ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Border Agency Website "a error has occurred" An

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GMassey
Newly Registered

UK Border Agency Website "a error has occurred" An

Post by GMassey » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:10 pm

I've been unable to register as a member for over a week on the UK Border Agency Website receiving the error:
"Sorry, an error has occurred while processing your request"

This is getting a little worrying as we've been unable to apply for the visa and there is not much time remaining to get this sorted.

Has anyone else suffered this issue - is there any advice or any other way we can apply without paying the extra money for an appointment?

To reproduce:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/
Follow the link in the top right corner "My Account" and press register.

If anyone succeeds please let me know, we really are panicking now and we're not getting any replies from the Web Masters or the agency themselves about the problems on their site...
Last edited by GMassey on Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:38 pm

Why don't you call them to book an appointment instead?

GMassey
Newly Registered

Expensive

Post by GMassey » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:34 pm

Unfortunately the application form I need to submit costs £950. Making an appointment is £1,400.

It doesn't seem fair that I have to pay almost £500 (plus lose a days holiday plus play about £50 in travelling fees) just because their website is broken and I cant get to a pretty straight forward web form :(

Has anyone else been able to register on the site?

I'm starting to feel like its just me - I would expect this would be important to them and people would be complaining left-right and centre. Possibly even post a message on the site.

I've not seen the form yet but I do wonder if someone else were to download the form I need if I could still submit it?

Any ideas welcomed :)

G

jainsumeet
Newly Registered

Post by jainsumeet » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:53 pm

I am having the same problem since the weekend as I needed to book an appointment. When I called they seemed to know there was a problem but didn't know how long it would take to fix.

Sumeet

GMassey
Newly Registered

Post by GMassey » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:10 am

Thank you for letting me know.
It's reassuring to know its not just me.

I'll keep trying. :)

If anyone that has an account and are able to have a go at downloading a form I don't see why I won't be able to get my application processed.

If any such beautiful people exist the form I need can be found on the form wizard by answering these questions:

I want to live permanently in the UK without becoming a citizen
(settlement).
I am applying as the partner or spouse of someone with the right to
live in the UK.
I am now living in United Kingdom.
My current nationality is Turkey.

Fingers crossed :)

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Expensive

Post by Greenie » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:53 am

GMassey wrote:Unfortunately the application form I need to submit costs £950. Making an appointment is £1,400.

It doesn't seem fair that I have to pay almost £500 (plus lose a days holiday plus play about £50 in travelling fees) just because their website is broken and I cant get to a pretty straight forward web form :(

Has anyone else been able to register on the site?

I'm starting to feel like its just me - I would expect this would be important to them and people would be complaining left-right and centre. Possibly even post a message on the site.

I've not seen the form yet but I do wonder if someone else were to download the form I need if I could still submit it?

Any ideas welcomed :)

G
what are you trying to register on the site for? If you are applying by post then you apply by post you don't need to register on the UKBA website first. If you are having trouble downloading the online form then download the PDF version. What is your current immigration status?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Re: Expensive

Post by mulderpf » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:32 pm

GMassey wrote: It doesn't seem fair that I have to pay almost £500 (plus lose a days holiday plus play about £50 in travelling fees) just because their website is broken and I cant get to a pretty straight forward web form :(
Just post your application if you don't want to pay for an appointment.

GMassey
Newly Registered

Post by GMassey » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:51 pm

OMG - The site is bloody confusing - took me 30 mins to find the paper form while looking for it - at least I can apply now - thank you.