ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension Self employed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asiljon

Tier 1 Extension Self employed

Post by asiljon » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:33 pm

Hi,

Currently I hold Tier 1 which expires in September 2012. I am full time employee in UK company. As I need to get additional 5 points for earnings I am considering an option to conclude a contract for additional part time job. I am going to conclude a contract with non UK company.
If I will do so will I need to regster as self employed in UK or not?

Will my earnings which I will receive from non UK company to my non UK bank account counted toward my earnings points?

Thank you in advance,

ankitv

Post by ankitv » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:17 am

I believe UKBA allows earnings to be shown from multiple sources. I did it too, but that were from same employer.

You could show earnings from multiple employers (sources) but whether you can work for any other employer (in UK or elsewhere) would be governed by your employment conditions of your UK employer.

That's how I see it, others may see it differently.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:57 pm

Earnings can be shown from multiple sources. I'm not sure about non-UK earnings paid into a non-UK bank account - other posts or the guidance notes will tell you what can be included and the evidence required.

Tier 1 doesn't restrict you from working for more than one employer and UKBA will only be interested in whether you have enough earnings and proof of them.

Your contract of employment might include restrictions on other work, but this is a contractual issue between you and your employer, and is not relevant to (or interesting to) UKBA.

asiljon

Post by asiljon » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:47 pm

Thanks. But I still could not find answer from UKBA documens an answer to my main question:

Will my earnings which I will receive from non UK company to my non UK bank account counted toward my earnings points?

I hope that somebody who has the same situation will advise.