ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming JSA while awaiting decsion on EEA Parmanent residen

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lumeh
Newly Registered

Claiming JSA while awaiting decsion on EEA Parmanent residen

Post by lumeh » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi,
My application for a Parmanent residency is pending with the H/O for about two months now and i have since lost my job since i no longer have the right to employment after my initial application was returned to me requesting for more information by the UKBA.

My question is do i have the right to claim JSA/HB?

Thanks for your help

mochyn
Diamond Member

Re: Claiming JSA while awaiting decsion on EEA Parmanent res

Post by mochyn » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:56 am

lumeh wrote:Hi,
My application for a Parmanent residency is pending with the H/O for about two months now and i have since lost my job since i no longer have the right to employment after my initial application was returned to me requesting for more information by the UKBA.

My question is do i have the right to claim JSA/HB?

Thanks for your help
What is your nationality and your visa status?

da_tnt

Post by da_tnt » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:16 pm

Hi,

I was going to put a post on the same matter but I will continue this post.

I am actually in the same situation.

I am on a student visa (that is ending in october) and I am non-EEA.

I married a Lithuanian and sent my application for the EEA2 card before the end of my student visa.

My wife is working full time and I am actually looking for a job (and awaiting right of work to the UK).

I overheard that sometimes after 30days of EEA2 application I can receive a letter to confirm the receipt of my application and this letter can be a proof of right to work.

1/ Anyway, while awaiting for my EEA2 residence card, can I apply for JSA, Council Tax& Housing benefit?
2/ Will that have a negative impact on my residence card and in the future will it affect my British Citizenship?

Thank you for your help