ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SUCCESS – SOLIHULL (WP+Tier 2)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chuchu_law
Newly Registered

ILR SUCCESS – SOLIHULL (WP+Tier 2)

Post by chuchu_law » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:07 am

Want to first of all say thank you to this great forum, it’s been very informative and following the latest changes of UKBA.

Here I would like to share my experience with my ILR at Solihull office:

Appointment at 10.00
Approached the office at 9.15, was let in but was told wouldn’t get a token until 9.30
9.30 got the token number
10.00 got called over for the interview
The CW was a lovely friendly young lady. She asked for application form, employment letter and photos. She went through the form and the letter quickly and asked when the photos were taken, answered 2 days ago.
After some thorough checking, she asked for 3 months payslips, 3 months bank statements where the salary was deposited to, police registrations, Life in the UK results and cohabitation proofs.
Again after quick checking on those docs, she said she just needed to do some check on the computer (I assume criminal record), about 0.5-1min later she came back and said everything looks fine and they are going to process my application – time to pay!
The whole process took 30min, the CW was polite, friendly and professional (She did ask me to explain what exactly my job was, as she still didn’t understand after the long sentences on my employment letter ï

kumar_0178a
Newly Registered

Post by kumar_0178a » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:09 pm

Hi,

Thanks for sharing. May others be lucky like you.

Can you let me know if you had any unpaid leave during the 5 years, and what was your total days outside UK?

chuchu_law
Newly Registered

Post by chuchu_law » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:58 am

kumar_0178a wrote:Hi,

Thanks for sharing. May others be lucky like you.

Can you let me know if you had any unpaid leave during the 5 years, and what was your total days outside UK?
Thanks, I didn't have any unpaid leave, and total number of absences was 135 days. Don't remember seeing the CW actually checked that against the stamps on my passport.