ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finally wife from Polish to Irish....

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MYSPACE
Newly Registered

Finally wife from Polish to Irish....

Post by MYSPACE » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:24 pm

I guyz i posted sometime ago about my wife polish citizen applying for Irish Citizenship, and i asked was gonna be my faith if her application happen to be approved. Today her application was approved...

Abit about my background. We got married in Jen 09.. I got 5yrs EUFAM in Jun 09.. that will take me till Jun 2014... We had our daughter last year December...Irish Citizenship..

My question is, do i have to wait until 2014 according to my GINB card before i can apply for Irish Citizenship or i can now apply after 3year of marriage which is next January 12?

Thanks.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:13 pm

you have to wait for 5 years..anyone else any input? I would suggest to send an email to eu treaty right dept..you can get email from inis website. That would be the best source

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:20 pm

you can apply after 3 years but you have to inform gnib your wife dont have anylonger polish citizenship.she have irish passport.they will change in the system.good luck

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:08 am

Does your wife continue to retain her Polish citizenship?

MYSPACE
Newly Registered

Post by MYSPACE » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:14 am

Thanks guyz for all ur contributions... Yes, am sure my wife will like to retain her Polish Citizenship..