ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice how to proceed chasing UKBA after six month timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Man_In_Barc

Advice how to proceed chasing UKBA after six month timeline

Post by Man_In_Barc » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:04 pm

Hi Forum ,

I would need advice how to chase UKBA once the six month timeline has passed.

I would finish my six month timeline in few weeks.
I am requesting advice if there is a legal directive for them to give information on the progress or process the application faster by assigning it to caseworker after six month period.I asssume it's still not assigned to a caseworker.

I am thinking of going in the below way

1.Shall i start of complaining of the length of the time it took ,Wait for the response.
2. Write to my MP.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:46 pm

Six month timeline? Are you referring to :-
We will try to complete our enquiries quickly, usually within six months, but sometimes it takes longer.
John

Man_In_Barc

Post by Man_In_Barc » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:23 pm

Yes i am referring to the same six month timeline.I have been in the country for more than ten years.Checks within the country shouldn't take that long.It's either few screens away on the computer or a few phone calls to other departments.

TahirMahmood
Newly Registered

Post by TahirMahmood » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:38 pm

I am in the same boat and my six months are over on 18th of October. Tried to ring and the number does not go through and hangs. Wrote a letter asking UKBA to update my application status. Now waiting. Contemplating what to do next. I am too in the country over 10 years now. No cirminal record, always paid full taxes...no conviction...2 residene address...not sure what to do....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:18 pm

You cannot complain against a self-perceived grievance!

Where does it state that:
1. UKBA must decide an application within 6 months.
2. UKBA must provide status update of an application if the application has not been decided within X months?
3. UKBA must follow FIFO policy, i.e. - decide on applications submitted earlier than others even if the necessary checks on such applications are not yet complete, and hold on to applications submitted later (than the ones(s) in question) for whom the checks have been successful.
Our service standards set out how quickly we aim to decide applications for British citizenship. The standard is that we will decide 95% of applications within six months.
As per the latest data published (Q1 2010 to Q1 2011), UKBA has been consistent in fulfilling the service targets for British citizenship applications (99%).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

TahirMahmood
Newly Registered

Post by TahirMahmood » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:53 pm

sushdmehta wrote:You cannot complain against a self-perceived grievance!

Where does it state that:
1. UKBA must decide an application within 6 months.
2. UKBA must provide status update of an application if the application has not been decided within X months?
3. UKBA must follow FIFO policy, i.e. - decide on applications submitted earlier than others even if the necessary checks on such applications are not yet complete, and hold on to applications submitted later (than the ones(s) in question) for whom the checks have been successful.
Our service standards set out how quickly we aim to decide applications for British citizenship. The standard is that we will decide 95% of applications within six months.
As per the latest data published (Q1 2010 to Q1 2011), UKBA has been consistent in fulfilling the service targets for British citizenship applications (99%).

1. What further checks they need if one is already in land for 10 years?
In today's world, these are just matter of few weeks, not months. If they are failed to have any checks, they should intimate the applicent after six months and any efforts/reminders they made to verify the checks.

2. UKBA cannot hold one's application indefinatly, without any valid reason, that too charing such hafty processing fee.

3. What about silly telephone answering that they cannot update our applicaiton status before 6 months, still no option or tranfer facility for those who have already gone up to six months.

Man_In_Barc

Post by Man_In_Barc » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:37 am

Progress enquiries

You do not need to contact us to check the progress of your application. We will contact you as soon as a decision has been made or if we require further information. Our staff cannot provide any information about your application if you applied less than 6 months ago.

For information about the progress of asylum cases submitted before March 2007, see our Asylum section.

They might give some update after six months.

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:08 am

Same here. Six months in a week's time. It would be helpful to know what to say to the HO in that letter or if its OK to write to them in the first place.

An explanation or a realistic timeline would be a lot more appreciated than this ambiguity.

I am a human being after all, and this has a direct impact on my life- severely stressed out.

Sushdmehta- Valid argument. I was advised by the NCS and HO (over the telephone) that I would know in under six months. I am not being imaptient, six months is a long time.

Going by the book, any advice on what to do now?

Camellia

Post by Camellia » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:34 pm

I would also appreciate some advice as it's now more than 7 months since my husband applied.

wezhira
Newly Registered

Post by wezhira » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi All,

My application is 5 months, 8 days gone. The problem is, you cannot complain. Hopefully I will not wait for a year for this to be processed. I was meant to go on holiday b4 end of year without bothering about visas. The bottom line is, some have to struggle for everything in life and some are served on silver platters.

Man_In_Barc

Post by Man_In_Barc » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:05 pm

I have hired a solicitor to make a complaint on my behalf and is charging 250£.Not sure if it's value for money.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:07 pm

Man_In_Barc wrote:I have hired a solicitor to make a complaint on my behalf and is charging 250£.Not sure if it's value for money.
well done!! many ppl have talked about this, good to see you taking the initiative... i am after the gossip, what's solicitor's view? does he beleive writting to them will speed up the process?

You could possibly be setting up a trend here!

Will Singh
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Will Singh » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:44 am

shs213 wrote:
Man_In_Barc wrote:I have hired a solicitor to make a complaint on my behalf and is charging 250£.Not sure if it's value for money.
well done!! many ppl have talked about this, good to see you taking the initiative... i am after the gossip, what's solicitor's view? does he beleive writting to them will speed up the process?

I'd be interested to know too, I see a time line on this forum recently where someone sent the application via a solicitor and got the approval in 5 weeks!!! So maybe using a solicitor does speed things up.. be interesting to see what happens.

TahirMahmood
Newly Registered

Post by TahirMahmood » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:18 am

Please keep us updated as it will help lot of us. I am prepared to wait for few more day as I have sent about two weeks back.

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:43 pm

shs213 wrote:

Please don't get all excited and start giving people the wrong idea. Man_in_Barc has been waiting for six months, so its understandable if he writes to the HO.

Most applicants are getting their decisions within the advised time frame (3-6 months). There is no point or need to write to the HO before six months is past.

This is exactly what happened with the call centre, everyone went on a "trend" and phoned them every week which resulted in HO denying to entertain any calls before 6 months is past.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:49 pm

Sam_London wrote: Please don't get all excited and start giving people the wrong idea. Man_in_Barc has been waiting for six months, so its understandable if he writes to the HO.
duh Sam! we are ALL aware & understand he's been waiting for 6 months...
Sam_London wrote: Most applicants are getting their decisions within the advised time frame (3-6 months). There is no point or need to write to the HO before six months is past.
I certainly wasn't planning to!
Sam_London wrote: This is exactly what happened with the call centre, everyone went on a "trend" and phoned them every week which resulted in HO denying to entertain any calls before 6 months is past.
in percentage terms there are few but in absolute terms there are lot of people waiting for 6+ months, so the outcome of this claim will help those who are waiting and can follow the same process... makes sense?

Camellia

Post by Camellia » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:21 pm

Have any of you waiting more than 6 months heard anything from UKBA?

Man_In_Barc

Post by Man_In_Barc » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:53 am

Still waiting to hear from them after having written to UKBA.

Camellia

Post by Camellia » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:10 pm

Man_In_Barc wrote:Still waiting to hear from them after having written to UKBA.
Would you mind sharing to what address did you send the letter?

Man_In_Barc

Post by Man_In_Barc » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:39 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ndtheform/

But either the department or PO box not the same on the letter written by my solicitor. I will come back on this once i ve checked at home.

TahirMahmood
Newly Registered

Post by TahirMahmood » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:01 pm

I am too waiting applied in April....letter/reminder posted on 18th of October after completing my six months and no reply so far...again sent an email to update me from the processing on 11 Nov but nothing so far...It is just becoming rediculous....

Man_In_Barc

Post by Man_In_Barc » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:12 pm

UKBA
NW Region – Nationality Team
PO Box 306
Dept. 110
Liverpool
L2 0QN
That's the address Camellia.

Tahir, Be patient give couple of weeks then you fight with UKBA to get it.If you think you definitely deserve decision from them then you start fighting.My fight starts next Jan ,atleast i have waited eight months.

Camellia

Post by Camellia » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:06 pm

Man_In_Barc wrote:UKBA
NW Region – Nationality Team
PO Box 306
Dept. 110
Liverpool
L2 0QN
That's the address Camellia.
Thank you.