ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit Holder- Inviting parents for short visit

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sukh
Newly Registered

Work Permit Holder- Inviting parents for short visit

Post by sukh » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:13 am

Hi All,
I am a dependent visa holder and my wife is a work permit holder.I entered in UK on student visa in the year 2002 and my wife entered as a student dependent in the year 2003 but she converted her visa into a work permit in the year2005 and which is valid till 2007. We also owened property with a approx value of £300,000, now we are planning to invite our parents on short visit so please can someone guide us about relevant documents and owning a property is a plus point or negative.We both are working full time and my parents are also working in India.please guide us ? Thanks

JAJ
Australia

Re: Work Permit Holder- Inviting parents for short visit

Post by JAJ » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:26 am

Assuming your parents have Indian passports, they should start at http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk for visa requirements.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:17 pm

Hi,

A good place to start is always http://www.ukinindia.com for information about visa / documentation etc. in India.

All you need to do is send them a letter (addressed to the ECO of the BHC where visa application will be made) stating that your parents are visiting you in UK and will be staying with you at your home. Send a copy of property papers just to make the case stronger.

As you said your parents are economically active / earning, I am sure they will able to show savings for a "self-sponsored" trips, but if you wish to sponser their trip financially, then you'll have to send bank account statements and salary slips to cover 3-6 months. A copy of employment contract is also a good supporting document in this case.

If your parents are employed with an organization, they might need to get a letter from their company to show that their leave (for travel to UK) has been sanctioned by the organization.

regards

vivekR

Friends

Post by vivekR » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:03 pm

Hi There,

I had posted this site. Hope this helps.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

davestubradford
Newly Registered

Post by davestubradford » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:15 pm

Also include a copy of your visa and your wife's visa, ensure you produce the a copy of those visas you travelled to the United Kingdom on and a copy of all HO extensions.

Produce a copy of your property papers.

Send a simple invitation letter inviting your parents.

If you're funding their trip you will need to provide bank statements for I would assume the previous three months.

Good luck :D