ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

attach job offer to my HSMP app or fax it after app

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gulgon

attach job offer to my HSMP app or fax it after app

Post by gulgon » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:58 pm

Dear friends,

Last week I attended an interview in the UK and was offered a job, and soon they will send me the offer letter. My question would look weird but anyway please comment :

I will apply in August, so should just attach the offer to the app or fax it later? I know that job offer accelerate the process.
If I attach it to my app, most probably no HSMP guy will notice the offer until a case worker starts working on that... So, is it best to fax the offer some time after sending my app?

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:02 am

I don't think job offer will be of any help to you. Since according to HSMP team

"If you have received an offer of employment and wish to request that your application be considered on an urgent basis, please fax the offer of employment to the HSMP team, under an explanatory cover. We will only give urgent consideration to applications that have been outstanding for a least six weeks. "

you did not apply for it till date so your offer letter won't do any good to you. Sorry to say that.

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:02 am

Gulgon,
I was in the same situation. I applied on 1st June and attached the offer letter to the application. But plan to fax the same to them by this week end as the 6 weeks get over today.
Mini

Sten

Post by Sten » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:35 am

Mini,

Please keep sharing your experience .. I guess many people consider this possibility and have an interest in it.
thanks !
Good luck !

gulgon

Post by gulgon » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:15 am

Thanks friends for helpful info. So what I will do is not attaching the offer letter and instead faxing it after 6 weeks will have passed... But meanwhile, I will attach two letters from recruitment companies which are as follows (I asked them to write) :

1)

Dear Sir/Madam,

I interviewed Mr. Fatih for prospective vacancies in the field of tax and customs consultancy in the UK in April 2004. I am willing to keep contact with him, since he has a significant working experience and certain qualifications that can be quite helpful in his search for a job in the UK, if he would be allowed to work in the UK by Highly Skilled Migrant Program (HSMP).

I believe that if he has the HSMP status, he will have chance in finding an administrative, managerial or consultancy job in the UK.

Best regards,

2) sorry I couldnt find the second one but it says smt like that :

We are in need of turkish speaking people from time to time and we have the difficulty to find skilled turkish people for such positions, therefore, I believe that Mr. Fatih will have good chance in finding work if he is given the status...

How do they sound? do they sound convincing about my chance to find a job in the UK? If helpful, other friends may also ask to get such letters indeed...

raoms
Member of Standing

fateh

Post by raoms » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:32 am

Mr. Fatih,
I suggest you to attach the offer letter now itself. And do not waste time, the processing of HSMP visa is delayed everyday. This is because too many applicants.
Also I would like to tell you that there is some fast/express service and if you have offer letter it should boost it further. I don't know about it in detail. Contact the host (www.workpermit.com)

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:27 pm

[quote="gulgon"]Thanks friends for helpful info. So what I will do is not attaching the offer letter and instead faxing it after 6 weeks will have passed... But meanwhile, I will attach two letters from recruitment companies which are as follows (I asked them to write) :

If I were in your place, I would fax them the job offer letter as soon the application has been received - you will know when you credit/debit card has been charged. In this way your application may be moved into the "process in 6 weeks" pile - if such a pile exists. Then follow it up six weeks later to ensure that your application is given priority.

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:21 am

Gulgon,
I attached th offer letter basically to prove my employability as I had no other letters from organisations or recruitment agencies of the kind that you have. You can safely attach the recruitment agencies letters that you have to the application pack and fax the offer letter on expiry of 6 weeks.

The only concern in my case is that the employment letter is w.e.f 1st August 2004 and if i fax it by 15th July, I may or may not be able to get to UK by 1st August. In such a scenario, even after getting fast track response from HO, i may end up not working for this orgn or maybe not working for months after landing in UK. Is anyone aware of any repercussions to this ?
Mini

Nat
Newly Registered

Post by Nat » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:32 pm

I attached th offer letter basically to prove my employability as I had no other letters from organisations or recruitment agencies

Mini, what do you mean? What kind of letter? If I fax the e-mails I received from HR agencies or some organizations that they will be glad to hearing from me once I establish in UK is there any chance for me to faster the application process?

simar

Post by simar » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:00 pm

Hi Nat,
I have attached interview offer letter with my application. It is basically a e-mail correspondence spans over 2-3 days. The potential employer asked me whether am I apply for job in other companies also/ open to relocation/ salary expectation/ when it is possible to give interview in UK. I told him my salary expectation & also told him I am open to relocation. Then he ask me to contact him as soon as I reach UK. I guess this email should qualify as interview offer. All the logo & contact of number his company were listed in signature type. So I guess hsmp people can check about the company & person . Also another correspondence with another company also I am showing. They want my on-line test. But I told them it will still take time ,for me to be in UK. They then said okay would wait. ( I guess I should have given the test & might get job offer)

Hi Mini , on the JOB offer letter , I would to know as how the interview was conducted & did you chaps get job offer courier to India from UK or offer letter comes through e-mail.
(By the way this weekend is going be waste as I am going to conduct interviews for my company.)

Sten

Post by Sten » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:04 pm

Nat, I am afraid herein has a place some misunderstanding between "prove of employability in HSMP application form" (expected employment) and "job offer what you send to speed up the process (real employment)" ...
Good luck !

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:53 pm

Simar,
I was in UK in the month of march and gave my interview etc then. I got a job offer on their letter head couriered to me in april which i attached with my application pack.

Nat,
Faster process is only done (and that too not in 100% cases) for job offers only. The recruitment agencies letters etc can only be used to demonstrate your employability to HO to convince them to grant you HSMP status.
Mini

Nat
Newly Registered

Post by Nat » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:24 am

Thank you all of you, Mini, Sten and Simar!

I sent together with my application all the recruitment agencies letters in order to demonstrate my employability, really.

I just thought that if there is a phrase in the recruitment email as "I would be more than happy to help you and to arrange for you job interviews once you land in the UK" could speed up the process. :) It is really not a job offer in fact...

Thank you once again!
And good luck to all of you! :)