ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success!!..Solihull PEO..WP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smoin
Newly Registered

ILR Success!!..Solihull PEO..WP

Post by smoin » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:01 pm

Dear All,
Firstly I want to thank you all for the advice, support and help in this forum which has benefited a lot of people like me and saved a lot of money as well.
I got my ILR today at the Solihull PEO. I would like to share my experience here.
Appointment time: 10:00am
Arrived at 9:15 and went in straight.
I applied for myself and my wife (and not for my UK born child)
We were given the token and our number was announced in about 20 minutes.
Friendly case worker asked for the following docs in order:
1. application form + all passports
2. employer letter (template on the sticky post with a little modification, I get paid weekly so added detail and number of hours worked per week as I had read that hours per week will be counted as 37.5 if not mentioned otherwise)
3. Life in UK
4. Pay slips (computer print outs stamped and signed by the employer, a letter of verification of pay slips by employer and company accountant's letter was also attached)
5. marriage certificate.
twice the CW checked some details on the computer. then finally the magical words..that every thing is ok and we'll be granted ILR. I was asked to make the payment and come back to collect the passport after two hours.
We went out, the town centre is close by and big enough to pass the time. but there was a shock when I got a phone call from a private number and it was the home office (solihull) and the gentlemen asked where I was and if I had all the documents with me still and asked me to come back and see him ASAP. That was nerve wrecking as I had not read this happening to any one, and I was very nervous. we went back quickly and were allowed in to see the immigration officer who told us that the CW had forgotten to take the Cohab documents and every thing apart from that was fine. we provided the docs and in about 30 mins we were called to collect our pass ports with ILR stamped.
I got all the docs back apart from the Employer letter with SOC code, and salary verification letter from the employer + accountant.
The case worker when saw my daughter did confirm that we were not applying ILR for her and I said that we will apply for her registration through MN1 directly. CW took hardly a total of 15 minutes.
This forum has saved me from paying a lot extra to a solicitor or for my child's ILR for which I'm really thankful.
I wish very best of luck to every one who is applying or waiting to apply for ILR. I would be pleased to answer any questions if I can.

alok_singh

Post by alok_singh » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:11 pm

Hi,

Do you mean that for children born in UK there is no need to apply to ILR ?
Please explain a bit more on this. I am in the same situation.

Thanks
Alok

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:25 pm

There is no need to include the child with your ILR application. Register child for British citizenship after you are granted ILR.
See links below for further details.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 293#368293
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... /borninuk/
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

smoin
Newly Registered

Post by smoin » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:28 pm

alok_singh wrote:Hi,

Do you mean that for children born in UK there is no need to apply to ILR ?
Please explain a bit more on this. I am in the same situation.

Thanks
Alok

An information leaflet was provided along with the confirmation letter of ILR which stated in answer to FAQ 'What if I have a child born in UK':

" A chilld born to u in the UK since 1 jan 1983 who is not a british citizen may now be entitled to be registered as such a citizen and any child born to you while you reamin settled here maybe a Brtish citizen automatically at birth. However, you should note that, where the parents of a child have never been married to each other, British citizenship can only be derived from the mother."

Also please note i provided my Work permits along with other documents.

Daphne_ZA
Newly Registered

Post by Daphne_ZA » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi,

Firstly - Congratulations!!!

Could you let me know if you had to provide any P60's to support your application. I'm referring to the Home Office requiring proof that you were in the UK for 5 years, specifically working as a Work Permit Holder.

It seems many people are saying you MUST supply P60's, but I can't see anywhere in the Home Office requirements, actually asking for P60's. I would have thought the letter from employer would be sufficient.

smoin
Newly Registered

Post by smoin » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Daphne_ZA wrote:Hi,

Firstly - Congratulations!!!

Could you let me know if you had to provide any P60's to support your application. I'm referring to the Home Office requiring proof that you were in the UK for 5 years, specifically working as a Work Permit Holder.

It seems many people are saying you MUST supply P60's, but I can't see anywhere in the Home Office requirements, actually asking for P60's. I would have thought the letter from employer would be sufficient.

Thankyou. I did take my 3 original P60's and 1 duplicate plus HMRC letter but was not asked for it. I am not sure but it seems like from the 31st of Oct rules are changing regarding providing payslips as it may be compulsary so maybe provision of P60 maybe required in place of very old payslips but maybe the moderators can help you better. best of luck.