ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit for extended family or visitor's visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

katka1311

EEA family permit for extended family or visitor's visa

Post by katka1311 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:54 pm

Hi all,
could you please advise me, I am about to invite my non EEA father in law to the uk, where I would like him to stay with us at least 6-12 months. I am wondering which is the best way to invite him. Can he apply for the EEA family permit as an extended family member, or rather he should apply for the visitor's visa. Both of us, husb and and myself are working full time and my husband just recieved his residence card. Should he be the one who invites or me..as an eea national.
How to estabilish the dependency, since it is a condition while applying for the EEA permit. My father in law owns a house, but not working, since his 4 sons are supporting him with irregular payments...I mean we cannot show that we send him money monthly, but we all take care of him and my mother in law. Could you please advise which is the best way to get him here? If he would apply for the 2 year visitor visa , what is the max amount of time he can stay at once? Thank you.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:27 pm

It appears his is not dependent on you therefore an application to visit under the UK immigration rules is appropriate. If granted, ironically by proving his non-dependance on you and motivation to leave the UK to return home, it will be issued for six months. If he applies for a long-term visit visa (2, 5 10 yrs) he is, nevertheless, restricted to spending no more than 6 out of 12 months per year in the UK.