ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa application form question 8.4.12

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zulfiqar5941
Newly Registered

spouse visa application form question 8.4.12

Post by zulfiqar5941 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:42 pm

I am applying for my wife's spouse visa. I had my nikkah done in dec 2010. I have all the pics for the event. However, as it was just a nikkah i returned to the UK after 3 days without living with her as she was studying and she wanted to complete her studies before we started living together. Therefore we decided to have our formal wedding (valima) event in feb 2011 After my return we have remained in constant touch via telephone, sms an skype. i am now applying for her visa so that it is ready before our valima (formal wedding) and she can return to uk with me.

In the application form question 8.4.12 it states have you livied with your sponsor in a relationship like a marriage at any time. if answer yes..Please provide evidence.
I am concerned if a say No the immigration officer will think it is a sham marriage. Please advice the best way to handle this question.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:53 am

i am in the same situation as your's, not sure what sort evidence can be provided to them??

nadiii

Post by nadiii » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:41 pm

not sure too.

you say "Therefore we decided to have our formal wedding (valima) event in feb 2011"

you had your valima in feb 2011 and you still didnt live together as husband and wife?

or you meant feb 2012?

zulfiqar5941
Newly Registered

Post by zulfiqar5941 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:51 pm

sry correction feb 2012

nadiii

Post by nadiii » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:05 pm

8.4.12 you would answer NO then you would have to show the reason why you have not lived together ie cultural/religious/study reasons.

you are saying you did not live with her for even 3 days you where together correct?

if you did live with her for 3 days you can put YES and give that evidence.

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:24 pm

There are two things which they try to find out in these cases
1) Cohabitation
2) Consistent relationship

In your situation, you cannot provide much evidence for cohabitation because you didn't live together. But, don't worry, if you can show much of evidence relating to your relationship to be consistent. For example, mobile call logs, landline bills, email prints, exchange of photographs, letters, Skype recording etc everything with dates etc.

Simply explain them in a cover letter that you got married religiously but 'Rukhsati' never happened. Explain them about 'rukhsati' and it's cultural and religious importance.

Keep in mind that they surely know your values. Their laws are just to avoid those who misuse their system. If you're genuine and can present your case naturally, there will be no problem. Just try to provide them any evidence that connects you and your partner by any means.

However, there are kind of ignorant ECOs these days who probably need more experience and knowledge. Just pray they do not pick your case up. Good luck!
lets get together for migrants' rights