ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof for subsisting relationship - phone call history

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

user_name

Proof for subsisting relationship - phone call history

Post by user_name » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi,

Marriage has been fixed last month.
Going India and getting married next month.
Dependent is planning to apply for visa soon after the marriage.

Worried about the Proofs need to be submitted for showing subsisting relationship.
Have only Phone Call History. Don't have many email/chatting snippets.

1. Is there any problem, if I submit Phone Call History dated prior to the marriage?
2. Should I provide any proofs to show that the Phone Numbers given in the Call History actually belong to the same persons?
3. Are the email/chatting scripts written in non-English (in English letters, but readable only as local language) acceptable?
4. Should I provide any proofs to show that the Email Ids given in the emails/chatting scripts actually belong to the same persons?
5. Is there any other proof which can be prepared and submitted?

Many Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:21 pm

You are yet to be married, so what "relationship" are you referring to here?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

user_name

Post by user_name » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:03 pm

sushdmehta wrote:You are yet to be married, so what "relationship" are you referring to here?
Thanks sushdmehta.

But the dependent will be applying for visa probably after one week of the marriage.
Does that mean that the proofs for subsisting relationship is not required for this kind of situation?
Please advice.

Thanks again.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:45 am

Unless you two have been living together any time before marriage, your "relationship" will commence only after you two are married.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

user_name

Post by user_name » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:57 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Unless you two have been living together any time before marriage, your "relationship" will commence only after you two are married.
Thanks very much sushdmehta!

If that is the case, should I be still submitting any proofs for subsisting relationship for one week (one week between the marriage and the visa application date)?
To be honest I don't think I will be having much emails/chatting/phone calls/etc... during that one week period as we will be living together.
Is it advisable to set-up a joint bank account or something soon after the marriage?
Please advice if I have to provide any other type of proofs in such circumstances?

Thanks again!

krischai81
Newly Registered

Post by krischai81 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:13 am

You should get a marriage certificate right.. That would be your main evidence.

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:36 pm

I think you should mainly concentrate on the mandatory requirements. These are:

*Marriage Certificate
*Original Bank Statements
*Copy of your passport with Tier 1 General Status endorsement

Your success rests on how simple you can keep the application really. Try and make it very easy for the ECO to see the main evidence. Do not clutter your application with confusing documents that may not adequately support the main evidence sought by the BE/BHC. If you are thinking of including emails and chats, the main question to ask yourself is are they really necessary and do they adequately support your circumstances???

For people who have been married for quite some time, it would be good to demonstrate that although you have been away from each other for a number of months, the marriage is still subsisting. That is where things like this come in. But I would like to think that you are a newly married man, and it is quite logical to assume that a marriage certificate would sort you out.

I have seen other people posting that they had included marriage photos etc (again this is not a mandatory requirement - personally i didn't provide them and no one bothered me) - but perhaps if you are really worried about additional non-mandatory evidence, you may wish to show them this kind of detail - provided you do not unnecessarily clutter your application in such a manner as to confuse the ECO. This is my view

user_name

Post by user_name » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:37 pm

krischai81 wrote:You should get a marriage certificate right.. That would be your main evidence.
Thanks very much krischai81.
Yes, I will be submitting the marriage certificate.
But marriage certificate is a proof for just the marriage.
How does this become a proof for subsisting relationship.
I guess the marriage certificate, wedding photos, wedding invitation card and flight ticket for the wedding travel may be enough in such cases where the time gap between the marriage and the application is just one week or so.

Please share your thoughts.