ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MCS from Pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cmyaseen

MCS from Pakistan

Post by cmyaseen » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:37 am

Hi every body

Is it necessary tht bachelor nd master should both be in the same field/course or it can be different ? like if someone have his graduation in Arts( BA 2 years) but Master n computer science(2 years) then will he be able to get 15 points or not?

second is there need to send degrees nd transciprts of both (Graduation and master) or only Master's is enough ??

plz must reply abt it.
thanks

bhatti
Newly Registered

Post by bhatti » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:16 am

cmyaseen!
It does not make difference if your B.a and M.A. are in differenct disciplines. But essentially, your M.A. should be from recognized university(approved from Higher education commission of Pakistan). then you will be awarded 15 marks.

Shazia
Newly Registered

Post by Shazia » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:27 am

Yaseen!
I agree with Bhatti! further more you pl check following link. It will help you a lot....
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=10006

cmyaseen

Post by cmyaseen » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:28 am

thanks bhatti for ur kind reply

I did BA from Punjab University and MCS from Alkhair University (AJK) Lahore campus (degree is attested from HEC and Foreign Affair),

Will they give me points of degree frm Alkhair University ? I ve confusion of this bcz some body was telling me tht they dont give points of degrees frm Alkhair, but it s reconganized frm HEC and also foreign Affairs of Pakistan.

plz tell me abt this.
thanks

pateketu

Post by pateketu » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:24 pm

I don't agree. My Bachelors is in Civil engg from India and M.S in Comp. Info. Sys. from a US university both of them are recognized university.

NARIC did not consider my M.S as UK equivalent as they said that Master's degree demonstrates further specialization in the field of your undergraduate.

I argued with them as I had to take an extra semester of Computer classes to get into M.S Comp. Info. Sys., but still NARIC did not agree.

At the end I still submitted my HSMP application claiming 25 points, I have no idea if 25 points were actually awarded or not but I got my HSMP approval so I don’t care :P

bhatti
Newly Registered

Post by bhatti » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:10 am

cmyaseen!
It is very difficult to say it with full responsibility whether your Al-Khair degree will be honoured or not by HSMP team till a person does not have personel experience, or at least some presedence, about this.

any how several Alkhair graduates have successfully gotten their qualifications accessed from australian computers society (ACS) and, atleast one example I know,from Newzealand qualifications accessing authority.

apparantely there is no reason that you will not be awardered your Msc marks. But ,again, without personel experience it is very difficult to advise anything.
when you are going to spend lot of money on HSMP application! why you do't spend some more in advance and get NARIC report? You will be secured, risk free and at very initial stage you will be knowing about your position?

Moreover I would request you to contact with Mrs khan through mail or PM. On this board, she is most adept on issue of Pakistani qualifications....

cmyaseen

Post by cmyaseen » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:02 pm

thanks Mr Bhatti for ur detail reply nd of suggestions.

I will contact to Mrs Khan for more detail.

i ve one mor question that

I m working n saudia nd on my salary slips, there s written only basic salary as company s providing me accomodation, food nd transport. Same basic salary is being transfered to the bank.

But the Salary Certificate tht i got frm employer is of Gross salary, so for HSMP which salary will be considered Basic salary tht s on salary slips or Gross tht s on Salary Certificate ??? (there s no other prove of gross salary).

plz also reply me of this

thanks alot