ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) Success Croydon - WP (321 absences)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

san14
Newly Registered

SET(O) Success Croydon - WP (321 absences)

Post by san14 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi All,

Thank you everyone on the blog who have supported me by providing feedbacks and information on ILR.

I appled for ILR yesterday. My appointment was at 12:45PM and I was in the Home Office at 12PM. I have to wait until 2:45PM before my token number was called.

The officer asked for following docs -

1. Application and payment slip
2. Life in the UK certificate (me and spouse)
3. P60 for 5 yrs and salary slips
4. Proof of Cohabitation (3 yrs council tax letters)
5. Letter from the employer on COP
6. Letter from the employer for my business trips. I was away from UK for 321 days in 5 yrs on busienss trips.

I was called in 20mins (max. 25mins) and was told that my application is successful and I have to wait for additional 30 mins (max) to get my passport.

Once again thank you all.

Happy New Year.

San14

malepiscean
United Kingdom

Re: SET(O) Success Croydon - WP

Post by malepiscean » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:48 pm

san14 wrote:I was away from UK for 321 days in 5 yrs on busienss trips.
Congratulations! A few questions around absences:

1) All the 321 days were on business trips?
2) Were there any unpaid vacation-absences?
3) What documentation did you provide to support the business trips? Was each and every trip endorsed on it?
4) Did you provide all the dates for each and every trip?
5) Were there any questions asked / comments made around absences?
6) Did the case worker tally all trips with their systems?

Many thanks in advance.
Last edited by malepiscean on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geek1981

Post by geek1981 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Hi San14

Did your dependent attend the appointment? OR just have to submit docs on behalf?

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:56 pm

san14 - have modified the subject title to highlight the immigration category and absences.

geek1981, this question has been answered multiple times for you. The number of times you ask the question will not change the answer / policy - that in context of a settlement application, dependants are not required to attend the appointment.
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geek1981

Post by geek1981 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:00 pm

Hi sushdmehta

the reason i asked this again is because I'm a bit nervous abt my upcoming appointment. I got a reminder from UKBA saying dependents will have to attend:
Number of attendees (including yourself): 2

Checklist

* Arrive 30 minutes before your appointment. You will need this time for security checks.
* Bring all the dependants booked into this appointment.
* Do not bring anyone else; they will not be seen.
* Bring a printout of this page or your confirmation email.
* Bring your completed form.
* If you have not already paid, bring a means of payment.
* Bring your supporting documents. See your application form and guidance notes for details.
* If you are unable to attend, please cancel your appointment. If you originally made your appointment on our website, log in to UKBA Online. Otherwise, call the contact centre on 08706067766.

Thanks!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:01 pm

And you have been told multiple times that it is not required!! Everyone gets the same response from UKBA .. but do not necessarily take their dependant(s) to the PEO.

The auto responder / generic response from UKBA does not take into account the type of application one is making. A dependant is required to attend when biometric enrolment is required - and in settlement application there is no biometric enrolment.

Hope this clarifies .. for good.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

san14
Newly Registered

Post by san14 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:08 pm

Hi There,

Thank you!

1) All the 321 days were on business trips?
Reply:-215 business trips & 106 holidays outside UK.

2) Were there any unpaid vacation-absences?
Reply:- None.

3) What documentation did you provide to support the business trips? Was each and every trip endorsed on it?
Reply:- I submitted the letter signed by my employer. The letter contains information about my job profile, reason for business trips outside UK & annexure of all the business trips and personal trips which are in consistant with maintaining employment in the UK. You can find this letter on this blog.

4) Did you provide all the dates for each and every trip?
Reply:- Yes.

5) Were there any questions asked / comments made around absences?
Reply:- Not a single question. Just they asked me do I have a letter from my employer on my business trips, so I provided them with the letter and the annexure of all my business and personal trips.

It is a very straight forward process. All you need is the letter from the employer mentioning that you need to travel on business trips to other countries.

There was one person next to me who used to travel 5 times in the month and even he got the ILR.

Kind regards

San14

malepiscean
United Kingdom

Post by malepiscean » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Thanks San14 - this is very helpful. Just one last bit, did you notice the Case Worker verifying the details of each and every trip with their system(s)?

san14
Newly Registered

Post by san14 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:41 pm

Yes - He was ticking what I have provided to him. But I can't be sure if he checked 100% of it or not. However in their system they have information about our entry in UK.

In the absence sheet which I provided to Home Office I also mentiond Page # where they can find the entry and exit stamps on my passport.

Just try to make their life easy and in turn your application process will be easy.

maninuk02
Newly Registered

Post by maninuk02 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:52 pm

congrats.
may i ask you how many business trips did you have in the last five years and how many days for the longest single trip?
many thanks.

san14
Newly Registered

Post by san14 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:32 pm

Hi There,

Thank you!

Total Business Trips - 15

Longest Trip - 61 days to India which has 40 days of business trips and 21 days holidays. In my application I did show them as breakdown between business and Vacation supported by employer letter.

Thanks

San14

maninuk02
Newly Registered

Post by maninuk02 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:25 pm

thank you for the reply.

farah

Post by farah » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:18 pm

san14 wrote:

There was one person next to me who used to travel 5 times in the month and even he got the ILR.

There is no upper limit of job related absences. Frequent short absences rather adds to credibility.

farah

Post by farah » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:38 am

san14 wrote:
Longest Trip - 61 days to India which has 40 days of business trips and 21 days holidays. In my application I did show them as breakdown between business and Vacation supported by employer letter.

From above it is evident that a given trip may have both compnent of business trip and holidays. Hence entry in SET(O) can be made by giving 2 separate reason in the last column which as under:

Date left Uk Date returned to UK Reason for absence