ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british passport help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

koojit
Newly Registered

british passport help

Post by koojit » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:35 pm

Im applying to get my first adult passport. Do I have to send my british travel document as well? or only the passport that I entered uk with?
Also which naturalization certificate should I send? the one that I received on the ceremony?
Thank you

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:22 pm

You send all uncancelled passports including the one you entered the UK with and your naturalisation certificate given to you on the day of your ceremony.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:09 pm

Do I have to send my british travel document as well?
What is this document that you have?

koojit
Newly Registered

Post by koojit » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:48 pm

gidoc wrote:
Do I have to send my british travel document as well?
What is this document that you have?
hi, its a uk travel document, I got it when I received my ILR 8 years ago.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:07 am

Do you mean that your ILR sticker is not in the passport but given to you separately?

Perhaps its best to send it as well, otherwise there will be no evidence of ILR on your current passport!

Time Traveller
Newly Registered

Post by Time Traveller » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:35 pm

Beige wrote:You send all uncancelled passports including the one you entered the UK with and your naturalisation certificate given to you on the day of your ceremony.
Does that mean that we have to send our expired passports as well?
I came in this country 8 years ago on my 1st passport which got expired to be renewed by the 2nd one and then recently the 2nd expired as well to be renewed by the 3rd one. So should I send my 1st, 2nd and 3rd passports with my British passport application?

durian

Post by durian » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:04 pm

Time Traveller wrote:
Beige wrote:You send all uncancelled passports including the one you entered the UK with and your naturalisation certificate given to you on the day of your ceremony.
Does that mean that we have to send our expired passports as well?
I came in this country 8 years ago on my 1st passport which got expired to be renewed by the 2nd one and then recently the 2nd expired as well to be renewed by the 3rd one. So should I send my 1st, 2nd and 3rd passports with my British passport application?
No, just the relevant ones. I had 4 non-UK passports with me, three expired and one current. Was advised by the Passport Office to submit just three - the one that I originally used to enter the country all those years ago, one with my ILR vignette, and the current one. A covering letter wouldn't do any harm either.

I think you'd be ok with sending just your 1st and 3rd passport (as your second one would have been cancelled/expired). Best to double check with them. They are very helpful on the phone.