ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Dependent visa - Applying from india

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sureshpn
Newly Registered

Tier1 Dependent visa - Applying from india

Post by sureshpn » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Hey Guys,
I got my extension recently i.e on Oct 13th 2011. and now I applying for my wife visa from india. I have few queries :

Details about me :
1) I entered the Uk after 2years of my visa granting ( Oct 25th 2010). now I have visa extended till 2013.
2) during this time back in india, I got married on Nov 2009 & I didnt applied for my wife dependent visa since I had doubt of getting extension and she still stay back in India.

Now regarding the problem :
1) My wife has documents like Marriage certificate, Driving License, Mediclaim Insurance, Bank Statement which says she is currently in my home address ( referring to my passport address ).
2) She doesnt have any valid proof which is required for change of spouse name in passport (http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlinePr ... rmDOB=7001).
4) I'm submitting the gmail daily chat history, recent visit to india to meet my wife to support the sustenance of marriage.

Guys, reason I'm posting here is bcoz one of my colleague got her dependent visa rejected based on condition " Not having sufficient evidence for sustenance of marriage & accomodation proof " ( the same situation like me w.r.t documents and they got married for 4years back)

Pls let me know :
Now since I'm applying after 1 year, will there be any question raised on specific documents or foresee the problems ??????
I'm submitting the " lodger aggrement (F303) " doucment for accomodation proof in UK since I'm staying in shared house. So will this also be problem as I dont have proper letting agents aggrement letter ??

Any suggestion at the earliest will really helpful as I am planning to submit for visa in next monday i.e 1st / 2nd Nov or so.

Thanks
suresh

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:56 pm

The mandatory requirements are:

Copy of your Passport/Tier 1 visa
Marriage certificate
Original bank statements (or bank stamped statements)
Obviously passports

Last month in my wife's application, we had the following supporting documentation in addition to the above (we married recently - July)

*A few payslips, employer offer letter and my business card - please note that this is not a mandatory requirement

*Lease agreement - please note that this is not a mandatory requirement. However, I decided to include it as the letting agent had specified my wife's name as a "Permitted Occupier". Our aim was to support the "subsisting marriage" claim.

*Several emails and Skype chats of our "sweet nothings" conversations. The aim here was to support the "subsisting marriage" claim.

*A few money transfer receipts from me to my wife via Western Union. The aim here was to support the "subsisting marriage" claim.

*Printed a plane ticket from our xxx to xxx trip back in February when I visited my wife in xxx where my name and my wife's were shown together. The aim here was to show that we have been doing things together even before we got married.

However, the evidence you choose to provide is really a matter of choice, and care needs to be taken when arranging the evidence to ensure that you do not confuse the ECO. I carefully arranged the documents by putting the mandatory evidence immediately after the form and cover letter.

Hope this helps

sureshpn
Newly Registered

Tier1 Dependent Visa - Applying after 1year of stay in UK

Post by sureshpn » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:16 am

I really thank for the quick reply & very informative answer:)
Well, Right now I have collected exactly those documents which you have already mentioned and would like to know some more info on what you have said.

1) I did money transfer to India in-between to my account rather then my wife account & catch point is I don't have any proof that, I transferred money to support family. My wife is using my debit card to withdraw and do shopping. Can a affidivate or a written letter to the ECO stating that "I have authorized my wife to use my debit card " will be helpful in this case ???

2) Also I had a recent small vacation with my wife but I don't (basically I lost ) have any boarding pass which confirms that I did travel. All i have is e-ticket for me & my wife on only one-side.
while we are way back to our hometown, we did spot booking through credit card ( the statement has only total amount but doesn't have info of who traveled ) and we don't have any documents like boarding pass / e-ticket to subsist that we had traveled.

3) So If anybody have idea on Rental agreement format, pls do let me know. I am using the F303 - lodger agreement for a room in a furnished home. Is this can be considered valid ???

-Thanks
Suresh

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:29 pm

1) I did money transfer to India in-between to my account rather then my wife account & catch point is I don't have any proof that, I transferred money to support family. My wife is using my debit card to withdraw and do shopping. Can a affidivate or a written letter to the ECO stating that "I have authorized my wife to use my debit card " will be helpful in this case ???
You do not really have to provide evidence of you transferring money to your wife as this is not mandatory. However, in my case, I happened to be dumping my Western Union receipts somewhere in my house, and so when I stumbled across these, I decided to include them to help convince the ECO that our relationship was really an on-going one where I was being the provider for her. However, if you do not have some sort of receipts showing movement from you to your wife, it may be best to ignore this part and look for other evidence that may help strengthen the link.
2) Also I had a recent small vacation with my wife but I don't (basically I lost ) have any boarding pass which confirms that I did travel. All i have is e-ticket for me & my wife on only one-side.
while we are way back to our hometown, we did spot booking through credit card ( the statement has only total amount but doesn't have info of who traveled ) and we don't have any documents like boarding pass / e-ticket to subsist that we had traveled.
You can print the e-ticket from your email account and include it if you wish. I simply printed an e-ticket which showed both our names and that was it.
3) So If anybody have idea on Rental agreement format, pls do let me know. I am using the F303 - lodger agreement for a room in a furnished home. Is this can be considered valid ???
Rental agreement as far as I know, is not a mandatory requirement. It maybe that your friend needed to challenge the ECO's decision on the basis of what they have listed as mandatory requirements. However, If you really feel that you would like to provide this document, you may wish to ask your landlord to provide you with a letter that explains that they are ok with your wife coming to stay with you at their property.