ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied For Spouse Visa But Overstayed Working Holiday Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

**Dave777**
Newly Registered

Applied For Spouse Visa But Overstayed Working Holiday Visa

Post by **Dave777** » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:12 pm

Hi,

Firstly I would like to apologise if I'm posting this in a section where it doesn't belong but I'm new to this forum, but have heard and read good things about the assistance that's gained from here.

Ok so here goes my situation is as follows, I am a 28 year old South African male who was working in UK from 2008 May and was due to leave on the 15th of May 2010 but I overstayed my working holiday visa by 7 months as I was applying for teaching jobs in Saudi Arabia and was promised a position there, I was told by the agent I could leave directly from UK but later found I couldn't after being dragged along for a few months, my girlfriend at the time also applied and left directly from th UK in January 2011 I left for South Africa on the 31st of Dec 2010 arrived in S.A a day later and applied for my Saudi work visa to join my lady in Saudi I arrived there in Feb 2010.

We continued our relationship as a couple and then due to security reasons in the region as well as finding it really unpleasant to stay in such a boring place my lady returned to South africa as she has dual nationality to visit friends and family as well as await my return, I also had resigned from work to join her in Cape Town I arrived on the 4th of October we were married on the 12th and decided to return to UK to continue our lives as a married couple, I have made the app for a spouse visa on the 28th of October with all the relevant documents.

Marriage certificate
Proof of funds
Letter from my brother in uk confirming accommodation
Photos with my lady and my family, my self as well
3 page letter explaining my overstay and our relationship
Copies of mine and my wife's Saudi employment visa
Copies of our passports
Payment for the visa of R10935 (£870) +/-

Also explained that my wife doesn't have much ties in South Africa as she has been a 12yr UK resident with no immediate family in South Africa as well, she holds a British passport .

I am aware that under 320 7B spouse visa isn't affected by an overstay but I'm human and its bothering, and I haven't had a decant nights rest since I handed the app in a few days ago.

P.s our marriage is legit and we have sent through as much proof and explanations as possible but my wife doesn't exactly reside in SA all her family as well as some of mine are back in the UK.

All help will be much appreciated.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:36 pm

You say proof of funds without elaborating. I assume you know the requirements and can meet those with an on-going income and/or savings or third party support? You are right not worry about 320 7B ( because of 320 7C) and the only thing that may crop up is something that aggravated your overstay as covered in 320 11. If I can assume you are confident that there is nothing there that might be relevant, you should have no problems.

peewee
Newly Registered

Re: Applied For Spouse Visa But Overstayed Working Holiday V

Post by peewee » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:36 pm

hi just wanted to say best of luck with the application as my husband (south african) and i are in pretty much the same situation as you! he just applied today in durban and i'm back in UK desperately hoping he's here before christmas!