ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for ILR on 5. Did I have to supply all P60s

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GSOtodd

Applied for ILR on 5. Did I have to supply all P60s

Post by GSOtodd » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:15 pm

I sent in the letter from my employer stating that I had been working there for five years, and what my current salary is,and that I was still needed. IT also said for them to contact my employer should there be further questions. I also supplied my last P60, my last 3 pay stubs, Life in UK test, and last three bank documents.

Did I have to supply all P60s? If so, should I go ahead and send them to the Home Office with a cover letter? Would they flat out reject my application if I didn't have P60s or would they send me a letter asking me to supply further evidence that I was employed for five years and paying taxes.
Andy

Daphne_ZA
Newly Registered

Post by Daphne_ZA » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:37 pm

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue, although I haven't submitted my application yet. I haven't seen in any Home Office documentation/articles/rules/etc that they specifically request that applicants submit their P60's. They simply want you to prove that you have been working according as a Work Permit holder for 5 years. I was under the impression that the employers letter and 3 months payslips would be sufficient.

Only after having read various forums did I notice people went through the trouble of providing P60's, and even if this was missing, to contact HMRC for a Tax history for 5 years, or to provide all the payslips making up that period. It seems excessive. (although to be fair.. rather safe than sorry when it comes to the Home Office!)

Keen to see what people reply to your post... I'm hoping P60's aren't necessary.

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Re: Applied for ILR on 5. Did I have to supply all P60s

Post by khalidmirza » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:28 am

GSOtodd wrote:I sent in the letter from my employer stating that I had been working there for five years, and what my current salary is,and that I was still needed. IT also said for them to contact my employer should there be further questions. I also supplied my last P60, my last 3 pay stubs, Life in UK test, and last three bank documents.

Did I have to supply all P60s? If so, should I go ahead and send them to the Home Office with a cover letter? Would they flat out reject my application if I didn't have P60s or would they send me a letter asking me to supply further evidence that I was employed for five years and paying taxes.
I feel that you should have studied the forum and learnt from the experiences of members. I suggest that you should send P60 for all years or as many as you have.ASAP. Or you can send HMRC tax history for 5 years or your pay slips and bank statements. I am not sure which visa you have but in my opinion it will help sending theses documents. You may get ILR without these documents but requirement is that for 5 years you have been economically active. Employer letter is not as authenticated as HMRC documents

Daphne_ZA
Newly Registered

Re: Applied for ILR on 5. Did I have to supply all P60s

Post by Daphne_ZA » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:57 am

khalidmirza wrote:
GSOtodd wrote: You may get ILR without these documents but requirement is that for 5 years you have been economically active. Employer letter is not as authenticated as HMRC documents
The requirement for being economically active relates to Tier 1 applications only, and not to Tier 2 applications, as the applicant is restricted to working for the employer stated on his work permit document. Tier 1 does not have this restriction, and so needs to support his application with proof that he/she has been in employment (and paying taxes).

akash08

Post by akash08 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:05 pm

I strongly trust P60 is not mandatory.. it used be 2-3 years back and people still have not forgotten that rule.

it is a weird case - everyone seems to be worried about P60 when it is not required by the policy.

Can anyone show a policy statement to prove that what I am saying is wrong?

Happylittlevegemite
Newly Registered

Post by Happylittlevegemite » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:07 am

Recently received ILR from Croydon after being at the same company for 5 years on a WP. I did not provide P60s, nor was I asked for them. I had a letter from my employer stating I'd worked with them for 5 years (or v close to) and provided my last three pay slips, along with the other details and docs requested.

My salary was over the standard rate for the full 5 years for what it's worth. I don't know if they sometimes need to check that but I certainly wasn't asked about it.