there anything like express passport application?

i have to travel on the 12th of December. If i release my green card now i may not be able to come back in if the irish passport is not ready.

I need your suggestions. Thanks[/quote]

I'm not too sure about the ceremony date.Some people here are saying they were told by INIS guys on 9th of December.So i suppose it's that,but untill you send that and receive their acknowledgment and their further instructions in letter,you wont be 100 %, but i would say count on 9th december.People have no reason to lie.
To obtain Irish passport,after getting Certificate of Naturalisation,you fill out the application form.It will give you explanation how to proceed on filling out the application.Have to go down to garda station,get their signatures and stamps.Anyway you have it all there.Since you are first time adult applicant,you also need additional documents such as another form of photo ID,such as passport of your current country and proof of address such as utility bill and proof of name,such as any letter form public or private sector.Get all that into the evenlope,go down to local or any post office and say u want to appy for Irish passport by express post.Its something around 88 euros for standard 10 year passport.That's what my parents paid.Even though it is express,you can't get it in less than 2-3 weeks,counting week days.Even though you are travelling,you can submit your air ticket,but save yourself stress,because you are first time applicant,so it is not general rule to issue first time applicants irish passports so quick even if they are travelling.Thats kind of rule if you are renewing it.You have it all on passport office website for first time applicants.See it for yourself.
Anyway your best option is to leave it after you come back.It won't be a problem to re-enter country without the Green Card,as they accept a copy as well.Just copy it and copy certificate of naturalisation or take original or whichever one you want and explain it.There will be no problem at all,as there was a time when i left my green card here in Dublin,and i just copied it.Showed them that at Dublin airport together with my national passport and no problem at all.Yet,you have a better reason as getting naturalised,so don't worry about it.
Good luck and enjoy yr trip. :)

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:40 pm

linn wrote:A friend of mine and myself both received citizenship approved letters today.

Me: applied July 2010
Me friend: applied Mar 2011

Both were not asked for additional documents.

It seems the governments are doing something, I am sure those who are still waiting will receive reply soon.

950 euro per person is not a small amount. :wink:
CONGRATULATIONS!
to Both of you
Yes They are doing something but not Chronological or in strict order but at least they are doing something and Hopefully every body would be happy next year at this time of the year. :roll:
€950 is definitely not a small amount but it is very small what we suffer during the application processing period
PIKKA

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:45 pm

Congratz my pharoe...and your wife too. I guess the case is now closed ehhh ? ahahahahahahah

Nana
IRISH PHAROE wrote:
One day wrote:Thanks Greenland

I don't think my country will reply as I have already inquired and they told me they don't send any outside reports to other countries I'm from the middle east

Really getting confused they are not giving me straight answers at there helpline

Thanks for the info
take it easy my friend, I'm from middle east as well and I got the approval back on June and my wife got her approval yesterday and she is from middle east as well they were waitting for her garda report since May.
so be optimistic and do not loose the hope, yours is coming soon

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:53 pm

One day wrote:Hi

Can anyone help please

I rang the INIS today and they told me they are waiting for Garda report I told her this is ongoing since feb 2011 , I hang up and rang again a nice lady answered and said hold on let me check , she went and came back and told me we have received one Garda report but awaiting on a second one has any one heard of such thing , I asked the lady she couldn't answer me , I'm really stressed at this stage

Please if any knows anything about this if you could kindly share the info

Thanks
I think this is just a lame excuse that they are waiting for second report there is no such thing, Just chill and relax we are going to get our approvals in next wave, hopefully immediately after X-mas. Be Happy 8)
Green land wrote:I think they request 2 garda reports - one from Ireland from your current Garda station and one from your home country.

Usually takes about a month to get the one from Ireland. However the report from the home country depends on the particular country.
I also heard some thing like this that they request one from our home country but this is not correct. Once I directly asked to one of Marys in INIS about this and she said no we just request our local agencies. May be she meant that they received the Garda report and waiting for Social Welfare Report.
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:55 pm

babaemperor wrote:

I don't think my country will reply as I have already inquired and they told me they don't send any outside reports to other countries I'm from the middle east

Maybe they have tried many ways, but they couldn't find a way to refuse you, and they said to themselves, hey o.k we will start doing their country to observe further delay, when they can give themselves a kick from each and every applicant embassy in Dublin to know if we have a conviction on our head that, they have to be asking us everywhere we go, if we have been in any trouble recently, a country of trouble. :D
DON'T TELL ME, Angelcountry! ARE YOU BACK?????????
Last edited by PIKKA on Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PIKKA

PIKKA

Re: Update from DOJ

Post by PIKKA » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:08 pm

ihk wrote:I think there is no up to date information on their system, as they are switching to new system and they can't update every thing on the current system with the pace applications are being processed. I think your application could be at more advanced stage than their current system tell you. Howevere, you can see how quickly their answers can change, so don't take every thing they say, always re confirm
Thanks
I am a bit worried now in switching to new system hopefully they would transfer every thing from their old system accurately :shock:
PIKKA

One day

Post by One day » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:10 pm

Thanks guys

I really thank you all for the info I'm really grateful and will keep the hope god bless you all

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:21 pm

congrats to everybody who got theirs approval.next ceromany is 9 dec.almost 7 weeks away.there will be alot more approval going to come within next 2-4 weeks.i also read some where they recurit another 60 people this month in citizenship divsion.this will definetly speed the application much faster.i hope all the backload of applicant will be clear before 9 dec ceromany.so be patient and pray.i hope our turn will be next.once again great work by inis.

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:32 pm

friend of mine got his approval. he applied in sep. 2009.

where is mine? :?:

irishtobe

Post by irishtobe » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:43 pm

hi all i rang today and was on the phone for 55 mins so frustrating.the lady was more helpful, but she basically said there is no point in getting your local t.d they can do no more than us and will get no more info. i asked her how long does it take to return once it goes to the outside body, and my application since 2008 still no response, she said sorry she only answers the phone :oops:

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi Guys

Just a quick update.
Got my approval today :)
Applied Feb 2011
Approval Oct 2011
Application based on refugee status
Its never too late

Toluwanile
Newly Registered

I'm full of hope !

Post by Toluwanile » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:29 pm

Hello everyone. I find this forum very informative and helpful, thanks y'all.
I'm a November 2009 applicant based on 5 years permit as a medical doctor and I believe that this new wave of approval should herald my much awaited letter (brown envelope with the harp)!
A big congrats to all who got their approval already.
To all we hopefuls, all the very best!!!

realhope

Post by realhope » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:29 pm

PIKKA wrote:
One day wrote:Hi

Can anyone help please

I rang the INIS today and they told me they are waiting for Garda report I told her this is ongoing since feb 2011 , I hang up and rang again a nice lady answered and said hold on let me check , she went and came back and told me we have received one Garda report but awaiting on a second one has any one heard of such thing , I asked the lady she couldn't answer me , I'm really stressed at this stage

Please if any knows anything about this if you could kindly share the info

Thanks
I think this is just a lame excuse that they are waiting for second report there is no such thing, Just chill and relax we are going to get our approvals in next wave, hopefully immediately after X-mas. Be Happy 8)
Green land wrote:I think they request 2 garda reports - one from Ireland from your current Garda station and one from your home country.

Usually takes about a month to get the one from Ireland. However the report from the home country depends on the particular country.
I also heard some thing like this that they request one from our home country but this is not correct. Once I directly asked to one of Marys in INIS about this and she said no we just request our local agencies. May be she meant that they received the Garda report and waiting for Social Welfare Report.
Hi Pikka
thanks for your reply. rang today and was informed that they would change it for me as it appears on my current passport and GNIB. i was told to write a note in that regard with my payment. i told her that i have already sent the documents. she said that she will make a note of that. and i should have that corrected in the acknoledgement which will be at least 3 weeks to get as they are so busy.
i was told the next ceremony may be after christmas?????
what are the next steps? how long does it take usually for getting ths acknoledgement?
congrats to all who got their approval. and i feel your approval is on the way
best of luck
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:28 am

nanette wrote:Congratz my pharoe...and your wife too. I guess the case is now closed ehhh ? ahahahahahahah

Nana
IRISH PHAROE wrote:

Really getting confused they are not giving me straight answers at there helpline

Thanks for the info
take it easy my friend, I'm from middle east as well and I got the approval back on June and my wife got her approval yesterday and she is from middle east as well they were waitting for her garda report since May.
so be optimistic and do not loose the hope, yours is coming soon
Thank you Nanette my friend and big big thank you to you for the support and help you gave to me.
but you know your prediction is 110% right as you predicted that my wife will get her approval by Novemeber this year and that was back on June
so please have your crystal ball :D and check for my son's approval
I applied for him on September
again thank you and for all here if you would like to know when is your approval ask Nanette :D
peace on you

babaemperor
BANNED

Post by babaemperor » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:40 am

I rang the INIS these morning it was a recorded message i got saying, please be aware that, processing of application take 26 month, any straightforward cases will take less than that statute limitation standard time frame.

I applied at November 2010 - equal 12 month waiting
I have 14 month for them to play around with my application now.

The God of Irish and the God of their law, will come out in the next 14 months.

:D

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:59 am

flatpack wrote:friend of mine got his approval. he applied in sep. 2009.

Yours is on its way.............Just a little more wait.........
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:03 am

irishtobe wrote:hi all i rang today and was on the phone for 55 mins so frustrating.the lady was more helpful, but she basically said there is no point in getting your local t.d they can do no more than us and will get no more info. i asked her how long does it take to return once it goes to the outside body, and my application since 2008 still no response, she said sorry she only answers the phone :oops:
I was dialing all the time Yesterday but couldn't get through otherwise I would also feeling :x
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:05 am

ostrich wrote:Hi Guys

Just a quick update.
Got my approval today :)
Applied Feb 2011
Approval Oct 2011
Application based on refugee status
CONGRATULATIONS!
and oh yes it is never too late!!!!!!!!!!!
PIKKA

jambalap

Post by jambalap » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:06 am

IQU wrote:.i also read some where they recurit another 60 people this month in citizenship divsion.this will definetly speed the application much faster
Do you know where its published I would love to read the news.

dodo123
Newly Registered

Post by dodo123 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:09 am

babaemperor is angelcountry,since you've decided to be a pain in the mule on this wounderful forum.i 'll always get you ban.moderator take note.

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:35 am

realhope wrote:
PIKKA wrote:
realhope wrote:
realhope wrote:hello evryone
finally the good news arrived. got the approval yesterday.
Timeline
arrived in ireland 1998
applied for citizenship based on 5 years working visa sep 2009
i wish everyone who is waiting the best. and congratulations for everyone who got approved.
a quick question for people who got their naturalisation certificate.
will the name that appears on the naturalisation certificate be the same as the one on your passport. i mean can you have your middle name in the passport even though its not on your naturalisation certificate?
many thanks
PIKKA wrote: CONGRATULATIONS!
It appears to me that you did not mention your middle name in the citizenship application and now you want to put that on Passport, in my opinion if you have your middle name on the Birth Cert then there should be no problem otherwise you can ask some one professional. I mentioned Birth Cert because it is compulsory to send Birth Cert with your Passport Application
thanks Pikka
thats correct. one point to mention that i have my middle name on my GNIB card. on my birth cert it gives names of me /father/grandfather
and the middle name i have on my GNIB and on my current passport is the first letter of both father and granfather
any idea what i should do?
thanks
It seems OK to me, there should be no problem at all because if there are only the first letters still they are there because of some body's name and on the Passport Application Form very first Question of Section2 'A' they are asking "Name to Appear on Passport" So, you can give your middle name there.
Hi Pikka
thanks for your reply. rang today and was informed that they would change it for me as it appears on my current passport and GNIB. i was told to write a note in that regard with my payment. i told her that i have already sent the documents. she said that she will make a note of that. and i should have that corrected in the acknoledgement which will be at least 3 weeks to get as they are so busy.
i was told the next ceremony may be after christmas?????
what are the next steps? how long does it take usually for getting ths acknoledgement?
congrats to all who got their approval. and i feel your approval is on the way
best of luck
It is good to see that your problem is sorted out. If she said at least 3 weeks to get acknowledgement then it could be.......
But Next Ceremony after X-mas....... does that mean your Ceremony or our Ceremony, I mean next wave of approvals? :wink:
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:46 am

jambalap wrote:
IQU wrote:.i also read some where they recurit another 60 people this month in citizenship divsion.this will definetly speed the application much faster
They recruited 30 interns to assist the Staff that's why it is so speedy, just check this link
http://debates.oireachtas.ie/dail/2011/09/14/00518.asp
PIKKA

jambalap

Post by jambalap » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:56 am

PIKKA wrote:
jambalap wrote:
They recruited 30 interns to assist the Staff that's why it is so speedy, just check this link
http://debates.oireachtas.ie/dail/2011/09/14/00518.asp
Thanks pikka I hope new interns have started working as the article says new interns should start working from mid october

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:16 am

lets hop for positive, everyday when i go home first thing i check is post...
PIKKA wrote:
flatpack wrote:friend of mine got his approval. he applied in sep. 2009.

Yours is on its way.............Just a little more wait.........