ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EXTENSION/DEPENDANTS QUESTION FOR JOHN (MODERATOR)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alex2000

EXTENSION/DEPENDANTS QUESTION FOR JOHN (MODERATOR)

Post by alex2000 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:02 pm

Will apprecciate if Moderator John can advise me on the following:

My one year HSMP visa will expire in about 45 days. I am in the UK alone because my dependants were refused entry clearance in my home country shortly after i got mine. The appeal was decided in our favour about three weeks ago.

The advice required is the best way to proceed with the extension viz-a-viz the entry of my dependants. My extension case can be considered as marginal as i do not have a job in my HSMP profession and only started a temporary job last week of August. I however have evidence of active job search and about £2,200 savings. My dependants have about £8,000 cash in my home country excluding proposed sale of assets that can fetch about £4,000.

What i regard as the best proposal for us is for the Overseas mission to issue my dependants the EC (based on the successful appeal), they come in and i apply for their extension with mine. Then i do not have to pay fresh fees for Entry clearance in my home country and only single extention fee -£335 - for everybody. Is this feasible? Are there more realistic proposal i should consider or statutory issues i have not considered?

Thank you.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:09 am

It really is not a good idea to pose your question in this way. It discourages others from looking a topic, and there are lots of knowledgeable people who look at this Board.
What i regard as the best proposal for us is for the Overseas mission to issue my dependants the EC (based on the successful appeal), they come in and i apply for their extension with mine. Then i do not have to pay fresh fees for Entry clearance in my home country and only single extension fee -£335 - for everybody. Is this feasible? Are there more realistic proposal i should consider or statutory issues i have not considered?
That I think is exactly how it needs to happen. Your dependents will hopefully now get visas in their passports, the expiry date of which will match the expiry date of your visa. Then at the appropriate time you would apply for your extension, and add their details to the application form.
John

alex2000

Post by alex2000 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:31 am

John,

Thank you for the response. I really appreciate.

With respect to the first part of yur comment, if the format of my question is against the rules of this forum, i tender an apology but if not then my comment is that i appreciate the risk of the peculiar format of the question and take responsibility for it as it was a well thought out decision to follow that format.

Thank you and God bless.

ALEX

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:52 am

With respect to the first part of yur comment, if the format of my question is against the rules of this forum, i tender an apology
It isn't against the rules, but wording the subject of a public message in such a way to limit the number of people who might look at that topic or answer a query detracts from your ability to get answers from the knowledgeable people who read this Board.
John

alex2000

Post by alex2000 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:07 pm

. . . but the latter part of my previous post has addressed that concern . . .

ALEX

sanjay_ioc
Newly Registered

hello....

Post by sanjay_ioc » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:40 pm

i applied for hsmp extension on 12th aug. and received reference number letter 28st august 2006. dated 21st auguat 2006. i am still waiting for the result and document. i tried to contact on 01142076016 , but line is continously busy and my visa is getting expiered on 18th oct 06. Pls. can anyone give me the timeline of receiving the documents back and if there is any other contact no. to contact them. thank u

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:57 pm

my visa is getting expiered on 18th oct 06
No it isn't! You have the benefit of "Section 3C". I shall explain.

If someone already has a visa and applies in the UK before the expiry date of the old visa, for another visa, if the application is not dealt with by the stated expiry date of the old visa, then that old visa is "treated as continuing", until the application for the new visa is dealt with, and indeed, if the application is rejected, until such time as the time for appealing against that rejected has expired.

So sanjay_ioc, stop panicking! Do appreciate that you will not suddenly become an overstayer on 19th October, even if you have not heard the result of the application by then.
John

Don13
Newly Registered

Post by Don13 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:53 am

Dear John,

What I understood is that visa on the passport is one issue which is your right to stay in the UK, and getting HSMP approval is a different department who deals with applications from across the globe.

So if it is possible to stay back in UK even after the visa expires on grounds of application pending for HSMP legally, then will it be the duty of the candidate to inform the HO about the application under consideration or is the information interlinked. Do we have any reference to HO website on the issue.

I have been approved HSMP, got ILR for two years recently. I am enquiring this for one of my friend who is about to graduate in Dec 2006, and will be making HSMP application then and his student visa will expire in Jan 2007. So will he be alright staying back waiting for HSMP decision as the waiting time is a bit longer than his permited time on his passport. Your kind guidance will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Don13

Don13
Newly Registered

Post by Don13 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:03 am

Dear John,

I am sorry for misreading the post, I understand that previous post which you addressed was for HSMP extension.

My doubt is regarding HSMP application not for HSMP extension. Is there any remedy for the case I mentioned about my friend who is willing to apply from the UK. and willling to wait for the HSMP decision in-country, he is having very less permitted stay after getting his degree, as he is about to graduate in Dec 2006, and student visa expiring in Jan 2007. Do you recommend to make application from here and go back to home country before valid visa expires and then obtain entry clearance or is there any remedy to stay back and sort out every thing here.

Regards,

Don13