ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport for New Born Baby

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fais79

British Passport for New Born Baby

Post by fais79 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:53 pm

Hello everyone,

Our baby was born in March this year. At the time of his birth I had ILR and wife was on 2 year marriage visa. Her two years will be completed next year in June.

Because I had ILR when our baby was born does that mean he is British citizen by birth and can apply for passport? Above all what supporting documents I need to send? Do I need to send my passport showing ILR as a proof? plus baby's birth certifcate. Anything else I need to send?

By the way I got my British passport now.

Many Thanks

vinny

Re: British Passport for New Born Baby

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:37 am

fais79 wrote:Hello everyone,

Our baby was born in March this year. At the time of his birth I had ILR and wife was on 2 year marriage visa. Her two years will be completed next year in June.

Because I had ILR when our baby was born does that mean he is British citizen by birth and can apply for passport?
Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

fais79

Post by fais79 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:30 am

So just to confirm.. I only need to send my sons Birth Certificate with my valid passport at the time of his birth containing ILR?