ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrsi

naturalisation help

Post by mrsi » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:26 pm

hi
1) i have few questions i came to Uk on 1st november 2008 on spouse of a british citizen got my ILR issued 23rd November 2010 i am planning to apply for naturalisation can i apply from 1st november 2011 or do i have to apply after 23rd november 2011 .

2)since you have to give 5 years residential address i have been here for 3 years in Uk and do i have to mention remaining 2 years of my home town address?

3)i do not know where do i get reference from about my application isit possible to get reference for application done through my GP even though i have been registered with her for only 2 years as i changed my Gp

thankyou for answers in advance i would be glad if any1 could reply to all these three questions
regards,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:31 pm

1. On or after 01-Nov-2011.
2. Your application is based on 3 years' qualifying residential period, and not 5.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:55 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. On or after 01-Nov-2011.
2. Your application is based on 3 years' qualifying residential period, and not 5.
But in An form question

1.17 Please provide your addresses for the past five years. (Continue on page 13 if necessary)

it doesnt ask 3 years seperate for spouse catagory

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:24 pm

Do mention details of address(es) overseas - though these will have no relevance to your application as spouse of a British citizen.

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:08 pm

i am about to apply for naturalisation for 3 years spouse based . i need clarfication on few points on AN form do i have to tick all of these as i do not understand point 6.6

6.2 I confirm that I have read and understood the Guide AN and the Booklet AN
6.3 I confirm that I have enclosed the appropriate naturalisation fee and payment slip
6.4* I confirm that I have enclosed the appropriate documents
6.5 I understand that a certificate of citizenship may be withdrawn if it is found to have been obtained
by fraud, false representation or concealment of any material fact, or if on the basis of my conduct
the Home Secretary considers it to be conducive to the public good.
6.6 *I declare that, although I do not meet all of the statutory requirements for naturalisation, I believe
that, in view of the following special circumstances, the Home Secretary should treat me as fulfilling
those requirements or waive the need in my case to fulfil them.

kindly explain point 6.6 as i have checked rest of them but i do not understand point 6.6 if i leave this unchecked it wouldnt be acceptd

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:10 pm

If you meet the requirements for spouses and civil partners, then you do not need to check / tick 6.6.

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:14 pm

sushdmehta wrote:If you meet the requirements for spouses and civil partners, then you do not need to check / tick 6.6.
thankyou for your reply i appreciate it

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:18 am

hi can anyone help me with this i have been going through one forum and it says if you are spouse of british citizen and after spending 12 complete months of ILR than you can apply for naturalisation unless descretion which i do not get

as my case is kind of similar i came to uk as spouse in 1st november 2008
got my ilr november 23rd 2010 now i want to apply for citizen i got appointment with nationality checking service on 3rd november since my 12 months after ilr is not complete can i apply for citizen ship after 1st november or do i have to wait until 23rd ? my 3 years in this coountry is already completed on 1st november kindly help with this one thankyou

aa123

Post by aa123 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:10 pm

Your 3 years is on the 1st Nov 2011 so you are fine.

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Thankyou to everyone helping
also have few questions i got nationality checking appointment on 3rd november so i need to clear few points for AN Form

1 .it says on form Tax office address or tax reference where can i get this from?is this my tax office address or my employers? i do not have my p60 as it had previous job addresses so how am i suppose to find this ?

2 i came into this country on 1st november 2008 but for 2 days until 3rd november2008 i stayed around my inlaws house than from 3rd november 2008 i got my tenancy agreement and shifted to the current house since than do i have to mention those 2 days i stayed around my inalws address? or shall i just mention this address and start date from 3rd november wont they take notice high commission for those 2 days?

3--last questions since my naturalisation is based on spouse of british citizen what documents can i take to Nationality checking service ?
only passport of myself and my wife? is there any other document they can ask ?

thankyou everyone again for helping its a great place

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:50 pm

mrsi wrote:1 .it says on form Tax office address or tax reference where can i get this from?is this my tax office address or my employers? i do not have my p60 as it had previous job addresses so how am i suppose to find this ?
Your tax office. If you got letters from HMRC (tax code notice for example), it should have it on it. If you can't find it, leave it blank. The HO can find it out if they wish.
2 i came into this country on 1st november 2008 but for 2 days until 3rd november2008 i stayed around my inlaws house than from 3rd november 2008 i got my tenancy agreement and shifted to the current house since than do i have to mention those 2 days i stayed around my inalws address? or shall i just mention this address and start date from 3rd november wont they take notice high commission for those 2 days?
You can leave those two days out.
3--last questions since my naturalisation is based on spouse of british citizen what documents can i take to Nationality checking service ?
only passport of myself and my wife? is there any other document they can ask ?
Marriage certificate would help to establish that you are married....