ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question for the experts - WP->T1G->ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ozgrant

Question for the experts - WP->T1G->ILR

Post by ozgrant » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:01 pm

I think I have a complicated 5 years. I was here on a work permit in year 1. The "employer" was a government department for which my company (based outside the EU) had a services contract with. I was still employed and paid by that company, and NOT the UK Gov dept, even though it was the gov dept listed as employer on the work permit. After year 1, my company set up a UK entity and I transferred my work permit to them. Reading back through the work permit rules it seems like it was ok to still be paid from overseas, but I am really worried that it was not done strictly according to the rules and I will not be able to prove that I was here meeting all the immigration requirements.

Reading back through the Work Permit Guidance from 2006, it says this: "if the person is being transferred from an overseas parent or subsidiary branch of your company or is being seconded to you from an overseas company, it may be appropriate for the overseas contract of employment to continue but it should nevertheless be clear that there is an employer/employee relationship between the UK-based company and the person."

I wasn't involved in the process at the time, so I can't be sure what was said in the application form.

Does anyone have any similar experience?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:20 pm

Was this work permit or representative of overseas business?

ozgrant

Post by ozgrant » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:21 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Was this work permit or representative of overseas business?
It was a work permit.