ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Romanian national help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Antforest
Newly Registered

Romanian national help

Post by Antforest » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:50 am

Hi guys, my girlfriend is Romanian and I have a few questions if any of you would be able to answer me - excuse my ignorance on these matters!

She wants to come to the UK to study and work but obviously is a Romanian, I have read a bit about this and from my understanding she is able to stay in the UK for 3 months but not allowed to work?

She has a Baccalaureate (sp?) and wants to go to College here at first and perhaps later, university.

How would she go about getting into study? She will be living with me in the UK and we are sharing our expenses, would this have any bearing on her getting a student visa?
I am also curious, would she be able to apply for an apprenticeship?

She may also decide to work straight away without going to more education, what do you guys think the likelyhood of her getting a working permit is bearing in mind she is living with me and has her expenses covered until the time she can work?

Thanks a lot people :wink:

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:50 pm

Romanian Nationals are allowed to come to the UK and study, unrestricted. They have rights under the treaty and do not need to apply for a student visa. They will need a European Medical Insurance, and not necessarily a UK issued comprehensive Sickness insurance to apply for a Registration certificate, as they are exercising treaty rights as student. Term time employment is restricted to 20 hrs, and unrestricted during holidays.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:43 pm

Obie wrote:Romanian Nationals are allowed to come to the UK and study, unrestricted. They have rights under the treaty and do not need to apply for a student visa. They will need a European Medical Insurance, and not necessarily a UK issued comprehensive Sickness insurance to apply for a Registration certificate, as they are exercising treaty rights as student. Term time employment is restricted to 20 hrs, and unrestricted during holidays.
Doesn't this strictly apply to studying under UK immigration rules?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:22 pm

It doesn't just apply to people studying under UK immigration rules, it applies to A2 nationals aswell. If it weren't the case, the EU will have the UK for discrimination. That is, treating non-EU student differently from, EU student, in the sense of giving them better conditions.
Also there is a further 4 months unrestricted employment, after their studies, without any formalities.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Antforest
Newly Registered

Post by Antforest » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:50 pm

Thank you guys very much! It is appreciated

I am curious, how would she go about getting the registration certificate?

Again thank you very much for your responses :)

tears
Newly Registered

Post by tears » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:19 pm

Antforest wrote:Thank you guys very much! It is appreciated

I am curious, how would she go about getting the registration certificate?

Again thank you very much for your responses :)
The form is called BR1 and can be downloaded from UKBA website. But, apart from the form, she will need a letter from college and probably a sponsor to sustain her application. After one year from the obtaining date of that yellow card (residence card, that also allows her to 20 hours a week of employment), she can apply for a blue card (with no restrictions).

Raluca007
BANNED

Post by Raluca007 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:46 pm

Moreover, she can get the full working permit - blue card after graduating uni which would give her the right to work in the UK with no restrictions.