ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO at Glasgow, can you share your experiences?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

grinconesmo
Newly Registered

PEO at Glasgow, can you share your experiences?

Post by grinconesmo » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:21 am

I'm thinking to make my ILR appointment in Glasgow PEO and I would like to see how is the people feedback regarding this office.

Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:40 am

I assume you must be asking about the facilities (parking, coffee shop, baby-changing room etc) as you have not mentioned anything about your type of application.

grinconesmo
Newly Registered

Post by grinconesmo » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:42 pm

Lucapooka wrote:I assume you must be asking about the facilities (parking, coffee shop, baby-changing room etc) as you have not mentioned anything about your type of application.
My application type would be a SET(O) under WP for 5 years, but, what I asked from the people is to share about their experience i.e. staff, do they charge fees upfront, would they stamp the visa on the same day or not, things that are really relevant for people that not have been at a PEO appointment before.

Do I need to be more especific?

Thanks.

durian

Post by durian » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:14 pm

I've used the Glasgow PEO three times and the experience have always been positive.

Once in 2003 to apply for permit-free training, got it no probs.

Second attendance was in 2004 for the Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland scheme. There was a problem with my paperwork (incomplete evidence), and the checking officer was nice enough to go through the specific documentary evidence required and didn't proceed to taking any payment - you'd have to be seen at two separate counters. One is the document check, and if that's ok, only then would you go the payment counter.

Third was in 2006 to transfer a vignette to a new passport. The staff I'd met were all very professional and courteous. A few were actually quite friendly! But that's Scotland for you. Yes, I'm biased!! :D

Good luck.

grinconesmo
Newly Registered

Post by grinconesmo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:07 am

durian wrote:I've used the Glasgow PEO three times and the experience have always been positive.

Once in 2003 to apply for permit-free training, got it no probs.

Second attendance was in 2004 for the Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland scheme. There was a problem with my paperwork (incomplete evidence), and the checking officer was nice enough to go through the specific documentary evidence required and didn't proceed to taking any payment - you'd have to be seen at two separate counters. One is the document check, and if that's ok, only then would you go the payment counter.

Third was in 2006 to transfer a vignette to a new passport. The staff I'd met were all very professional and courteous. A few were actually quite friendly! But that's Scotland for you. Yes, I'm biased!! :D

Good luck.

Durian, thanks very much for you input... I would be applying in the beggining of March, I think I have a pretty straight forward case except that I'm few days short but there is a part of the guidence that said it should be ok as long is not over than 3 months short.

Thanks,