ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just Married

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bluemoonrising
Newly Registered

Just Married

Post by bluemoonrising » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:50 am

Does anyone know if Non EEA and EEA couple need to wait a certain time to apply for EEA2?

My partner and I have are about to get married after 4 years of being together but we have not lived together for the 2. We are both in full time employment

Do we have to wait a few months before applying

bobobo

Re: Just Married

Post by bobobo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:41 am

Not really you can apply the day after you get married, if you have been togethor for 4 years that just makes your application stronger.

All the best for the future!!
bluemoonrising wrote:Does anyone know if Non EEA and EEA couple need to wait a certain time to apply for EEA2?

My partner and I have are about to get married after 4 years of being together but we have not lived together for the 2. We are both in full time employment

bluemoonrising
Newly Registered

Re: Just Married

Post by bluemoonrising » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:43 am

bobobo wrote:Not really you can apply the day after you get married, if you have been togethor for 4 years that just makes your application stronger.

All the best for the future!!
bluemoonrising wrote:Does anyone know if Non EEA and EEA couple need to wait a certain time to apply for EEA2?

What about working I read somewhere that the COA just confirms that I can work. But in reality due to the marriage I can work from day one??

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:20 pm

Technically you can work from day one. However, employers look for a statutory excuse that an employee is entitled to work. An COA will help then have one.

Therefore in practice, you should apply as soon as you can.