ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sancsan

Dependent Visa

Post by sancsan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:10 pm

Hi,

I'm currently holding Tier 1 General Visa valid until June, 2013, however I'm outside UK from July,2011 and I want to apply Dependent Visa for my wife.

Is it possible to apply Dependent Visa while main applicant is outside UK.

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:12 pm

It is if it's your intention to return ahead of her or with her.

sancsan

Post by sancsan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:28 pm

Thanks.

I will be moving back to UK with her.
Do I need to produce any extra documents (UK Employment Offer, House Contract..) to make my intention clear to case worker about my return to UK.

Appreciate your advise.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:35 am

sancsan wrote:Hi All,

Could you please guide me in filling up VF10 form for applying Dependent Visa for my wife.

1. Is it mandatory to get Main applicant's passport/RP copies notarised/certified or is it dependent on any factor like city in India from where you apply.
2. If it's mandatory, then currently I'm based in Netherlands. Can I get it notarised from local solicitor ?
3. In VAF10 Form, Under Sec7, all the queries from 7.13-7.19 are related to 'If the main applicant is in UK'. But I'm not based in UK, so what do I need to fill here. Guaidance does not say much about this situation, Do I need to fill details of current location and job.
4. In VAF10 Form, Under Sec7 (7.2) Are you accompanying the main applicant or joining him/her
later? Answer ‘Accompanying/Joining later’ . What needs to be filled for main applicant outside UK as I'm not sure about my travel to UK
5. In form there is a question which ask On which date do you, wish to travel to the UK : Can we fill a tentative date ?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sancsan

Post by sancsan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:15 pm

Hi,
Any suggestion please.

Thanks

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:32 pm

It may be worthy reading through the Policy Guidance as some of the questions you have are answered there. I would simply follow them as they are without adding too much seasoning or questioning. The process is pretty straight forward, but by throwing too many spanners into the whole thing you run the risk of messing an otherwise straight forward application.

Mandatory Requirements
Copy of passport/visa page of Main Applicant
Marriage Certificate
Original Bank Statements
Spouse's passport(s)

sancsan

Post by sancsan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:24 pm

Thanks for the response ScopeD.

My question was more about the notarisation, whethere it's required for Main applicants documents as I went through many posts and got mixed answers. Hence wanted to confirm once before I send documents to India.

Also, with respect to questions in VF10 Form, I had walk through Guidance Form but it says more with respect to applicant who is based in UK, and hence put the query in this forum to check member's responses who have applied from outside UK.

Regards

sancsan

Two Bank Account for Funds

Post by sancsan » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi,

Can we show two bank account statements as part of Maintenance fund for Dependent application.
1. My wife's bank statement from June,2011 - July, 2011
2. My Bank Statements from Aug, 2011 - Oct, 2011

Also, I'm maintaining my fund in Saving Account of UK Bank which does not have any other transaction, is this fine to show this account or do we need to show the main account which is being used for all the transaction.

Thanks

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:08 pm

There is no limit on number of accounts and you can show from anywhere. For example you have one account in UK and one at your home country, so you can show your funds from both at the same time in one application.

But there are few things to consider.
1) period of all accounts must be the same (no matter if it is saving or current, no matter if the statement is showing any transactions or it is without any transactions)
e.g. UK statement: 20 Jul to 20 Oct 2011
and home country or any foreign country statement: 13 Jul to 26 Oct 2011
The above is applicable either for main applicant only or including dependent

2) last date of your three month period must fall within 30 days of your application date
e.g in above example, you must apply by 19 November 2011
lets get together for migrants' rights