ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statment difficulties

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Wardlisting24
inactive

Bank statment difficulties

Post by Wardlisting24 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:54 pm

Hi,

I've just posted my psw application on 27th Oct, 2011 ( Royal Mail Special Delivery). Anyway i've included my psw letter from uni and final transcript as per the requirements. but what i'm worried about is my maintenance documents. as it was not possible to get my hands on proper posted bank statements (Lloyds TSB) before 30th Oct (day when my student visa expires). i had just provided a letter from the bank confirming that £800 has been on my account for the last 3 months.the letter is dated on 26th Oct, it is on the bank's letterhead paper, not stamped but signed, includes my account number, sort code and i think i remember seeing the account name (first name initial and last name) on the letter though not too sure. is this fine or could there be any problem. i'm really worried and panicking. can someone please advise!

thanks x

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:06 pm

Letter from bank confirming funds and that they have been in the bank for a consecutive 90 day period, ending no more than one calendar month before the date of application:
The letter from a bank or building society should show:
• the applicant’s name;
• the account number;
• the date of the letter;
• the fi nancial institution’s name and logo;
• the funds held in the applicant’s
account;
• that the funds of £800 have been in the bank for at least a consecutive 90 day period on and immediately before the date of the letter.
The letter must be dated no more than one calendar month before the date of application. All statements must be on the bank’s letterhead/official stationery. We will not accept letters which show the balance in the account on a particular day as these documents do not show that the
applicant holds enough funds for the full period needed.

Source: Tier 1 (General) Guidance

Wardlisting24
inactive

Post by Wardlisting24 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:43 pm

ScopeD wrote:
account;

hi. could you please explain a tiny little thing here. my bank letter confirmed that i had a minimum of £800.79 held in my bank account for the last three months. it also included my current balance at that time which was way above £800.

however, i am worried because i had asked the lady at the bank to break down the funds held in the account for the last three months to avoid confusion. she said that was unnecessary and said my letter was sufficient. but still i've that worry left. could some one please know if this is fine or not

update: i've received acknowledgement letter from UKBA on 2nd November, dated 31st November. I'm worried now because according to the timetables in cases of most in this site. I should've received my bio-metrics invitation on the 5th of november, or latest today on 7th. Is it possible that the exact timeline is not maintained? i'm so worried! can someone advise that too?

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:27 pm

raihanatul.jannat wrote:
ScopeD wrote:
account;

hi. could you please explain a tiny little thing here. my bank letter confirmed that i had a minimum of £800.79 held in my bank account for the last three months. it also included my current balance at that time which was way above £800.

however, i am worried because i had asked the lady at the bank to break down the funds held in the account for the last three months to avoid confusion. she said that was unnecessary and said my letter was sufficient. but still i've that worry left. could some one please know if this is fine or not

update: i've received acknowledgement letter from UKBA on 2nd November, dated 31st November. I'm worried now because according to the timetables in cases of most in this site. I should've received my bio-metrics invitation on the 5th of november, or latest today on 7th. Is it possible that the exact timeline is not maintained? i'm so worried! can someone advise that too?
Do not wait for the letter... book if you have email invite, asap. You can give biom without the letter. My letter never arrived, yet my visa has been issued and is on way to me.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:35 am

what is this "email invite" you speak of? genuinely curious

thanks

Wardlisting24
inactive

Post by Wardlisting24 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:15 am

ahh i have no such 'e-mail invite'

fibreman

Post by fibreman » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:28 pm

arsenal49 wrote:what is this "email invite" you speak of? genuinely curious

thanks
In the app form I gave them my email, and that email invite gave me my case no, and link to book appointment online.

Also, it said a letter would come by post, for which I should wait. In the end I
booked just with my case no, no letter. It was ok going there without the letter.