ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I enter UK with old employer's visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abcd1

Can I enter UK with old employer's visa?

Post by abcd1 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:01 pm

I used to work for company A under WP.
I recently joined in company B who successfully got new WP for me.

However, I am yet to apply for the FLR under new WP. But I need to travel to my home country urgently.

Can I re-enter under the visa of my old WP? In my new WP letter, they say I have 6 months at least for applying FLR under new WP.

Thanks.

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:36 am

I'm sure that someone will be along to correct me if I'm wrong.
It seems to me that there's a world of difference between having a "grace period" to ease the transition from one employer to another, while you remain in UK, and what you are proposing. Surely, entering the UK on a visa originally issued for your job with a different employer cannot be right?
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:43 am

I think this a bit of a grey area. Clearly the IND have issued instructions that anyone issued with a new in-country immigration employment document for a work permit may start their new job using their existing FLR from their previous employment as long as they apply for their new FLR before 6 months have passed or their current FLR expires , whichever comes first. This has been in-place for some time because of the length of time involved in obtaining FLR.

However it's not clear from the guidance given whether or not the person may leave and reenter the UK on this leave.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.