ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

volunteering

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pilot
Newly Registered

volunteering

Post by pilot » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:45 pm

while i wait for inteviews for job i decided that i will start some volunteer job - to get involved in my community and to get access to training and Uk expirience. any suggestions?

SSEF

Post by SSEF » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:43 pm

The British Heart Foundation is a wonderful cause, they are always looking for people to work in their shops, you can generally chose how much time you give andit will keep your interpersonal skills sharp and maybe in enhance them too.

Also get in touch with your local council, they may be able to point you towards local charities.

Such a nice thing to want to do something for nothing.

I wish you luck in finding work soon, but i have to say, this is the worst I have ever known it to be in the UK and Ive been through 3 bad recessions, but this is terrible, you may want to consider going back to your home country until things pick up, Britiain isn't the country it used to be.

pilot
Newly Registered

Post by pilot » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:17 am

thank you for info, i also was in local volunteering centre they gave me directions and i called few phones, but they are very slow, i called three differnet organisations to sign in and still dont get forward call :)
maybe they are busy :) or have too much volunteers :)
about recesion - in my home country situation simillar to recesion last for twenty years, and now is even worse so i am well prepared :)